Good news and not so good news - upcoming releases

John Venema

The good news...fabulous releases coming...and will come over the years...

Not so good news;....  Wife peering into den....looking to see if my credit card is in my hand...as I squint at the screen....pressing the number pad...

Merry Christmas (and any other religious and/or recognized holiday at this time of year, celebrated by any of the staff and dev's)!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the good news update.  I'm really enjoying NorCal and PNW as I am circumnavigating the US.  Currently in Mariposa/Yosemite.  A recent landing at Mammoth Lake airport on a winter's day was one of the best sim experiences I've had. Yosemite National Park is brilliant by the way.  So now I can eventually fly east without feeling that I'm lost in the matrix.

Keep of the eggnog.

I'll echo the views of others - none of that sounded like bad news. And a Merry Christmas and a prosperous and successful 2016 to all at ORBX. Don't forget to take a break yourselves - we can stand another week or so of delay if it means you're all better rested.

I did not know the OpenLC also included Mexico and the Caribbean! Great!!!! Along with SCA this is another expensive few months upcoming for my wallet.

Any news about Mammoth airport? I recall a long time ago this was going to be an upcoming airport release.

Great news all round John. Merry Christmas to you and the ever increasing Orbx Team. I will be contending for bandwidth from the FSS servers as soon as FTX NA SCA Southern California is released, then I will be attempting to find time to explore.

Cheers Anton. (iPad using Tapatalk)

Thanks to All the Orbx team.

I've just got myself a new computer as a Birthday pressie for myself and I am now downloading Socal as a Chrissie present

You All have a Merry Xmas and Stress free 2016

Mike

9 hours ago, John Venema said:

Holger is now focused on Germany North and South, then will focus back on NA regions in 2017.

We may look into boosting the regions team through 2016 so as to make a start on more NA regions like NAK or New England or Hawaii.

That is an interesting little "leak" of information John.

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 8:45 AM, Stewart Hobson said:

Like buying a Mercedez-Benz, if you have to ask, you can't afford it!  :)

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 10:47 AM, FalconAF said:

Naw.  I could ask, and I could afford one.  But I don't want one.  :D

Buying a Benz or Beema is the easy part.

It is when you take it to the mechanic for a service or repair that it gets expensive.

JV , thank you for the update.

Those shots of Germany look very nice , this gossip on projects is definitely appreciated .

Wishing you and the FTX team , and members here at this forum a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cheers

Karol

Hi there,

I don't remember that discussion but Germany North will only include about 10-15km of Denmark territory along the boundary with Germany. There is no economy-of-scale with FTX regions (meaning the first sq km takes as long to produce as the last since most of the work is manual) and Denmark isn't all that small.

Cheers, Holger

• 1 month later...

Archived