Freeware Pack 30 sent in

Neil Hill

22 minutes ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi Jack,

Ed adds each new pack as an update to the basepack so just redownload the whole basepack and you'll get the new airports.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks Neil, I just turned on the PC and ran FTX and it shows as an update.

Thanks much!  Really appreciate all the freeware!

Hi Neil, I placed my plane at KELY, Ely, NV as I've been there several times with the Air Force, it's nice but I found a taxiway problem.

Here's some shots.

SCE2Ytm.jpg

m1pBpFR.jpg

Right here:

4ePofN4.jpg

ihi1ckT.jpg

4otYRf1.jpg

Everything is is very cool, more PeopleFlow and overall I really like it.  Is it my settings?  I have Global, NA L/C and Vector on.

S2dzSzR.jpg

I think you can see it from here though.

5D5NTsU.jpg

Hi Jack,

Since I do all my airports in FSX I take great pains to "reset all draw flags" so all the taxiways show up when using P3D.  I checked all the taxiways at KELY and they all look to be reset so I'm not sure where your issue comes from. I'll attach a recompiled KELY and please check to see if you still have that issue.  Replace the files of the same name in your ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery folder.

Anyone else having this issue? 

Cheers, Neil

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KELY.BGL

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KELY_CVX.bgl

47 minutes ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi Jack,

Since I do all my airports in FSX I take great pains to "reset all draw flags" so all the taxiways show up when using P3D.  I checked all the taxiways at KELY and they all look to be reset so I'm not sure where your issue comes from. I'll attach a recompiled KELY and please check to see if you still have that issue.  Replace the files of the same name in your ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery folder.

Anyone else having this issue? 

Cheers, Neil

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KELY.BGL

Thanks Neil, any advice on what should be turned don in Scenery Config Editor?  In those shots I had Global, Trees, Vector, and NA L/C.  So I need another region on maybe?  I have them all.

Hmmm....wierd

For the new files I "reset the draw flags" and lowered the flatten by .05.  I can't imagine why lowering the flatten by that small amount would make a difference but here is the original again, try it.

You had active all that is needed, no other files are necessary.  Did you have this LC "morphing" before you changed to my newer files?  I did check and I have no LC outside the outlines of the airport.

Cheers, Neil

Neil,

I had the same missing taxiways as Jack in post ID:43.

I replaced both KELY files with the ones you linked in post ID:44 and it fixed the problem for me, with no change to my land class.

KELY from airport pack:

KELYorig.jpg

KELY with Neil's fix:

KELYfix.jpg

Note that these gaps are supposed to be there.

KELYgaps.jpg

This is weird Neil, please compare these shots. I started at the same place and headed to the same hangar.  First without your new files and then with them.  Notice in the first set there's yellow taxi lines on the grass.

m1pBpFR.jpg

Notice the mountains in the background

4ePofN4.jpg

ihi1ckT.jpg

4otYRf1.jpg

Same place, same mountains.

EftbADq.jpg

Maybe it's me, I am too tired to try it again.

I have quite a few freeware airports made for FSx and installed in P3D. With many of them I have found that despite  "reset the draw flags" all ticked the taxiways do not like "Asphalt" and show as grass, similar to the pics being submitted. I use ADE and change the taxiways to Tarmac and they magically appear. Now I realise that I am doing a complete amateur's job and nothing like Neill would be doing, but anyone with ADE may like to see if KELY with taxiways changed to Tarmac, eliminates the grassy version.

It may not look correct when you have done it but it may help Neill resolve the issue. As for the surrounding area anomalies I cannot help.

14 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi Jack,

Ed adds each new pack as an update to the basepack so just redownload the whole basepack and you'll get the new airports.

Cheers, Neil

Hello Nick , Thank you Very much for the New Airport's !

There as so many airport's  and it will be great if there is a KMZ .

Thank you ,

Mike

5 hours ago, mikee said:

Hello Nick , Thank you Very much for the New Airport's !

There as so many airport's  and it will be great if there is a KMZ .

Thank you ,

Mike

Hi Folks,

FYI: The best way I've found to track airports I have loaded in FS is with Alex's incredible "Little Navmap" - - - one of it's slickest features is that it scans your "scenery.cfg" file and databases all addon airports (including all the countless airports found in the ORBX Region/Freeware packs if you have them loaded) - - - once databased - there is an option on the maps to display ONLY those airports found in your scenery.cfg - which makes it a breeze to plan flights... Every airport displayed on the map is an improved airport - none of the default airports are shown - unless you turn them on... It's a very cool - FREE - open source program that has quickly become my go to flight planning tool... It's still under constant development and there is nothing "little" about it...

Little Navmap

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html  

Regards,
Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

FYI: The best way I've found to track airports I have loaded in FS is with Alex's incredible "Little Navmap" - - - one of it's slickest features is that it scans your "scenery.cfg" file and databases all addon airports (including all the countless airports found in the ORBX Region/Freeware packs if you have them loaded) - - - once databased - there is an option on the maps to display ONLY those airports found in your scenery.cfg - which makes it a breeze to plan flights... Every airport displayed on the map is an improved airport - none of the default airports are shown - unless you turn them on... It's a very cool - FREE - open source program that has quickly become my go to flight planning tool... It's still under constant development and there is nothing "little" about it...

Little Navmap

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html  

Regards,
Scott

Thank you very much Scott , I appreciated it !

Mike

Scott,

I also like Little NavMap. It works great for most of my aircraft although it won't for my Majestic Q400. 

However to the point I can't figure out how to activate airports that are in my scenery config file and excluding default ones.

I have looked at the Map heading column but no luck. Can you point us in the right direction please.

Thanks,

Rolf

Hi Mike,

Happy to help...

Hi Rolf,

Hmm - I'm not in front of my Flight Sim PC at the moment... The prerequisite is you have to build your "Scenery Library" under the menu item named the same on the interface - once done the information is static so you need to run it again anytime your scenery.cfg changes... I'm big at activating only those scenery areas I'm actively using - so I have to enable all to get a valid database snapshot...

My below example is in the Northern California region - so all the airports displayed are those that are included with the region - no defaults shown...

Maybe try matching my setup - possibly the blue airport icons - in the command tool bar and see if it works for you ? Just guessing at the moment...

LNV_zpspndtb1ig.png

Sorry - can't help you with the Majestic... I bought the plane over the holidays - had terrible external view stutters while the VC was as smooth as silk - so it just gathered dust - just noticed a "patch" over the weekend and behold the stuttering is fixed - time to start learning this plane... 

While Airports, VOR, NDB, Airways are already built in to LNM - there is a new release coming in the next few weeks with a multitude of improvements - including defined airspaces...

Regards,

Scott

Hi there, back to Jack again,

That last shot is taken from the road leading from the east tarmac, not the taxiway, note the relationship of the buildings to the dip in the mountains behind them.  That being said I can't do any more than ADE will let me.  If I've "reset the draw flags" there is nothing more ADE will let me do, it's an idiosyncrasy with P3D that I can't fix, I'm sorry.

Back to doing airports....

Cheers, Neil

4 minutes ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi there, back to Jack again,

That last shot is taken from the road leading from the east tarmac, not the taxiway, note the relationship of the buildings to the dip in the mountains behind them.  That being said I can't do any more than ADE will let me.  If I've "reset the draw flags" there is nothing more ADE will let me do, it's an idiosyncrasy with P3D that I can't fix, I'm sorry.

Back to doing airports....

Cheers, Neil

Thanks Neil!  This is my mistake I reckon.  Not a problem at all.  And thank you for the freeware abd your awesome support.

It's much appreciated.

On 4/18/2017 at 3:29 AM, jjaycee1 said:

Neil, many thanks. I am particularly interested in SABE because I already have a FSX version I am using in P3D which i got from Flightsimulatorarg, who by the way for info to any others interested, do some great Argentina airports and airfields.

Is this one for both FSX and P3D/compatible?

I must also state that I look forward to all the others as well, it is just that this version of SABE stood out as one of the few outside of the US/Europe and with OLC South America on the agenda, was wondering if we may see more good quality SA airports in the future, especially fully compatible with P3D (32bit and 64bit)?

Let's cross the fingers that a more good quality SABE Airport can be obtained alongside OpenLC SA..  The material is there to be able to achieve that:

Besides FlightSimulatorArg version - there's a similar version, with better textures originally designed for FS9 - but it can be updated to use it at P3D. http://francocordobafsa.blogspot.com.ar/

Just send me a private message so I can share the updated files with you.

2017-3-9_16-23-48-865.jpeg

2017-3-14_10-13-47-602.jpeg

Hello and thanks Neil.

That is wonderful from you both, I really appreciate it.

Now the question and a very weak point of mine...instalation....  Will these got to the bottom (eg No1) of Orbx scenery, or do you leave them where they go.

Anything in the instalation I should look out for?  Although I've been around since day one I always had trouble instaling and I'm afaid all the practise in the world is not help.

Regards and thanks again Neil,

JimNZ

Archived