This Week's Meaningless Topic (#29) (March 27)

Hi all. The Covid19 restrictions have resulted in many of us spending much time in front of out televisions watching sports. That leads to this week's Meaningless Topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC: You are stuck on a desert island. You have a television that will receive only one channel. What sport do you want on that channel?

1. Soccer

2. Basketball

3. Baseball

4. Cricket

5. Boxing

6. Track and Field

7. Swimming

Since I never watch anything on television, anyway, let alone sports, I don't see why I'd change, even on a desert island.  Probably the most fun would be trying to figure out an electric source for said television, just to have something do.  

2 minutes ago, adambar said:

And a third channel, the Food Network. :D

In JRR Tolkien's Hobbit, recall how when Bilbo and the Dwarves were transiting Mirkwood, starving, Bombur fell into an enchanted sleep after being bitten by a spider, dreaming of a banquet.  When he was awaken he was still starving, but the memory of the dream banquet made it so much worse!  So, A food channel on a desert island?  Insult to injury!  No thanks!

27 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Ah man Rodger where is the girlie channel:unsure::wub::D?

In the same vein as my observation on the Food Channel, this to would likely only make it worse, emphasizing what we can't have.  Of course for we old Coot's, the spirit is willing, even if the flesh is weak.

I don't do sports.  I'd conjure up a new PC stuffed to the gunnels with every Orbx product imaginable

and use it as a big screen monitor. :)

Oh and since I'm in magic mode it would be solar powered along with a free 5 GB/sec dedicated satellite connection for internet.

Just cause you're wasting time doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself:rolleyes:

Cheers

Pete

1 minute ago, renault said:

I don't do sports.  I'd conjure up a new PC stuffed to the gunnels with every Orbx product imaginable

and use it as a big screen monitor. :)

Oh and since I'm in magic mode it would be solar powered along with a free 5 GB/sec dedicated satellite connection for internet.

Just cause you're wasting time doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself:rolleyes:

Cheers

Pete

Once that's done, get in the plane, check the (virtual) fuel, start the engine, and fly home.  Problem solved!

1 hour ago, gumbypickett said:

Where do these guys park their bicycles. 

No helmets and football down here. hehe.

cheers

Gumby

In the first place it's hard for a 6'5" or more 300+lb beast to fit on a girly bike, they drive trucks around here. :D  Rugby player from the UK tried a couple years ago and couldn't cut it. :lol:  Also, I wouldn't recommend not wearing a helmet in the NFL, never make it off the field with your head attached. :lol:

46 minutes ago, adambar said:

In the first place it's hard for a 6'5" or more 300+lb beast to fit on a girly bike, they drive trucks around here. :D  Rugby player from the UK tried a couple years ago and couldn't cut it. :lol:  Also, I wouldn't recommend not wearing a helmet in the NFL, never make it off the field with your head attached. :lol:

Good come back Adam.:)

But I'm surprised they can fit into a helmet.:ph34r::lol:

Next weeks topic, Religion and Politics.:huh:

Have a good one.

cheers

Gumby

55 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

Good come back Adam.:)

But I'm surprised they can fit into a helmet.:ph34r::lol:

Next weeks topic, Religion and Politics.:huh:

Have a good one.

cheers

Gumby

How about basket weaving and yoga. :huh::D

Never watched much soccer, but I like Rugby. Here is a picture of one of the local Pittsburgh, Pa Forge Club Rugby teams.

4npbQvN.jpg

20 minutes ago, adambar said:

How about basket weaving and yoga. :huh::D

Never watched much soccer, but I like Rugby. Here is a picture of one of the local Pittsburgh, Pa Forge Club Rugby teams.

4npbQvN.jpg

I don't like soccer, the only entertainment is throwing of chairs.

Football for me, is Aussie Rules but even that has gone downhill, 

to many rule changes over the last few decades, it spoils the game.

Looking like basket weaving.:D

Cheers

Gumby

2 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

I don't like soccer, the only entertainment is throwing of chairs.

Football for me, is Aussie Rules but even that has gone downhill, 

to many rule changes over the last few decades, it spoils the game.

Looking like basket weaving.:D

Cheers

Gumby

Same with the NFL, nothing like it was played in the 70s with all the rule changes. Players today would never make the grade.

Like Jack Lambert my favorite player from the Pittsburgh Steelers 70s team. One hard hitting nasty player. :D

L3dB5f8.jpg

9 minutes ago, adambar said:

Same with the NFL, nothing like it was played in the 70s with all the rule changes. Players today would never make the grade.

Like Jack Lambert my favorite player from the Pittsburgh Steelers 70s team. One hard hitting nasty player. :D

L3dB5f8.jpg

Crikey Id'e run the other way.:o

cheers

Gumby

Archived