Freeware Pack 30 sent in

Neil Hill

Hi Folks,

FYI: I've sent in Freeware Pack 30 which should be released within a few days.  It includes 4 airports by new contributor Chris Britton, 6 from regular contributor Larry Isenor including a nice one in South America, SABE, Jorge Newbery Aeroparque, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Most of mine are larger, high altitude airports in the Rockies to help on those long cross country trips.  I hope you enjoy these.

Cheers, Neil

Pack 30.txt

Hmmm... Interesting. I'm looking forward to that, since NM is one of my prime flying areas (other than normal ORBX regionals).

What does it take to get airports included in that pack? I ask because I've got a lot of New Mexico and Colorado airports modeled with ADE, and would be happy to share them, if the situation is right.

Hi Larry,

You haven't tried the North American Freeware Airport pack yet ? You're in for a treat - just add it to your account and FTX3 will install it for you and prepare to be amazed...

https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

Here is an interactive map with all the airports they've made shown - hundreds of great quality free airports made with custom ORBX libraries - minus the latest airports on the above map... The sheer size and scope makes this  monumental achievement really - many have object flow and people flow - makes each one enjoyable to visit... They seem to be done to the same level as all the generic airports in the ORBX regional packs... Add ORBX Global and ORBX NA LC to the mix and you have a complete environment...

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16TLldaoxxmFv7wOWfYyM8zV-bgM&ll=7.985396539637793%2C0&z=1 

Regards,
Scott

7 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi Folks,

FYI: I've sent in Freeware Pack 30 which should be released within a few days.  It includes 4 airports by new contributor Chris Britton, 6 from regular contributor Larry Isenor including a nice one in South America, SABE, Jorge Newbery Aeroparque, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Most of mine are larger, high altitude airports in the Rockies to help on those long cross country trips.  I hope you enjoy these.

Cheers, Neil

Pack 30.txt

Awesome, thanks! SABE was a request of mine, glad it's finally its time!

Neil, many thanks. I am particularly interested in SABE because I already have a FSX version I am using in P3D which i got from Flightsimulatorarg, who by the way for info to any others interested, do some great Argentina airports and airfields.

Is this one for both FSX and P3D/compatible?

I must also state that I look forward to all the others as well, it is just that this version of SABE stood out as one of the few outside of the US/Europe and with OLC South America on the agenda, was wondering if we may see more good quality SA airports in the future, especially fully compatible with P3D (32bit and 64bit)?

On 4/17/2017 at 10:10 AM, Neil Hill said:

Hi Scott,

Yes, you're correct, KALS, Alamoso is in CO.  Probably confused it with Los Alamos which is in NM.

Cheers, Neil

It is in Colorado indeed.  It is also Alamosa,  not Alamoso.  Glad to see New Mexico getting some love.  Now if someone would do an Albuquerque add on . . .

Hi Dale,

KBGR was done as a freeware airport quite awhile ago, no point in doing it again.

Cheers, Neil

And very nicely done at that...

You've made Maine a hoot to fly around and it's greatly appreciated... It's a frequent destination for me...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks for all of these - great additions to be sure.
  • I am begging for all the airports on Vancouver Island to be redone - especially Tofino and Port Alberni (undergoing a large expansion to accommodate Coulson Enterprise's HC-130 conversions contract
  • Please consider this request - the other guy said he'll love you forever...not me - I'll pay for it.

Hello,

Are all these freeware aerodromes for North America compatible with NA regions and payware aerodromes for these NA regions?
By installing them, is that there will be no duplicates causing worries?
Thanks.

Hello Handie,

There should be no problems if you download them in FTXC 3 then in FTXC3 go to Settings / Configure FTX Global Vetor /  Airport Elevation Corrections and Run Auto-Configuration. Hit Apply and all is good.

Thanks to the team for all of this wonderful work.

Thanks paddler,

I don't have FTX Vector nor Open LC, only FTX Global and all the regions in NA and all their airports.

So, I can installed these packs of hundreds of freeware airports without to have problem with my others airports include in the regions and with my others payware airports?

Hi Handie,

Yes, these should all work OK, although there may be a few with strange LC patches since you don't have Open NA LC.  None of these are duplicates of payware airports and none from "region" areas.

Cheers, Neil 

Archived