Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

21 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport?

I think that's s good guess, because the name of the vessel indicates Toronto.

• Like 1

Yes - well done it is indeed Toronto Billy Bishop airport.

Congrats to 'boetie' who actually PM me the correct answer last night.

You guys are too good, I actually didn't upload a photo of the airport and you still got it 😀

Perhaps in future, we should try guess an airport by photos of its local surrounding's ? 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

A fun part of this thread is that I now have installed CYTZ to have a look around this area.  May not have done this except for this forum.....thanks guys!

I have a couple pics from a trip to Hawaii that our partner Adventum Tours have covered an airport.  Does this meet the criteria to post?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, paulk said:

Interesting answer but sadly no.

PS which Lonsdale are you referring to out of interest.

Opposite to Vancouver City, the other(northern) city-part of Nth Vancouver at the other side of the river.

5 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Opposite to Vancouver City, the other(northern) city-part of Nth Vancouver at the other side of the river.

Yes Lonsdale Quay, I am familiar with North Vancouver. It’s a great water bus trip across from one side of Vancouver to the other, especially if a Harbour Air Float plane passes near by.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, boetie said:

Yes Paul. Well done mate. Off to bed. Good night, too easy for you global  travellers. 

Cheers 

Graeme

Sorry I am off to a sports training weekend, so I couldn’t check it. But one fine day I am back, and with the suggestion to widen the surrounding of the airport we will have plenty to do here. 
I would say the photos should still be in the range of the respective scenery pack. Think of all the details Jarrad or Ken had put in!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boetie said:

Yes Paul. Well done mate. Off to bed. Good night, too easy for you global  travellers. 

Cheers 

Graeme

Land of the Long White Cloud

Your second photo was of assistance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, paulk said:

Happy for you to jump in.

Not a clue, but I know Orbx released Sydney Seaplanes base recently so I will take a guess at that.

Yeah, looks like the pelican sculptures at Rose Bay.

• Upvote 1

On 4/19/2024 at 9:48 PM, paulk said:

Happy for you to jump in.

Not a clue, but I know Orbx released Sydney Seaplanes base recently so I will take a guess at that.

You got it Paul. "Not a clue" looks like a slight underestimation...

BTW: The photos were taken many years before the scenery was released. We have to grab our cameras whereever we travel, the scenery developers follow!

yQdoerE.jpeg

On 4/20/2024 at 10:29 AM, wolfko said:

Yeah, looks like the pelican sculptures at Rose Bay.

You know the world, Wolfgang...

22 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

BTW: The photos were taken many years before the scenery was released. We have to grab our cameras whereever we travel, the scenery developers follow!

yQdoerE.jpeg

Honestly, never seen or heard of it until Orbx released it last week, so it was a wild guess for me.

Will try upload something soon, anyone else feel free to jump in. 

PS I have the Sydney Cityscape and Sydney airport add-on, would like this also but worry my old PC may be slowed down by another Sydney add on. Anyone tried it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

I was going to submit a shot of McMurdo at night in a blizzard, but realized it would be too easy for this bunch. Oh well.

I don’t think Antarctica would have been an obvious one.

You got anything else?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 3:46 PM, Stillwater said:

yQdoerE.jpeg

Hello to all, I visited this site, modelled for MSFS by Pyramid8Studios, see my posting on the Screenshots-forum. It's a pitty that the Pelican-scuptures are not within the modelled items.

Edited by ikbenik
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ikbenik said:

It's a pitty that the Pelican-scuptures are not within the modelled items.

I totally agree, ik. At least that gave me the chance to make the quest more difficult!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Very Easy since I live about 4 miles west of Runway 29 ( the diagonal one in the picture). The Parallel runway (17R-35L)  just below the terminal is now being refurbished and is under construction for the next 2 years so we are getting more traffic where I live as they use the diagonal runway when one of the 2 parallel runways is out of service. The runway at the top is the longest in Canada at 14000 ft.

Larry

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1