Share your desk / cockpit setup here!

Daniel Taylor

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just used a Saitek clamp and 2 angle brackets:

dhSA0.jpg

I'm just wondering if the hook from SAITEK is strong enough. I intend to do the same with something in metal

I was on holiday in the countryside with family  where I have some computer hardware and display devices sleeping in a garage. As it was raining a lot, I decided to past my time building a flying machine. So here it is the result:

P1170617.JPG

Well, the rig is an old Asus P5N with Core2Quad QX6700, 8GB under W7 pro-x64 and a 250GB IDE HDD. Graphic is ATI HD 5870 1GB connected to 3x21' LCD. Other devices are Saitek pro Flight. I installed P3D2 academic and FTX Global + Vector. The sim works fines for VFR Flights !

I'm just wondering if the hook from SAITEK is strong enough. I intend to do the same with something in metal

Les équerres ne posent pas problème, mais Saitek ne le vendant pas séparément, je me demande dans quelle grande surface de bricolage trouver ce "clamp" ( un comble, je connais le mot anglais, pas le mot français ;)  : étau ?) ? Vous avez déjà fait une recherche ?

(for the non French speakers, asking where to find that kind of clamp in France).

Les équerres ne posent pas problème, mais Saitek ne le vendant pas séparément, je me demande dans quelle grande surface de bricolage trouver ce "clamp" ( un comble, je connais le mot anglais, pas le mot français ;)  : étau ?) ? Vous avez déjà fait une recherche ?

(for the non French speakers, asking where to find that kind of clamp in France).

En fait, j'ai un doute sur la solidité de l'équerre de Saitek surtout si on s'appuie dessus comme on le fait souvent avec un stick et le throttle :lol:

. Why on earth would you give the one you love grief for doing something that they love doing. Of course if wifey had to give up their dressing room for a sim room, then that may be a different story :D

...any hobby on which one can engross himself too much can lead to issues!... However I do agree totally with your views ;-)

Im of the 42" variety

To the bottom left is a back lit 737 Throttle from Throttletek

MCP by Sino fsx and the usual yoke and pedal combo feels great at night I must say :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

What brand 42" tv do you use ? Als9 what resolution are you running ? I am thinking of doing the same thing as you.

Thanks

Daniel

What brand 42" tv do you use ? Als9 what resolution are you running ? I am thinking of doing the same thing as you.

Thanks

Daniel

Hi Daniel, I know you are asking Als9, however, I thought I would let you know what I use. It's an LG 42" HD (not a smart tv or anything, but a good quality one). As far as the resolution is concerned, I run it at the highest FSX will allow. And I feel that it is better than three monitors running with Matrox, which I used before I built my cockpit.

• 2 months later...

Being quite for a while here a short update of my Home Cockpit......it keeps me busy.......

unfortunately I can not post any images as an error message occurs during upload, I will try later again....

ok, another try.....

hc19vqizahr5b.jpg

Being quite for a while here a short update of my Home Cockpit......it keeps me busy.......

unfortunately I can not post any images as an error message occurs during upload, I will try later again....

ok, another try.....

Not too bad, Holi O0

Maybe you could let us know what parts you used for this setup?

I got a Saitek Switch Panel for my birthday shortly and now managed to set it up in P3D2 using the SPAD driver. Works great! And I just noticed that I can even handle more than one engine with my setup sine I also own the Saitek Radio Panel. So I can start both engines of the C-47 I currently fly most in P3D with my new setup.

Very nice!

I try to make it as simple as I can....

3 computer in a network software connects via WideFS and simconnect

first computer is handling the P3Dv2 plus Avliasoft EFB server only, visuals connected 3 HD Beamer BenQ  displaying on a 180 curved screen 5X1,20m

second computer handling the Boeing suite of Project Magenta.... CDU, MCP, 5 instances of PM GC

third computer is handling EFB Display unit, PMSystems, ASN for weather, PMsounds and PM RCDU

Flight hardware

MIP panel Cockpit Sonic, but refurbished with parts from Simworld.pl like engine panel, indications etc. CP Flight MCP, 2 EFIS and Mip board.

2 Engravity CDU´s and mot Throttle CS,

finally the OVHD panel plug and play von Simworld.pl which a real masterpiece...as real as it gets! These guys are quite new in the sim hardware world but they are doing excellent and compare to others quite reasonable prices!!!

Basicly thats it...

@zoran

> "How come 2 mcp's?"

The Aerosoft Australia MCP I bought originally for PS1. However, it is still usable with the current version of the PMDG 744. But since no drivers were available for my other PMDG aircraft I bought the VRinsight MCP (note that v2 is now available), which in conjunction with LINDA (for info, see the beginner's guide available from http://forum.avsim.net/forum/424-linda/ ) is an extremely satisfactory and comprehensive solution. (I don't use the VRinsight software at all). But I only fly the PMDG big Boeings, so couldn't imagine life without an MCP, now.

> "...how do you rate Vrinsight T and T?"

I use that exclusively to control my many EZCA views — although it could easily be assigned to other things via LINDA, of course — and have found it to be sturdy and reliable.

That combination of items means that I seldom if ever have to resort to mouse or keyboard when vlying.    :smile:

Cheers,

Brian

here is some updated photos of my sim. its slowly evolved over a few years now

features  2 pc,s 1 2600k  1 e8400

3x 32 inch Panasonic tv,s

1 22inch monitor for map ect

lots of fs hardware as seen in pics

2 throttles one ga the other twin otter up above

buttkicker wireless kit

BAhPF.jpg

xcjCt.jpg

ofQp5.jpg

Ar3aI.jpg

AVSTZ.jpg

SJD0k.jpg

kWPvq.jpg

FLqlW.jpg

Hello fellow pilots,

Here is my flight deck! I am very happy with the overall setup. I enjoy setting up a nice flight plan over the Pacific Northwest, leveling off at cruising altitude, and then grabbing a snack and cracking open a cold refreshing Belgian Beer! Cheers!

~Lee

4e5x.jpg

t2gt.jpg

3wa2.jpg

here is some updated photos of my sim. its slowly evolved over a few years now

features  2 pc,s 1 2600k  1 e8400

3x 32 inch Panasonic tv,s

1 22inch monitor for map ect

lots of fs hardware as seen in pics

2 throttles one ga the other twin otter up above

buttkicker wireless kit

BAhPF.jpg

xcjCt.jpg

ofQp5.jpg

Ar3aI.jpg

AVSTZ.jpg

SJD0k.jpg

kWPvq.jpg

FLqlW.jpg

Very nice Peter (Skelly) I like your panel, is that home made or purchased  ?  

I'm thinking of a generic pit of some sort, hmm interesting guys..

keep them coming , will help out others too I hope 

oh just wondering ,with the extra stuff, ie gauges ,control's ,do these slow your system down at all?

milo

Ya..Mpanel is great! Who is Linda?? Mpanel works fine with PMDG lol :)

Impossible! check to see if your heading and altitude on the PMDG 737 MCP changes when you rotate the knobs on the Mpanel? if so you will be the first and good luck to you! :-))

Impossible! check to see if your heading and altitude on the PMDG 737 MCP changes when you rotate the knobs on the Mpanel? if so you will be the first and good luck to you! :-))

All works fine in my PMDG 737 NGX.. you are aware of the additional line that needs to be added to the options .ini file?

OK..sorry about the duplicate document image..was not my intention, was just a bit of sloppiness as I was rushing out the door to work hahaha.

Ya..it was the newest version from VRInsight that I stumbled upon at the time, it also includes the PMDG 747 FSX. The one thing I don't like about the VRInsight software is that it overrides the PMDG nav ident audio on/off function and keeps it turned on..not a big deal..the beeping just gets on my nerves sometimes lol  

Oh ya.. the serial FP2 is the old software version..I have both installed and use it for other aircraft if I don't want to switch aircraft in the drop down menu hahaha

Just reporting back, downloaded and it works !  :D  doesn't even need LINDA although I use Linda for everything else.

Anyway better let this thread get back to posting sims of which I will post mine when I find a camera big enough to capture my projector screen  ::)

Archived