Share your desk / cockpit setup here!

Daniel Taylor

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one laugh please!!!!!!

I did that yesterday, took me all day, I had one before but the seating position was horrible.

rig1.jpg

rig2.jpg

I still have to figure out how to hook my laptop with plan G

Ben

Why would anyone laugh? Way better and more functional than my miserable setup.

Andrew,

Another teaser.....only warping, no blending yet. Still trying....

jjq9a8ep.jpg

so what did you say you use for the screen??

No one laugh please!!!!!!

I did that yesterday, took me all day, I had one before but the seating position was horrible.

rig1.jpg

rig2.jpg

I still have to figure out how to hook my laptop with plan G

Ben

you have to start some where mate!! 

Hello Friends,

Very interesting to see how you arrange your cockpit. Many handsome ideas anyway 8)

Here is my smallest config for FSX.I use it to build small sceneries and make instant flight during my travel or whenever I'm too lazy to start the big one:

20131109_121507.jpg
20131109_121752.jpg

Hello Friends,

Very interesting to see how you arrange your cockpit. Many handsome ideas anyway 8)

Here is my smallest config for FSX.I use it to build small sceneries and make instant flight during my travel or whenever I'm too lazy to start the big one:

20131109_121507.jpg

20131109_121752.jpg

That is a great idea :)

Hello Friends,

20131109_121507.jpg

20131109_121752.jpg

Very nice, Richard!

I thought about something like this for a some time since I am travelling a lot. Evenings in business hotels would be much more fun!

But I think my laptop (i3 with 2.2 Ghz) is not powerfull enough... What are your specs?

Here my cockpit & desk. Dest & cockpit are separate, the both screesn, keyboard and mouse are connected on the same PC. My cockpit is based on Aker Barnes Cockpit. I use it for FSX & DCS flights and the desk for other activities

fsx-nov-012.jpg

fsx-nov-013.jpg

fsx-nov-014.jpg

Franck

Very nice, Richard!

I thought about something like this for a some time since I am travelling a lot. Evenings in business hotels would be much more fun!

But I think my laptop (i3 with 2.2 Ghz) is not powerfull enough... What are your specs?

Mine is weaker: only dual core atom 1.87GHz with 2GB under w7 x32. I only use landclass scenery with minimum effects and autogen. I think yours can be more effective :D

Here my cockpit & desk. Dest & cockpit are separate, the both screesn, keyboard and mouse are connected on the same PC. My cockpit is based on Aker Barnes Cockpit. I use it for FSX & DCS flights and the desk for other activities

fsx-nov-012.jpg

fsx-nov-013.jpg

fsx-nov-014.jpg

Franck

Very nice setup Franck. I like what you have done there. :)

Ok,this is where I write reviews,write my book,get in my own selfish space and relax and enjoy my flying.I need to get some pedals,but this is the start of something I will build on it as I go,but I am moving to Darwin late next year for work and Lifestyle.The reason I do not have Pedals? one word=Add ons,can't help wanting more planes and scenery.I also make it a habit to buy a full size map of each region I explore.

Kof4w.jpg

AevYg.jpg

zAb3r.jpg

Mine is weaker: only dual core atom 1.87GHz with 2GB under w7 x32. I only use landclass scenery with minimum effects and autogen. I think yours can be more effective :D

Thanks, Richard, for the support of the idea.

In the meantime I have installed FSX on my laptop. I have started with very low settings in default scenery and I am surprised how well it runs. In Ketchikan (default) in the C172 in good weather I can use high autogen and scenery LOD settings as long as I leave the water at 2.low and still get 30+ fps. So I have to figure out how things work well and I will have to do the necessary tweaks to get the most out of it.

Now I ordered a Xbox360 controller to have something to steer the plane a bit better than by the keyboard. I will report, how things go with my “FSX-to-go†package.

Ok,this is where I write reviews,write my book,get in my own selfish space and relax and enjoy my flying.I need to get some pedals,but this is the start of something I will build on it as I go,but I am moving to Darwin late next year for work and Lifestyle.The reason I do not have Pedals? one word=Add ons,can't help wanting more planes and scenery.I also make it a habit to buy a full size map of each region I explore.

Kof4w.jpg

AevYg.jpg

zAb3r.jpg

What I don't see Spok, is your TrackIR? Where is it? How on Earth does one pilot or, more importantly, command a starship, especially when traveling through wormholes, without a TrackIR? ??? Surely, you are not relying solely on a hat switch. Unless you just mistakenly have it stowed in an engineering bay when you took this picture, then I suggest you get with Scottie and have him acquire a proper TrackIR. :D  :D  

Kof4w.jpg

AevYg.jpg

zAb3r.jpg

What I don't see Spok, is your TrackIR? Where is it? How on Earth does one pilot or, more importantly, command a starship, especially when traveling through wormholes, without a TrackIR? ??? Surely, you are not relying solely on a hat switch. Unless you just mistakenly have it stowed in an engineering bay when you took this picture, then I suggest you get with Scottie and have him acquire a proper TrackIR. :D  :D  

Hahaha,Sniper31, Iwish I had Trak iR,Pedals first,just got Ezdok ;D ,would like to review the Trak IR although it has been done so no luck there as same with pedals.I have gone remarkably well so far,and slowly catching up.Pedals and Orbx products are my next big thing! I really need to complete the collection,but my son has Autism and his therapy per year is around seven thousand dollars and increasing.So that comes first and foremost,I am hoping however to get my Book finished by june next year "publisher likes it enough to continue" this will enable me to buy more products and get more therapy as work is good and I get paid well although life is expensive ::)

Kof4w.jpg

AevYg.jpg

zAb3r.jpg

Doesn't it get a tad warm with your PC case on the desk? or is that the main heating source as well  :D

Spok, no worries mate :) I wasn't trying to say you're a 'bad' simmer because you don't have a TrackIR. It was merely an opportunity to have fun with your Star Trek tech enjoyment. I completely understand that many of us (myself included) do not have money to buy all the FSX goodies we would love to have. For sure , flight simming is an expensive, and time consuming, hobby. Family and real world priorities should always come first my friend. I have just been enjoying your light hearted take in some of your posts and wanted to join in. If I offended you in any way, I sincerely apologize as that was NEVER my intention. :)

Spok, no worries mate :) I wasn't trying to say you're a 'bad' simmer because you don't have a TrackIR. It was merely an opportunity to have fun with your Star Trek tech enjoyment. I completely understand that many of us (myself included) do not have money to buy all the FSX goodies we would love to have. For sure , flight simming is an expensive, and time consuming, hobby. Family and real world priorities should always come first my friend. I have just been enjoying your light hearted take in some of your posts and wanted to join in. If I offended you in any way, I sincerely apologize as that was NEVER my intention. :)

Sniper31 Mate,I was not assuming anything on your side ::) Star Trek enjoyment beam yourself up Buddy,I have a habit of being very explanatory,and no it does not get hot sitting next to my BABY,haha.Like most terrestrial beings with taste I would love to have all the goodies although I am a pure devotee with Orbx,I believe in quality with my purchase and with Aircraft,I look into them a lot before purchase,why?mmmm spend $30 on that aircraft or buy an Airport or Region by Orbx. Mate  I am a good judge of character being the son of a Psychiatrist and have a habit also of re reading everything,well that is only logical really.

Live long and Prosper  

Sniper31 Mate,I was not assuming anything on your side ::) Star Trek enjoyment beam yourself up Buddy,I have a habit of being very explanatory,and no it does not get hot sitting next to my BABY,haha.Like most terrestrial beings with taste I would love to have all the goodies although I am a pure devotee with Orbx,I believe in quality with my purchase and with Aircraft,I look into them a lot before purchase,why?mmmm spend $30 on that aircraft or buy an Airport or Region by Orbx. Mate  I am a good judge of character being the son of a Psychiatrist and have a habit also of re reading everything,well that is only logical really.

Live long and Prosper  

Good deal Spok, sounds good then. And as far as Orbx goes, since 2008 or 2009, the ONLY scenery I have purchased and used has been that of Orbx, so I am a full blown devotee as well. Great minds think alike, eh? ;)

I am lucky to have my own sim-room.  The system has been a build up of over 5 years FSXing and just about happy now:

Main set up:

LA2x.jpg

Main screen's views:

TZhUY.jpg

Second computer networked using Aviasoft EFB and internet Sky Vectors for plates:

P5IN3.jpg

Networked screen showing Electronic Flight Bag and Sky Vectors Dulles departure plate:

AltcH.jpg

To keep up with it all, I'm still wanting..  ::)

I am lucky to have my own sim-room.  The system has been a build up of over 5 years FSXing and just about happy now:

Main set up:

LA2x.jpg

Main screen's views:

TZhUY.jpg

Second computer networked using Aviasoft EFB and internet Sky Vectors for plates:

P5IN3.jpg

Networked screen showing Electronic Flight Bag and Sky Vectors Dulles departure plate:

AltcH.jpg

Very nice :)

I know I may be the odd ball out (so to speak) but are there many out there who

have done a cessna 208b gc like in my sig pic? ie home cockpit?

I know there are a few 152's & 172's but I do like to be different.!!

milo

Main set up:

LA2x.jpg

Main screen's views:

TZhUY.jpg

P5IN3.jpg

AltcH.jpg

How do you find the 21:9 aspect ratio for your main display?  I'm thinking of going with one myself in the future but am a bit concerned about the limited vertical FOV.  I do like the idea of the wide display without having to use two monitors though. Also how do you find the quality and functionality of the Saitek radio and autopilot panels?  I read a lot of good reviews on line, but  a lot of bad ones as well.  Many complain of poor build quality, durability and difficulty in dialing in the exact frequencies as the numbers tend to skip when turning the knobs. Can't always know how legit reviews are on amazon, etc. so any feedback would be great.  

Thanks.

How do you find the 21:9 aspect ratio for your main display?  I'm thinking of going with one myself in the future but am a bit concerned about the limited vertical FOV.  I do like the idea of the wide display without having to use two monitors though. Also how do you find the quality and functionality of the Saitek radio and autopilot panels?  I read a lot of good reviews on line, but  a lot of bad ones as well.  Many complain of poor build quality, durability and difficulty in dialing in the exact frequencies as the numbers tend to skip when turning the knobs. Can't always know how legit reviews are on amazon, etc. so any feedback would be great.  

Thanks.

I find the Saitek OK but they can be a bit fiddly at times.  The 29'' on the main is with a HP 24'' 1080x1200 so that maybe giving a false view of the 29''.  But the 29 is superb..

• 1 month later...

Kof4w.jpg

AevYg.jpg

zAb3r.jpg

Hi there Spok, I like your setup, but I love the photo on your desk. Congratulations, you must be a very proud dad. Is the photo resent, or is it an earlier one of your (I guess) son on the mouse pad?

Hi there Spok, I like your setup, but I love the photo on your desk. Congratulations, you must be a very proud dad. Is the photo resent, or is it an earlier one of your (I guess) son on the mouse pad?

Gday mate,yes that is my son in 2012,still waiting on my new mouse pad for 2013,a good thing done from his disabled school.My son is my life,oh and FSX P3D LOL,so I like to have the reminder with me always and he loves the 172,so cant complain.

AevYg.jpg

This may sound silly, but one of the best things here is the red "You are the best" hand-in-hand photo! :)

Main set up:

LA2x.jpg

Main screen's views:

P5IN3.jpg

I like very much the way you installed your TM joystick. How did you fix that support angle ?

Archived