This Week's Meaningless Topic (#20) (Jan 23)

It was painting in oils but when we moved to this flat it stunk the place out, so I started writing and that was a very satisfactory occupation resulting in seven novels, mostly published on Amazon.  Then having been left with nothing else to write about I started flying and got a really powerful computer and all the gear to do it with.  I stopped that some time ago, gave all the gear away and now, when I'm not annoying you lot, I sit and read Westerns mainly but also, soppy fool that I am, the occasional Romance.  So now, the most satisfaction I get is from my first love from when I was 3-1/2 years old with Micky Mouse stories ....reading. 

6 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Out of curiosity--how many times have you had military police come check on you?

Most of the trips are organised and the organisation I travel with know what they do.

The only checks I've had are in Japan but that goes in a super friendly way. They are just curious who we are and what our plans are for the coming days.

And yes, we see a lot of the world too, especially on longer trips where there is time to visit non-aviation related places.

I have a couple of skills that I am REALLY “good” at. One,  my role in my business (optometry) and the other is my tuna noodle stir fry. My business parter is of Vietnamese origin and let me tell you he and his wife are culinary snobs. This meal takes me about 25min to dish up. It is my own concoction that came from my own creative foodie mind. Well, my Vietnamese culinarily mates think it’s the bees knees and it has now gone to legendary status. I’m honoured that these foodie snobs love (I’m sure they do) my tuna noodles. So Roger.......this is very satisfying 
Cheers

Chef Graeme :)

10 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Most of the trips are organised and the organisation I travel with know what they do.

The only checks I've had are in Japan but that goes in a super friendly way. They are just curious who we are and what our plans are for the coming days.

And yes, we see a lot of the world too, especially on longer trips where there is time to visit non-aviation related places.

So who organizes? Is this a private organization/club or a commercial tour? Very interesting.

30 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

So who organizes? Is this a private organization/club or a commercial tour? Very interesting.

It's 4Aviation in The Netherlands. A bunch of guys who are hobbyists themselves and perfectly know what we want and then organize perfect trips.

They are however a commercial tour operator but grown in that rol as aviation enthousiasts.

Archived