The Old Coots Club

My impending 81st. birthday got me wondering how many of us are past 75?

Please reply with your age if you can remember it.  

If you are past 75 and if somebody asks you  Are you An Old Coot?

Look them in the eye and answer, You Bet Your Grey Tail Feathers I am.

(Borrowed from the Turtle Club) 

Dale

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep just turned 75 and I must admit I don’t feel old until as some one said you open a cupboard door and think what the hell did I come here for. At the moment I’m trying to widen my driveway a bit, just a few feet as the women are moaning about some times having to walk on the grass. Doing things like that is when you feel old. Derek.

Me too Rob, but a few more hours as I can't get about too well, and the telly in Mississippi P***** me off big time.. so I fly, and fly, and fly.. and think myself lucky that we have such a great "Game" to occupy our daytime hours. Anyone who would like a flying partner (MP) let me know..Teecee.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, okyone said:

84 yesterday.

The oldest so far, congrats and happy belated birthday.

Next year you will graduate from Old Coot to Ancient Coot. :)

In case you are interested here is what happened in aviation the year you were born.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1934_in_aviation

Dale

• Like 3

Here is a great link to aviation history.

Just change the year in the address and voila, your birth year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1934_in_aviation

I became aviation aware and an airplane nut at age 6 so for me, so 1943 is important to me. 

Got my first ride at age 7 and my head has been in the clouds ever since.:)

Dale

3 hours ago, Bullfox said:

Just turned 75 last month, but remember if you can that there are DC-3's and J-3's older than most of us still flying.

Chevron Oil used to fly a Goose out of Lakefront Airport in New Orleans that was 1 month older than me.

I know that it's true because I read the builders plate. 

I knew that it was old, but not that old. :o

Dale

My first flight was on a C47 back in 1949. I was six years old then. I have no idea how old the aircraft was but given that the first C47 flight was 23 December 1941 (a year to the day before I was born) it was then relatively new. I've often wondered how many C47's are still in service around the world...........Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all you old farts,

I'll turn 80 in August and have a myriad of issues but I'd like to think I'm still useful to ORBX.  Revising airports is what keeps me from going nuts.  Nice to see I'm not the only oldster around here.

Cheers, Neil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

79 next week, bits falling off, but I can fly, fly and fly on the sim.  Had a great work life, also ran up 2000hrs flying and did a lot of offshore yacht racing.  Tee Cee I have never understood shared cockpit or on-line flying but I am willing to learn.  I loved RW flying, now I am happily stuck on computer aviation.  Fortunately, like many of us, my wife encourages me (she also held a licence), and also is happy that I change my CPU and graphics cards every couple of years.  That makes a difference to simming, because the modern airliner add-on and the fantastic advances in scenery realism means to enjoy them we need lots of grunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Great to hear that there are so many folks in my age group.. Macca, I have PM'd you.. It's so nice to realise that I am not the only "Old Fart" sitting for hours enjoying the great scenery of Orbx, Ozx and Misty Moorings..Teecee.

• Like 2

I'll be in this club - probably the only one that would have me! 77 now, and lots of bits falling off, but as an act of utter blind faith, I'm in the middle of a Round The World trip in the trusty B1900D

Not really, at least not for me.. Oh, it has it's ups and downs, but on the whole I am still happy not having to get up for the early shift, or going to work at midnight for the night shift.. In truth, I love being old and being able to do whatever I want whenever I want to :D  :lol:.

(subject to she who shall be obeyed.) Teecee.

• Like 2