Breaking News Item for Australians

Aussie123

BREAKING NEWS FROM CANBERRA,

A Royal Australian Air Force Pilot serving in the Defence Department narrowly escaped serious injury recently when he attempted horseback riding with no prior experience.  

After mounting his horse unassisted, the horse immediately began moving.  

As it galloped along at a steady and rhythmic pace, the pilot, who has not been named, began to slip sideways from the saddle.

Although attempting to grab for the horse's mane the pilot could not get a firm grip.  He then threw his arms around the horse's neck but continued to slide down the side of the horse.  

The horse galloped along, seemingly oblivious to its slipping rider.

Finally, losing his grip, the rider attempted to leap away from the horse and throw himself to safety…  

However, his foot became entangled in the stirrup, leaving him at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as his head and upper body repeatedly struck the ground.

Moments away from unconsciousness and possible death, to his great fortune a Royal Australian Navy Chief Petty Officer, shopping at K-Mart, saw him and quickly unplugged the horse!

2 hours ago, tennyson said:

What a strange sense of humour you have.

Not sure how you think this has anything to do with ORBX or aviation in general.

Frank

Well, the guy on the horse was, after all, a pilot.....:D. Sounds aviation-related to me.............

You always take a risk in chipping someone over a post on a Forum.

In this case, according to the General Concensus, I am wrong and it's funny...hohum, I stand corrected and bow to the general community who seem to have a better sense of humour than myself.

Being ex-RAAF, it was probably a bit close to the (funny) bone for me.....

Frank

Bit of a stretch to call it funny.  An adult was struggling to ride a toy horse.  Is that the joke?

There does seem to be a real lack of camaraderie between the arms of the ADF.  Very unfortunate.  I'm sure most of it is good fun and they work together when it really counts. 

I suppose it is as in all aspects of life.

Where I am is great and it is better than where you are.

On 02/11/2017 at 8:45 AM, tennyson said:

You always take a risk in chipping someone over a post on a Forum.

In this case, according to the General Concensus, I am wrong and it's funny...hohum, I stand corrected and bow to the general community who seem to have a better sense of humour than myself.

Being ex-RAAF, it was probably a bit close to the (funny) bone for me.....

Frank

Don't feel too bad Frank. 

When I saw the title I got excited and thought it would be something about the new YBCG Orbx are doing or the Australia land class updates.

Disappointed to find it was a joke that I didn't find all the funny. As they say "a time and a place for everything" and I didn't think this ORBX forum was the time or the place.

I'm happy to stand with you on the "non popular" side of the comments  :-)

This is the general discussion forum and it includes room for topics that are not strictly related

to FTX products.

I regret that those of you who did not find any amusement here wasted a few seconds of your lives

and admit that the joke did not amuse me much either.

It must be said that humour does not travel well, I have said it myself often enough, but if it made

you laugh, good for you and if it didn't, hopefully the next one will.

However, please don't waste any more time posting disapproval.

Thanks.

Heavens, I've heard that same joke numerous times with numerous protagonists  (blondes, {funny in another humor thread] U.S. marines, Green Berets, Seals, infantry, American football teams, etc.).  If you didn't find it funny, go laugh at something else.  There is no reason to make comments about it.

Every time I get a chance to sit around the table with a group if experienced pilots, the conversation ranges across technical flying matters, old flying stories, whopper lies, a lot of mutual teasing, well-worn jokes, and a deep tolerance for each individual involved. Old Joe may be a "get-off-my-lawn" curmudgeon, but he is welcome at the table. Young Billy may be a smart-ass, but he too has a place. Jokester Bob shares his groaners, and Wise Willy is tolerated as he continually corrects everyones' perceived flaws. I'm serious--that's been my experience, and I count such moments as the most precious in my life. Moderator Nick Cooper seems to be suggesting that we have permission here to form a pilot's table on an occasional thread. Bless him for that permission, because such threads often take us closest to the heart of the love of flight and fellow flyers. Oh, and one other thing about those real-life tables--people who didn't like the company were not required to stick around. That's not to be snarky with the obvious but just to point out that no Forum Reader is required to participate in a particular thread. If the company around one table is not to your liking, go to another table,. We here at this one wish you all the best.

Archived