My last shot here.

FILOU

It has nothing to do with orbx.I am too honest, I can't pretend ,I can not take pleasure anymore with P3D V4 and his lighting engine,the comparison bitween P3D V3 and  P3D V4 is for "me" a big disappointment.I was expecting something modern at all levels.

To be honest the "other" sim gives "me" a lot more of what I was hoping.I feel like I'm there,i feel like to be a pilot,i feel the reality.For me "everything is bigger" I will not go into details.

I want to thank all the orbx team and all users of this forum.Take care of you all.

No FILOU!!!... I love your captures, which are works of screenshot art. So I hope it won't be your last here.

I know what you mean though, there are some advances in lighting elsewhere, and I feel like its hard work getting P3D to look they way I would like as well... but I will persist as I enjoy the search almost as much as flying.

Goodbye master... though I hope to see you back sometimes.

Sorry to hear this you have a been a fantastic screenshot contributor here, Im sure people will agree with me on this I for one will miss your shots on the forum I Thank you for the time you have spent on the forum and wish you well Filou for your future flights.

cheers

Iain

Thank you very much for all your kind comments.There is of course nothing serious about it and the ORBX scenery will remain still fabulouse but I would have liked to see them appear In another environment  (It is my personal feeling).It will be difficult to find another forum like this.But I would continue to share my shots somewhere.For me the aerial simulation is only one fantastic world of which I am a member.Continue to be who you are.

Salut l'artiste, où que tu ailles prend du plaisir et advienne que pourra !

Bye Filou, wherever you go I know you will master your art, I am myself on different forums so maybe our paths will cross again who knows... ;)

I suspect he will be back - an update or two with Prepar3D will change in all likelihood, the aspects he feels are "missing"  - The other Sim, of which he speaks is limited in it's own capabilities  - doesn't matter which one - they all have their assets and their flaws. To each his own...a competitive rung on the screenshot  ladder has just been opened up..."SMASH YOUR V KEYS" Everyone - The King has left the castle.... 

19 minutes ago, GregJ said:

I suspect he will be back - an update or two with Prepar3D will change in all likelihood, the aspects he feels are "missing"  - The other Sim, of which he speaks is limited in it's own capabilities  - doesn't matter which one - they all have their assets and their flaws. To each his own...a competitive rung on the screenshot  ladder has just been opened up..."SMASH YOUR V KEYS" Everyone - The King has left the castle.... 

Words well spoken.  I too won't be surprised to see one of the zen masters of simulation photography come back some time.  Don't ever say "never" Filou because you just never know what the future holds.

1 hour ago, PDX Flyer said:

Words well spoken.  I too won't be surprised to see one of the zen masters of simulation photography come back some time.  Don't ever say "never" Filou because you just never know what the future holds.

I never said never I'm open minded but respectfully P3D will have to surpass.This is my personal feel.

Filou - naturally I'm HUGELY disappointed by your decision - particularly as your pics are always top-notch.

However - I'm a little confused, as I generally find P3Dv4 *better* than P3Dv3 in terms of lighting. Of course, I had hoped LM would finally fix the blobby clouds and oily water, but these have been there from the very beginning.

BUT .... when the fun stops, I agree - time to pull the plug! Not before giving it one last chance though <???>.

Adam.

3 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Filou - naturally I'm HUGELY disappointed by your decision - particularly as your pics are always top-notch.

However - I'm a little confused, as I generally find P3Dv4 *better* than P3Dv3 in terms of lighting. Of course, I had hoped LM would finally fix the blobby clouds and oily water, but these have been there from the very beginning.

BUT .... when the fun stops, I agree - time to pull the plug! Not before giving it one last chance though <???>.

Adam.

Hello Adam

I do not speak about scenery,water,clouds.I'm talking about the lighting engine In its entirety.Of course that P3D v4 is more fluid than P3D v3 but that's all. And number 2     if I can say it without debate  (For me ORBX is not in the right place for show us all their potential scenery) Aerofly fs2 ORBX scenery is a very good example what i want to see.Now i don't have anymore the amazing ORBX scenery but i have the rest.

3 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

All the best for the future Filou, thanks for being with us. with so much change in the flight sim world I understand the exploring of new sims.

cheers

Ken

Thank a lot Ken!

35 minutes ago, tangjuice81 said:

Gonna miss your post too...you told me about P3D and it's benefits over fsx so I appreciate your honesty and commitment to the forums. 

Thank a lot. You will be always welcome no matter the place.

I've been subscribed to this thread and find it interesting.  FILOU, sad to see you go but what sim are you now using?  It can't be AF as he said it wasn't and he would be allowed to post here.  So what's left?  DCS, XP?  I'm just curious now.

7 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I've been subscribed to this thread and find it interesting.  FILOU, sad to see you go but what sim are you now using?  It can't be AF as he said it wasn't and he would be allowed to post here.  So what's left?  DCS, XP?  I'm just curious now.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/514480-not-very-original-but/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/514477-x-plane11-my-first-two-shots/

1 minute ago, FILOU said:

I see, well FILOU, that's what makes it exciting to be at the stage we are now.  How many years were we all locked into one sim, FSX?  Now we have so many choices.  

If I had the money and storage I still don't think I'd buy them all as I don't have enough time for one let alone all those others.  And there's a learning curve to contend with too.

To me, as you know, and I'll say it unabashedly, I'm a big Orbx fan.  I tried a lot of third party scenery and it all turned out to be money wasted.

But it's good we have a choice.  I'll miss those splendid shots that really showed off what Orbx has on offer.

I wish you the best FILOU.

17 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I see, well FILOU, that's what makes it exciting to be at the stage we are now.  How many years were we all locked into one sim, FSX?  Now we have so many choices.  

If I had the money and storage I still don't think I'd buy them all as I don't have enough time for one let alone all those others.  And there's a learning curve to contend with too.

To me, as you know, and I'll say it unabashedly, I'm a big Orbx fan.  I tried a lot of third party scenery and it all turned out to be money wasted.

But it's good we have a choice.  I'll miss those splendid shots that really showed off what Orbx has on offer.

I wish you the best FILOU.

I always remain a big fan of ORBX.

I will miss their scenery enormously but the simulator where i fly must be exhibited the scenery at their highest level with a modern lighting engine.It is for me the big big difference.

5 minutes ago, dolf8857 said:

Sad news Filou, still hoping we'll see you and some new great shots again, take care!

Thank a lot my friend.Take care also.

Hopefully some day Filou you will change your mind on leaving the forum , but I totally respect your decision to do so . You will be sorely missed by all of us around here .

Take care

John

Filou,

X-Plane is a great sim as is P3D and I am looking forward to seeing what you can bring to that platform in terms of pics. If it were not for Orbx, I would be exclusively flying in XP, but being that Orbx does such a great job with P3D, I am able to fly in both platforms. I do hope that Orbx will create some very special new content within the 64-bit environment that will compel you to come back and grace us with your inspiring screenshots. 

8 hours ago, Mike707 said:

Filou,

X-Plane is a great sim as is P3D and I am looking forward to seeing what you can bring to that platform in terms of pics. If it were not for Orbx, I would be exclusively flying in XP, but being that Orbx does such a great job with P3D, I am able to fly in both platforms. I do hope that Orbx will create some very special new content within the 64-bit environment that will compel you to come back and grace us with your inspiring screenshots. 

Thank.In "my" current situation difficult to go back.And believe me I used both simulators for a while and the verdict is without appeal.And it's not orbx fault.Each person has his or her affinity.And I respect that.Today P3D does not match me anymore and this is not a criticism It would have been too easy to do that.

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, FILOU said:

It has nothing to do with orbx.I am too honest, I can't pretend ,I can not take pleasure anymore with P3D V4 and his lighting engine,the comparison bitween P3D V3 and  P3D V4 is for "me" a big disappointment.I was expecting something modern at all levels.

To be honest the "other" sim gives "me" a lot more of what I was hoping.I feel like I'm there,i feel like to be a pilot,i feel the reality.For me "everything is bigger" I will not go into details.

I want to thank all the orbx team and all users of this forum.Take care of you all.

Well this is a  sad day for us all you will be missed by so many people Filou but I think you will be back in time lets hope so..

well wish you all the best with your new sim but you will be back to p3d in the end lets hope so regards stewart

Archived