The Old Coots Club

Rodger, I have already posted my EV Harley replica motorised wheelchair (as our law requires us to call it, and it is governed to 10mph), 

The machine is great and allows me to grow old disgracefully.

I was 30 when I found myself lying on the street holding up traffic with my right foot pointed in the wrong direction.  30 days in the VA hospital, 3 years on crutches, 7 years before I could walk at a trot, and 51 years if constant pain, but damn did I ever love that bike.

Dale

the idiot who would not listen when his wife kept telling him to sell that #$%!@ machine.

BTW, You cannot sell a motorcycle when you are on crutches. ;)

"damn did I ever love that bike."

Got right back on mine after 16 weeks in hospital. I looked at my shiny, fully repaired machine (still had a caliper on my leg), decided I could ride it OK, and ran into the side of a van..Sold it the next day.. Teecee.

What else have we to brag about Roger?..Only the past.. I think it's the memories of the past that keeps us going.. and to be honest, I can't remember something I did yesterday or last weeks..but ask me about seventy years ago..Clear as a bell.. Teecee.

1 hour ago, teecee said:

What else have we to brag about Roger?..Only the past.. I think it's the memories of the past that keeps us going.. and to be honest, I can't remember something I did yesterday or last weeks..but ask me about seventy years ago..Clear as a bell.. Teecee.

Same with me.:blink:

Never mind what I did yesterday, sometimes I can't remember what I did 2 minutes ago. Like when my wife says "did you put sugar in my tea?" My response is often "Can't remember - taste it  and find out"

How come you geezers never talk about anything besides your dementia ????

What's the matter with girls and stuff.....or maybe even incontinence ?

By the way....speaking of dementia, I've reanimated an old Meigs .bgl file that creates an ILS for both 18 and 36 for the ORBX Meigs incarnation.

alignment is a wee bit off but it shows on both map and GPS.

If anyone is interested we can get together and I'll give you the ancient file and show you how to install it.

:D

On 3/25/2018 at 10:33 AM, teecee said:

What else have we to brag about Roger?..Only the past.. I think it's the memories of the past that keeps us going.. and to be honest, I can't remember something I did yesterday or last weeks..but ask me about seventy years ago..Clear as a bell.. Teece

Teecee, could not agree more. My problem is that the memories of youth are all too often embarrassing, cringe-worthy, or reprehensible. So if I'm going to brag at all, it has to be recent stuff. But then nowadays there's hardly much to brag about. Let's see--oh, this morning I scored the last biscuit before my grandson could reach it. Yesterday,  I managed to understand four out of the sixteen words a young clerk rattled off at the grocery store. At church on Sunday, I remembered to cover my mouth just after I sneezed and blew askew the widow's wig in the pew in front of ours. How about this?...Tomorrow, I will go to an annual doctor's appointment at which as a dementia check I will be asked to remember the words "banana," "chair," and "sunset."  I will remember them because I wrote them down after last year's standardized test and have been practicing all year. I guess I could brag about being one sneaky old dude when it comes to staying one step ahead of the doctor. ;)

Subject: OLD is when.....

OLD' IS WHEN....
Your sweetie says, 'Let's go upstairs and make love,' and you answer, 'Pick one; I can't do both!'

'OLD' IS WHEN...
Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
Going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.

'OLD' IS WHEN....
You don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

'OLD' IS WHEN..
You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of by the police .

'OLD' IS WHEN ...
'Getting a little action' means you don't need to take a laxative today.

'OLD' IS WHEN....
'Getting lucky' means you find your car in the parking lot..

'OLD' IS WHEN....
An 'all nighter' means not getting up to use the bathroom.

'OLD' IS WHEN....
You're not sure if these are facts or jokes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hello Doug.

I am sometimes not quite sure whether the comments in this topic are tongue in cheek or not

but I am thoroughly enjoying that they are making me smile as I approach being

an Old Coot myself.

What can I say to answer you except that the Old Coot's Club topic has for a few

weeks now been in the Old Coot's Club sub-forum, created just for it and the other topics

that have followed.

Happy Easter to you too.:)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Pat Cox (Aussieman) said:

I am grateful for growing old because too many people have never had the chance to grow old

How true Pat. In the last couple of years I've lost the only woman I ever really loved, my best childhood friend, my best high school friend, and my golfing partner for 25 years. It sort of makes me wonder about the "who goes first" rule. The more I've thought about the more I'm convinced that the day you are born there are two numbers entered after your name, i.e., the date you will die and your golf handicap. And, there is nothing you can do about either one of them..........Doug

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I've found one of the perks of getting  old enough to retire is I can get up in the morning when I want to, not because I have to.  Also, I can take my time doing a project or odd job and not have to hurry up and get it done right away because I have to go to work in the morning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My goodness, I feel so much better after reading this!

I'm 85, am authorised to drive without glasses, I can walk  with my stick up to half a mile and eat like a horse when I get there!

My only trouble is, I can't remember what I was going to say next.:rolleyes:

John

• Haha 1

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. 
Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went into town and went into a shop. 
We were only in there for about 5 minutes.

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. 
We went up to him and said, 'Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?' 

Oldpeople.png

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.  I called him a smelly turd.  He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tyres. 
So my wife called him a moron. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote. 
Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus. We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Love it Ken. In England nowadays cops don't write tickets any more. It's done by trumped up people called Traffic Wardens, who now wear personal body armour and body cameras. Wonder what they're afraid of..?  :)