NCA Northern California SP1: Pre-Release Shots

Well, the files have all been sent to Ed for final packaging, so NCA SP1 should be headed your way shortly :)

The fixes and improvements are too numerous to count, but here are some screen shots to show you some of the new features to look forward to!  Note that these are just my additions to SP1; Holger and Chris also have their share of fixes to airports and terrain features.

Many marina and boat objects have been added throughout the region, including San Francisco Bay, the Delta, and numerous reservoirs:

L3A89.jpg

Additional ships and piers have been added to their real locations in San Francisco Bay and the Delta:

uUr79.jpg

Numerous landclass updates around the San Francisco Bay area, improving detail and accuracy.  Shown here is Vallejo:

N1AE2.jpg

Custom power plant objects added to the Antioch area:

bANTP.jpg

Moss Landing and Elkhorn Slough recreated in Photorealistic detail, with custom autogen, power plant model, and marinas:

EOj0R.jpg

Landclass around Sacramento substantially improved, with the California capital building added as well as Riverfront Park:

uZRqV.jpg

Detail added to various parts of the Central Valley.  Pictured is the town of Red Bluff:

TSvIZ.jpg

Landclass improvements and detail added to a huge portion of the coastline, from the northern NCA border down south to Gualala.  Shown here is the Eureka/Humboldt area:

uA30v.jpg

Major detail and landclass refinements to southern Oregon and the northernmost portion of California (from Redding on up).  Shown here is Grant's Pass, Oregon:

aZIyu.jpg

Fields and hills near near Medford, OR:

l3xJa.jpg

Ashland, OR:

cbpj.jpg

Hills near Klamath Falls, Oregon:

4Aug.jpg

Improved landclass around Mammoth, CA:

U8Jdl.jpg

And lastly, here is a sneak preview of the upcoming Cityscape San Francisco!  Note that this is NOT INCLUDED in SP1; this is a preview pic only, just to whet your appetite :)

hPEUZ.jpg

The improvements looks great!

(Did the traffic tunnels get buried under the taxiways at Oakland?)

As for the Cityscape San Francisco.... consider my appetite whetted... been whetted for some time now. :)

Thanks for the peek,

Tom Wunder

And lastly, here is a sneak preview of the upcoming Cityscape San Francisco!  Note that this is NOT INCLUDED in SP1; this is a preview pic only, just to whet your appetite  :)

I thought SF Cityscape was included in Northern California anyway. It looks very detailed as it is. ???

Very impressive!

A small remark: coastlines cutting through industrial areas in screenshot #1 and #3 don't look so nice.

Is it possible to switch of the windparks in the control panel? My frames will be much better without these huge areas of windparks.

Cheers,

Fritz

I am so satisfied with your products and love them altogether. Any recommendations towards the sale at flightsimstore? :)

Find an FTX region you like and scoop a few airports. Try to restrain yourself a little but this is a helluva sale, might not get another chance at these prices.

You will wish you had bought more. If you are like me, you buy this stuff like crack candy.

Many marina and boat objects have been added throughout the region, including San Francisco Bay, the Delta, and numerous reservoirs:

L3A89.jpg

Scott, thanks for sharing these. Is that top shot over there in Oakland/Alameda? I was going to ask about the coast guard base there but I started to look closely at this first shot and began to wonder if maybe that was it.

What was your best scenery area to date is just going to get better.  Am so impressed with what you guys are doing.

Couple this with Night Environment California and you have (in my opinion) something way better that photoscenery.

My heart is a-flutter!

Hi guys,

Did the traffic tunnels get buried under the taxiways at Oakland?

Tom, yes they have.

Is it possible to switch of the windparks in the control panel? My frames will be much better without these huge areas of windparks.

Fritz, the regions don't have control panels but I've altered the coding of the windfarm files so people now have a couple of options for dealing with them. Here's the excerpt from the SP1 user manual:

Please note – deactivating windfarm placement files:

Some NCA users have reported issues with lowered frame rates or display stuttering when flying in southcentral

NCA between Antioch and Stockton. This could be caused by the high density of turbines (>5,500

objects) in the 30 windfarms of the Rio Vista and Altamont Pass areas. With this service pack we've changed

the file coding giving you two options to address local frame rate issues related to the windfarms:

1) In your FSX/P3D scenery display menu, move the Scenery Complexity slider to one setting left of full right,

to “Very Denseâ€; this will prevent any windfarm turbine from displaying and can be done during a flight.

2) If you permanently want to disable the windfarm placement files navigate to

\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery, sort the folder by name, and locate the files:

FTX_NCA_objects_windfarms_CA_PLC_addtl_static1.BGL ↠contains a random 30% of all turbines

FTX_NCA_objects_windfarms_CA_PLC_addtl_static2.BGL ↠contains another random 30% of turbines

FTX_NCA_objects_windfarms_CA_PLC_addtl_animated.BGL ↠contains remaining 40% of turbines using

models with spinning rotors

Renaming their .bgl extension to .OFF will deactivate the corresponding turbines. You can experiment with

deactivating one or more of those files. Note that the file FTX_NCA_objects_windfarms_CA_PLC.BGL

places only one small windfarm northeast of Redding (Hatchet Ridge) and won't cause any issues.

Cheers, Holger

Hi guys,

Tom, yes they have.

Fritz, the regions don't have control panels but I've altered the coding of the windfarm files so people now have a couple of options for dealing with them. Here's the excerpt from the SP1 user manual:

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for burying those tunnels Holger! ;)

A small issue I'll admit but it was kind of annoying to have to taxi through them. lol

Well, the files have all been sent to Ed for final packaging, so NCA SP1 should be headed your way shortly :)

The fixes and improvements are too numerous to count, but here are some screen shots to show you some of the new features to look forward to!  Note that these are just my additions to SP1; Holger and Chris also have their share of fixes to airports and terrain features.

:o NCA is so good I didn't think a patch would come so soon.  Thanks for the preview shots, great work. It looks like I just might have to re-fly all my trips to date

I hope it is not too late to mention this and maybe get the items below fixed in this patch.

CA09 Round Mountain and 6OR6 Wonder, are both unusable due to the terrain (no reasonably smooth area to land on)

OG17 has a flashing tree on the runway (maybe caused by my setup)

I must say though that all the other small strips I have visited (mainly in the northern half so far) are done very well. Congratulations.

Very nice indeed…however I am bit concerned with the performance in the bay area, which is already with the current version on the limit. I have a decent system (4.5 MHz, 780Ti) but still suffer from a significant framerate drop when I fly over San Francisco area.

Great shots! Just to be clear, is cityscape SF going to be included for NCA users? Or will we need to purchase it separately? I was under the impression it was going to be part of SP1, bit I understand if things change. 

As far as I am aware SF City Scape will be a freeware, much like Portland was

Was I wrong to think this would be a day or two out?  Can't take the prrreeeesssuuurrrreeee :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::D

Pleased and thanks for the update to NCA, it's much appreciated; however I am a little surprised that though some golf courses were added here and there they are still lacking in some areas.

Please consider using a better source for golf courses in a future update. When flying VFR I look for them and when they are missing it's a bit disappointing.

Also, very much looking forward to the SF cityscape addon; any chance that the UC Berkley campus will be included in the area? It's currently not represented in NCA.

Archived