Share your desk / cockpit setup here!

Daniel Taylor

I have been thinking about a new setup for my flight sim and thought it was a good idea to start a thread where people can share how they use flight sim. And how they have setup a desk / cockpit environment.

I will post my setup later today when i am home. I am looking for ideas, hope this gets some people posting photo's of how they sim!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been thinking about a new setup for my flight sim and thought it was a good idea to start a thread where people can share how they use flight sim. And how they have setup a desk / cockpit environment.

I will post my setup later today when i am home. I am looking for ideas, hope this gets some people posting photo's of how they sim!

Hi Daniel,

all the best for your new setup. If you search the forum you will find that there already is/was a thread in which a lot of useres have posted their setups.

Nevertheless, as time goes by it is a godd idea to start such a thread again.

Ah damn yeah if I was smart I would of searched for a thread with peoples photos. Ah well people may have new setups now :)

here is my setup, a bit plain but I am looking at upgrading and changing things up a bit.

I have the following devices:

27" Asus screen ( main FSX screen 1920 x 1080 )

17" LG ( for gauges, gps etc )

Track IR

Saitek Switch Panel

Saitek Radio Panel

Saitek Multi Panel

Saitek Instrument Panel

Saitek Yoke

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Ipad set up with Ozrunways in simulator mode for flying in Aus

Flight sound x adapter to use my real life headset

kQNU.jpg

Hi,

Here's mine displayed for public during Mondial of Simulation 2013 in Le Bourget:

m07.JPG

At home, I cannot connect the yoke and panels because I have no room for that. I just keep the triplehead display that free much place under the monitors

My setup:

osrj.jpg

I like to keep things fairly simple since I also use the computer for music, web browsing, work and general gaming. Only takes a minute to remove/install the yoke and throttle quadrant.

gc4h.jpg

Internals of the system:
19jo.jpg

Very lucky man Holi

Stu

Yes I´m, but to a complete cockpit is still a long way to go....

But the good think is that I can fly between the construction steps and therefore it is still fun!

Holi, a fab setup, I enhanced my three screen experience by adding three light weight black boards about 1 foot high above the screens so all I see are the screens and not the back wall above the screens.

This also makes you feel you are leaning sideways left on a left turn as without the top covers the back wall keeps a horizontal reference in your eye.

Just a suggestion.

Regards

Ken

Creating this post was one of the best ideas! :)

Digital TH2go for me.Even though i got a GTX680 and could use that for my 3 monitors i have just never got around to it.I have my settings and resolutions all good with my monitors and TH2go so im a happy camper.

Stu

Holi, a fab setup, I enhanced my three screen experience by adding three light weight black boards about 1 foot high above the screens so all I see are the screens and not the back wall above the screens.This also makes you feel you are leaning sideways left on a left turn as without the top covers the back wall keeps a horizontal reference in your eye.Just a suggestion.RegardsKen

Ken,

Thank you very much for advise.

As I'm not finally sure which way to go ( either 3 monitor set up or 3 HD Beamer and curved screen) I leave it as is.

I fully agree that my present set up is not final, but will decide shortly.....

I'm using a GTX 670 and 3 IPS 27" monitors in Nividia Surround with frame correction at the moment.

I'm going to order a full HD beamer very soon and check how it works out on a big screen. I tried it with a simple beamer, just 1024x768 and was not satisfied, therefore I went back to the monitor setup 5888x1080.

Archived