6B6 - Minuteman Field - P3DV4.2

BradB

7 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful series of views John.

A very nice bright colour scheme too

So what day next week are you going to pass me by to become #2 on the All Time post list ? , eventually Jack will do the same thing . I have had a good run , but records are to be broken .

Good luck ever trying to catch Sir Iain however ....:unsure::rolleyes::D

John

8 hours ago, jean marc said:

Great atmosphere ... and what huge tundra tyres for this plane !

Jean Marc - Did you get the A2A Spitfire going in P3D v4??

I have it loaded in v4.1 but it won't start, just clouds of smoke from the engine. Everything else looks ok.

Oh

John, btw - very nice set.

I have seen that Super Cub before!:)

TTM

16 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Jean Marc - Did you get the A2A Spitfire going in P3D v4??

I have it loaded in v4.1 but it won't start, just clouds of smoke from the engine. Everything else looks ok.

Still not ! Very frustrating to be able to look and start the spitifre but to have directly engine trouble with no possible overhaul...

But I will persist to try by reinstall and so - may be it will work next by mystery effects from updates... (Firstly the WOP3 P40 had same troubles and by magic suddently it works following P3d4-2 update changes)

1 hour ago, jean marc said:

Still not ! Very frustrating to be able to look and start the spitifre but to have directly engine trouble with no possible overhaul...

But I will persist to try by reinstall and so - may be it will work next by mystery effects from updates... (Firstly the WOP3 P40 had same troubles and by magic suddently it works following P3d4-2 update changes)

P3D4.2 is a clue then. If P40 goes then I think Spitfire should, they have similar set ups.

Have you tried to install A2A Piper Cub in P3D v4??

That eludes ma at moment.

TTM

3 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Have you tried to install A2A Piper Cub in P3D v4??

Yes I did it and it flies very well but mine is the basic version not the one with accusim extension

!! it was into P3D4-2 !! It didn't work for me on P3d4-0

I put some views of it in my 2 last post

But the spitifire still doesn't work despite several tries...

For the P40 it was not easy : I had to make several installation to get it flying - unfortunately I don't know what was the final good way to make it working so I cannot explain the process...

1 minute ago, jean marc said:

Yes I did it and it flies very well but mine is the basic version not the one with accusim extension - I was into P3D4-2 !! It didn't work for me on P3d4-0

I put some views of it in my 2 last post

Hmm

I may have to go to P3D v4.2 from v4.1:)

TTM

4 hours ago, jean marc said:

I

NB : I updated only to P3D4-2 client part

Ok

That makes life simpler.

Did you have any issues? Have read some flers have, some haven't, seems to trace back to their add-ons.

TTM

Addendum: The issue I am having with the A2A Cub is that during the installation process it is looking for FSX.

I no longer have FSX on my machine.

Do You?

The Spitfire & P40 did the same , but they let me point them to the P3D v4.1 drive & install to that, whereas the Cub bails out when it can't find FSX

11 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:
15 hours ago, jean marc said:

I

NB : I updated only to P3D4-2 client part

Ok

That makes life simpler.

Did you have any issues? Have read some flers have, some haven't, seems to trace back to their add-ons.

no everything was perfect and I didn't make any backup before as I read it would be without trouble for the client only - I dit the upgrade as detailed on the lockeed martin site by Elaine

11 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Addendum: The issue I am having with the A2A Cub is that during the installation process it is looking for FSX.

I no longer have FSX on my machine.

Do You?

The Spitfire & P40 did the same , but they let me point them to the P3D v4.1 drive & install to that, whereas the Cub bails out when it can't find FSX

This could have an effect : I kept fsx.exe in the factice fsx directory in order to add by myself the files into P3D4-2 directory (not choosing for exemple to erase font file more rescent sucpecting to have authorisation and so in this file...)

Also sometimes A2A creates others files outside p3d4 (for example A2Aaddon files .... ) - and this could cause some links to be inactive into P3D4-2 - it is a kind of mess when it is outside at several different location - and I tried to keep all inside P3D4-2 by adding by my-self into the only A2A file ...

4 hours ago, jean marc said:

no everything was perfect and I didn't make any backup before as I read it would be without trouble for the client only - I dit the upgrade as detailed on the lockeed martin site by Elaine

This could have an effect : I kept fsx.exe in the factice fsx directory in order to add by myself the files into P3D4-2 directory (not choosing for exemple to erase font file more rescent sucpecting to have authorisation and so in this file...)

Also sometimes A2A creates others files outside p3d4 (for example A2Aaddon files .... ) - and this could cause some links to be inactive into P3D4-2 - it is a kind of mess when it is outside at several different location - and I tried to keep all inside P3D4-2 by adding by my-self into the only A2A file ...

Ok

I have FSX on a backup drive. I will hook that up & see if that will keep A2A Cub happy.

If I can D/L the Cub , then I will try P3D v4.2 install.

Thanks

TTM

Isn't the A2A Spitfire and Cub only for FSX? I did hear something on the A2A forums about them working on making their FSX aircraft P3D compatible. That was way back when v4 came out. The second they do that I am going to buy the P47!

2 hours ago, caleb1 said:

them working on making their FSX aircraft P3D compatible

yes but it we will need to wait maybe still many months as it is annunced since June 2017....And to purchase the update - I guess it will be not free...

2 hours ago, caleb1 said:

The second they do that I am going to buy the P47!

P47 is flying very well from fsx to P3D4-2 (basic version WOP3 not the one with accusim addon) - see my recent post about this

P47 is flying very well from fsx to P3D4-2 (basic version WOP3 not the one with accusim addon) - see my recent post about this

I had in mind purchasing the one with the accusim addition. Otherwise I probably would not get it. I will look at your post.

7 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Isn't the A2A Spitfire and Cub only for FSX? I did hear something on the A2A forums about them working on making their FSX aircraft P3D compatible. That was way back when v4 came out. The second they do that I am going to buy the P47!

The A2A Cub and Spitfire WITH Accusim BOTH have P3D versions out. What they don't have is P3D v4 versions. The current P3D versions of the A2A Cub and Spitfire are for P3D v3 and earlier.

The A2A Cub and Spitfire WITH Accusim BOTH have P3D versions out. What they don't have is P3D v4 versions. The current P3D versions of the A2A Cub and Spitfire are for P3D v3 and earlier.
Oh I didn't know that... But I believe that thing on their forums are about P3D v4 versions. Can't wait for v4 versions of them! Thanks for informing me on that.

12 hours ago, caleb1 said:

I had in mind purchasing the one with the accusim addition. Otherwise I probably would not get it. I will look at your post.

I am very happy with the realism of the WOP3 version without full accusim (but yet a kind of basic accusim which is enough for me) ... and for a really good cost ... Particulary the Piper Cub

Have you ever tried one of them ?

I am very happy with the realism of the WOP3 version without full accusim (but yet a kind of basic accusim which is enough for me) ... and for a really good cost ... Particulary the Piper Cub
Have you ever tried one of them ?
No never tried the any of the A2A FSX planes. I am ok waiting for a v4 version of the planes so I can get the accusim and all.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

No never tried the any of the A2A FSX planes. I am ok waiting for a v4 version of the planes so I can get the accusim and all.

with accusim for P3D4 : I have the T-6 which is a very nice plane to fly with a lot of wonderful skins available (also C182 ... and nextly I plan to purchase the Piper Comanche...)

17 minutes ago, jean marc said:

with accusim for P3D4 : I have the T-6 which is a very nice plane to fly with a lot of wonderful skins available (also C182 ... and nextly I plan to purchase the Piper Comanche...)

Correct, with accusim for P3D v4.  I have the C182, C172, Comanche, and Cherokee in P3D v4.  What I meant was the FSX P51, P47, Cub, etc.

Thanks

Archived