Stormy Seas - P3DV5

adambar

6 hours ago, Rodneyprice said:

Nice , How do you get the whole thing not to look over coloured ? i installed V5 today ,  how over the top everything looked way to coloured , very unnatural.

I even lowered all my NVidia control panel colour settings to try and fix.

I never touch my NVidia control panel only use default settings, I only adjust the settings in the sim.:)

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shots again Adam, but the water, is it animated like in 4.5?  It looks almost frozen, like it's a photo.

It is a picture Jack. :D  Oh it's animated all right, if I would land and set the water to ultra and kick up the wind speed, only half right now, the waves would top the 172 and the C-130. :D

5 hours ago, boetie said:

Thanks for sharing these Adam. Great captures of the waves.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme. :)

4 hours ago, schtroumf said:

:oAwesome

Thank you Olivier. :)

3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

First shot looks very convincing!

You really have to see it it's jaw dropping Ben. :D

1 hour ago, Dario said:

Amazing shots, Adam! Looking forward to upgrade too, just waiting for everything to be compatible. 

Thank you Dario. :)

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Sea foam , who would have thunk it ; amazing shots Adam . ;):D:)

And that ain't all, how about 20ft swells give or take. :D

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Outstanding shots Adam!!!!!!!!

Thank you John. :)

@adambar does this water only get visible when using "ultra" setting? I did put mine on "high" and the water inside my v5 looks just exactly how it did on v4.5.

Sadly, having it on "ultra" results again in a lot of side effects like badly blending addon coast lines, terrain reflections being fully out of position etc. The same old sh* that already let me reduce the setting to "high" in v4.5. Sorry to say, but obviously LM just added eye candy without finally trying to resolve the issues present for three generations of P3D (as today...). This makes me a little bit angry, obviously ;-)

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots Adam, where is that? And is it TrueEarth?

Thanks Gerold. These shots were taken at Monterey Bay using NA Nothern California not TE. :)

14 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Impressive set Adam.

1st shot Half-Moon Bay??

What are your initial reactions to v5 & which layers of Orbx scenery have you installed for these shots?

Are Orbx HD Trees in there too?

TTM

All shots were taken at Monterey Bay, Cal.

V5 is much better and smoother than V4.5. I have all settings full right any my system doesn't skip a beat. 

NA Nothern California

Monterey Bay

Trees

Global HD Buildings

NA Pacific Northwest

Thank you T. :)

13 hours ago, jean marc said:

wow that 's a strange sea foam for me :huh: I've never seen a such sea aspect even in storm ?? like  to much soap in my bath or some snow ?? Is it a natural aspect for you :blink: ?? :)

How it projects depends on the angle of the dangle if you will. :D  You really have to see it, the screenshots don't do it justice. As in real life the closer you get the larger the swells are depending on the wind speed setting. It really is amazing. And yes, I've been to a lot of places where there was a lot of sea foam depending on the depth of the water.

Thank you Jean Marc. :)

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

@adambar does this water only get visible when using "ultra" setting? I did put mine on "high" and the water inside my v5 looks just exactly how it did on v4.5.

Sadly, having it on "ultra" results again in a lot of side effects like badly blending addon coast lines, terrain reflections being fully out of position etc. The same old sh* that already let me reduce the setting to "high" in v4.5. Sorry to say, but obviously LM just added eye candy without finally trying to resolve the issues present for three generations of P3D (as today...). This makes me a little bit angry, obviously ;-)

It all depends on the wind speed settings, the higher the wind the larger the swells and white caps are as in real life.

I'm not having any strange effects in the ultra setting myself, everything is running as smooth as silk. :)

Happier than a pig in you know what. :D

Thanks for your feedback.

Interesting to read on another forum where v5 has been getting a pummeling that some +ve reviews are coming in, based on loading it with Orbx - seems to maker a big difference.

TTM

PS - if you like the Cessna float planes there is one available free at the moment on the 'S' daily Zero Cost gift site. 

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful images Adam, stormy water and all.

Thank you Martyn, nice to have you back again my friend!. :)

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks for your feedback.

Interesting to read on another forum where v5 has been getting a pummeling that some +ve reviews are coming in, based on loading it with Orbx - seems to maker a big difference.

TTM

PS - if you like the Cessna float planes there is one available free at the moment on the 'S' daily Zero Cost gift site. 

Anytime T. :)  Thanks for the tip I'll check it out. :)

The forum wouldn't happen to start with an A now would it. :rolleyes::D

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Wow. That is really impressive!

Much better than 4.5.

Archived