ok, OLC SA is past, next OLC Africa, pleeeease :-)

Morpheus

OLC SA is realy incredible to explore. Many thanks!

Now please Africa, I'm waiting for ages for a good scenery/LC for this continent.

In about a half year I will be done with exploring SA, so ORBX hurry up ;-)

regards William

Hi William, if you set yourself the target of flying to all the airports and airstrips in South America, you will truly be able to say that you have explored it. And I bet that will take you more than six months. :)

6 hours ago, tuisong said:

Hi William, if you set yourself the target of flying to all the airports and airstrips in South America, you will truly be able to say that you have explored it. And I bet that will take you more than six months. :)

psst, I retire in one year. Since there I should be ready, but ORBX must not know this ;)

6 hours ago, PFS said:

I saw online somewhere a Night Environment package for North Korea, but the download size was 0Mb...  What up wid dat?  :rolleyes:

yep!

special service for those who didn't get the joke

korea_vir_2012268_lrg.0.jpg

On 27.7.2017 at 5:01 PM, Morpheus said:

Now please Africa, I'm waiting for ages for a good scenery/LC for this continent.

Oh yea, Africa would be an instant winner for me. Global + Vector already gave some facelift, together with FreeMeshX, but that continent has been neglected in the FSX/P3D world. The default being absolutely horrible.

Many small airports and big ones as well to handle the tubes - and often with great fun VOR approaches only. :)

-Esa

OLC Africa has already been in development for some time, we already have 32 sets of brand new unique LC textures and have accumulated and added data for a large part of the continent already:

eO5O.jpg

2odA.jpg

YJLB.jpg

34Om.jpg

j0Gg.jpg

Note this is all pre-alpha stuff, not the final product ;)

On 28.7.2017 at 0:20 AM, sun_king_135 said:

I'd rather hope for Asia and the Middle East to be next. ;)

Kind regards.

I join the disappointment on the Asia shift, I am flying there so often in RL I keenly await it.

On the other hand: Any OLC is great and will provide great exploration, be it South America (now) or Africa (expected).

Next question, or better, assurement: I expect the Canary Islands will be part of Africa, will they?

Any new area to open up a seldom explored part of the world is going to be welcomed.

Africa badly needs an overhaul so I am really looking forwards to this and some wonderful samples from JV.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I join the disappointment on the Asia shift, I am flying there so often in RL I keenly await it.

On the other hand: Any OLC is great and will provide great exploration, be it South America (now) or Africa (expected).

Totally agree with you Gerold, no idea why the change in order but I will buy and be happy to explore whatever they bring out.

On 2.8.2017 at 4:28 PM, John Venema said:

OLC Africa has already been in development for some time, we already have 32 sets of brand new unique LC textures and have accumulated and added data for a large part of the continent already:

[...]

Sweet. Already figuring out some cool cargo routes.

-Esa

I can't wait to see the Africa OpenLC released! Pre-Alpha looks good so far and it'll be exciting to receive further info as time progresses. I'm eager to do some bush flying around this amazing continent, particularly Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. Some great scenery completely ignored by default sceneries. FTX Global and Vector go some way. Combined with FreeMeshx it's acceptable as a fix until Orbx work their magic!;)

You mean even after the orbx ceo confirmed they are doing it, mentioned that development is well underway, and showed screenshots of new textures?  Lol.

this olc will also include the middle east, and a few simmers have flown routes to OMDB...

15 hours ago, ShawnG said:

You mean even after the orbx ceo confirmed they are doing it, mentioned that development is well underway, and showed screenshots of new textures?  Lol.

this olc will also include the middle east, and a few simmers have flown routes to OMDB...

My thoughts exactly......it's happening! Just a matter of when.

Dubai-Addis.  Addis-Cairo.  Liege-Addis.  From Egypt across to Tunis to the P40.  Will do BOAC/Ghana Strat west African routes when OLC is out, as well as into Dakar on the way to South America.  Have done some flying around South Africa.  Over the ME a lot from Asia to Eur or back.  And that's just with Global and Vector.  OLC will make it more inviting.

I doubt many flew over South America either.  However 'build it and they will come' seems to be the order of the day, gauging by the reaction to OLC SA.

Can't say I've seen all of that, hence the mis-quote.  Africa means flying around a place in one of my favourite films:

You played it for her, you can play it for me! Play it!

Not quite the oft quoted 'Play it again Sam.'

Thanks for the previews, John!

Really love the fact that Africa is finally getting some love by one of the big developers. Can we also expect one or the other airport scenery in the long term? I think places like Cape Town (FACT), Jo'burg (FAOR) or Addis Abeba (HAAB) are in dire need of some high class sceneries. :)

Several months ago I undertook an expedition from the Canaries down to Dakar. From Dakar, I was probing ahead, across Gambia to Bissau and then into Mali. Arriving at Bamako. Bamako looked pretty much like Tuscany. Deeply disappointed, I took a direct flight back to the Canaries.

Since then, I am under a self imposed travel ban for African destinations.

Some days after that experience I excitedly discovered JV's hint regarding an upcoming OLC Africa. Now I am waiting eagerly.:rolleyes:

On 8/9/2017 at 8:01 PM, ShawnG said:

Well...we'll see..., ORBX was also going to produce for XP...and that was very much flushed, by John himself, after having stated they had some alpha content already created for exploratory.   Having some alpha...and announcing to a RTM, are sorry, two different species...

Many XP users, were very much disappointed...so, we'll see.

On 27.7.2017 at 4:01 PM, Morpheus said:

OLC SA is realy incredible to explore. Many thanks!

In about a half year I will be done with exploring SA, so ORBX hurry up ;-)

regards William

Orbx, please aim for a release around New Year's Eve in order that it'll be ready next august. :P

On 28.7.2017 at 2:50 AM, johnfromoz said:

I'll take 'em all. Next week, if possible. ;)

+1 Whatever LC is published next, I'll buy it.

On 30.7.2017 at 3:56 AM, PFS said:

I saw online somewhere a Night Environment package for North Korea, but the download size was 0Mb...  What up wid dat?  :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol: A true North Korea scenery would reflect the tristesse there not only by depicting the scenery as it is, but especially by using FS98-state-of-the-art textures and blank polygons to cover even the metalevel. :lol:

On 2.8.2017 at 3:28 PM, John Venema said:

eO5O.jpg

YJLB.jpg

34Om.jpg

That's fantastic news, especially as one can see already now that you don't just make one desert texture for the Sahara, but aim to reflect the different types of sand/stone/gravel that make up for the world's largest desert.

On 28.7.2017 at 0:20 AM, sun_king_135 said:

I'd rather hope for Asia and the Middle East to be next. ;)

Kind regards.

They are in dire need as well. SE Asia, Tibet, Mongolia are as horrible as is Africa.

On 4.8.2017 at 5:14 PM, AKar said:

Sweet. Already figuring out some cool cargo routes.

-Esa

+1 Oh yes.

On 10.8.2017 at 10:41 PM, Mickel said:

Dubai-Addis.  Addis-Cairo.  Liege-Addis. 

+1 Oh yes.

8 hours ago, Der Flieger said:

Thanks for the previews, John!

Really love the fact that Africa is finally getting some love by one of the big developers. Can we also expect one or the other airport scenery in the long term? I think places like Cape Town (FACT), Jo'burg (FAOR) or Addis Abeba (HAAB) are in dire need of some high class sceneries. :)

I wonder if Aerosoft's Johannesburg will ever be done, http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/77639-mega-airport-johannesburg-preview/&page=12. There's a nice Addis Abeba freeware though, http://whitedotsim.de.tl/[P3Dv3-ONLY--k1-OLD-version-for-FSX-k2-]-HAAB-Addis-Ababa-v1-.-9.htm.

Super stoked to be able to explore Africa!  For anyone who has ever watched Out of Africa, Lawrence of Arabia or The English Patient... those flying scenes make me want to re-create some of those myself.

As for the Middle East, also looking forward to exploring a part of the world that I'm not so familiar with.

Raphael

21 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Are you aware of Aeroworx?

Hi Nick, 

I certainly know them and their sceneries, but as far as I know they are good for freeware but far from anything ORBX or any other payware company can offer their customers. I'd love to see a payware version (in the quality of ORBX, FlyTampa or the likes) of the mentioned airports. :)

I have seen the preview thread in Aerosoft's forum for FAOR, but unfortunately there hasn't been any news for ages...

Cheers,

Sebastian

Archived