This Week's Meaningless Topic (#44) (July 10)

Hi all. My wife and I just returned from a very nice breakfast at our favorite Denny's diner -- scrambled eggs with cheese, hash-brown potatoes, bacon and sausage, a pancake, and coffee. That opens the door for this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC: What's on the menu for your favorite breakfast?

• Like 3

Thick cut bacon, soft fried eggs sunny side up, fried tomato and onion with sambal olek - mop the remnants up with lightly fried bread - large tomato juice on the side - finished off by freshly ground and percolated PNG coffee and a nice cigar

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Poached eggs on toast and corned beef hash.  But eggs and bacon (not crispy, thank you), and waffles with sausage are a delight too.  Today I made ham and cheese omelets; the wife made the hash browns.  So many good things!

Ken

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

So "hair of the dog" is your favorite breakfast? B)

Maybe this will help you young people understand.........

Edited by W2DR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gumbypickett said:

I can beat all of the above.

2 cups of coffee.:P

cheers

Gumby

Great way to start, but lets not stop there.  Two cups of coffee before all of the above suggestions, to whet the appetite, and two cups after to help settle it all.

Ken

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Maybe this will help you young people understand.........

Those were the days. Alas, now, while the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak.  Sorry Rodge, I know this is not Paul's intent, but at our age, apropos.

Ken

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

today was pancakes & syrup, a yogurt & coffee, nice and strong with no sugar. on a work day just coffee then out the door with a cereal bar followed by coffee and cake(s) at about 1030 probably with crisps......

yesterday though was different as I came home at 11am to homemade sausage & egg muffin.......

I had a serious cardiac arrest last year, paramedics brought me back with CPR, the wife is still trying to get me to eat more fruit.....I know I should really.....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1