Exploring glaciers in style and comfort

Jack Sawyer

When I saw the thread title and then the first pic with the 747 (or 787, 744...I can't tell the difference) I just knew there was trouble up ahead :D  What a set of shots Jack, and some nice flying and landing skills. I didn't see any skis or tundra tires on that plane though...safety safety Jack ;)

4 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

When I saw the thread title and then the first pic with the 747 (or 787, 744...I can't tell the difference) I just knew there was trouble up ahead :D  What a set of shots Jack, and some nice flying and landing skills. I didn't see any skis or tundra tires on that plane though...safety safety Jack ;)

:lol:  Thanks Landon!  Safety schmafety!  You witnessed a very skilled 747 driver here, or a daring one, or a dumb one?   :wacko:

Nice flying Jack! Impressive shots, and great landing, but wouldn't it have been easier just to make sure you had ice in the buffet bar before setting off?

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

I didn't see any skis or tundra tires on that plane though

And that is such a nice idea, Sniper - tundras on a 747, I'd pay good money to see that!

27 minutes ago, BradB said:

Just make sure you have your studded tires on Jack and you will be just dandy . :rolleyes:;):D

Cheers

John

Or chains.  I had both in Idaho.

10 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Nice flying Jack! Impressive shots, and great landing, but wouldn't it have been easier just to make sure you had ice in the buffet bar before setting off?

And that is such a nice idea, Sniper - tundras on a 747, I'd pay good money to see that!

Thanks Andy.  They didn't want just any old ice, they wanted Alaskan glacial ice.  There's no fluoride in it! :P

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great stuff Jack. Bush flying first class:D

Thanks Karl!  I didn't see any bushes, just ice! :lol:

7 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi Jack,

Awesome set of shots mate, I imagine the trolley dollies weren't giving out drinks during that bank angle :P

Thanks Richard, they were giving out plenty of liquid courage in special NASA cups covered in Velcro for high G turns.  :)

2 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Surely a marvelous flight, especially with the gear down and locked! I saw that your pilot instinct told you to retract it after takeoff for a short moment though :o

Thanks Erik!  Yeah, you're right, it's like second nature.  I didn't need to dirty it up so far out but I thought why not, test the limits.

16 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Well surprisingly you kept the dirty side down this time!

I could have gone inverted but I didn't have enough air below me.  :D I made three normal flights today too, I'll post them tomorrow, nothing exciting, some at Block Island and Croatia.

Great stuff Jack,I often fly in the same area in my Quest Kodiak which is great on short bush strips with reverse pitch etc,have not tried to put up screen shots yet must try sometime,

the Orbx scenery in that area is really something!  Doc

6 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Great! @ me in them so I don't miss those posts, okay?

You bet Erik!  Not a problem.

2 minutes ago, Doc44kin said:

Great stuff Jack,I often fly in the same area in my Quest Kodiak which is great on short bush strips with reverse pitch etc,have not tried to put up screen shots yet must try sometime,

the Orbx scenery in that area is really something!  Doc

Thanks Doc!  I agree, isn't it amazing, it looks like real photos, when I made that flight today I was absolutely marveling at how well done this area is.

Please post some shots, we'd all love to see some!

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You bet Erik!  Not a problem.

Thanks Doc!  I agree, isn't it amazing, it looks like real photos, when I made that flight today I was absolutely marveling at how well done this area is.

Please post some shots, we'd all love to see some!

Sorry,I use a triple screen setup and have no idea how to send screen shots,Doc

15 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Me too :D:D

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

When Jack makes a post expect the unexpected.

Wonderful idea and some excellent flying.

Now when are we going to see the take off.

+1

Thanks Jack, as always, for the great entertainment you provide

"condition grounded ..."   As you should be for pulling a stunt like that.

As I scrolled down, I kept muttering "oh no he isn't, ooh noooo he isn't, oooooooooooh noooooooooo .... JACK !!! "

Beautiful crisp look to your sim, BTW.

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Now that takes the cake Jack, well done! :lol:

Thanks Adam, I'd guess you could call it the icing on the cake! :D

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

When Jack makes a post expect the unexpected.

Wonderful idea and some excellent flying.

Now when are we going to see the take off.

Thanks Martyn, I can do that I thought of doing it but ran out off time. 

4 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots Jack enjoyed your flight regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, glad you liked them.

3 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Stunning flight Jack, and amazing shots too!

Thanks Dolf, I agree, this place Orbx created always amazes me.

1 hour ago, gregmorin said:

Do you have to tear it apart and truck it out? Simulators are fun! Great shots Jack!

Greg

Thanks Greg, nope, this plane is a Jack special, it can take off vertically.  :D

20 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Thanks Jack, as always, for the great entertainment you provide

Thanks Bernd and you're welcome my friend.

4 minutes ago, ozboater said:

"condition grounded ..."   As you should be for pulling a stunt like that.

As I scrolled down, I kept muttering "oh no he isn't, ooh noooo he isn't, oooooooooooh noooooooooo .... JACK !!! "

Beautiful crisp look to your sim, BTW.

:lol:  Thanks ozboater!  That was what I wanted to happen, that kind of reaction.  They couldn't ground me in Alaska, they asked me to do it, it was an um, "expedition", yeah, that's the ticket. :D

1 minute ago, Captain Lars said:

Indeed, and the one with the landing gear view in the glacier valley is easily a Screenshot Competition candidate for me.

Thanks Captain Lars!  I really appreciate that.  But credit goes to ChasePlane, I like making cool shots like that so we have a different view of my lovely slice of what I call Orbx-land.

Archived