TrueEarth GB South - SP1 - new POIs

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a current list of POI's for the South SP1 and would it be possible should this list be known, to still request any missing landmarks not included in SP1?

Regarding Central, may I request the Blackpool Pleasure Beach be included in any future SPs?

Thanks

9 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

Is there a current list of POI's for the South SP1 and would it be possible should this list be known, to still request any missing landmarks not included in SP1?

Regarding Central, may I request the Blackpool Pleasure Beach be included in any future SPs?

Thanks

That would be great but I think OrbX could do things like theme parks of Britain in another scenery as payware so long as it was of high quality and had a few animations like a turning big wheel or moving roller coaster ride for example. Just depends how many people would purchase it I guess.

I would also pay for rail add on scenery pack which added major stations (I know some are in TE series) sunk the railways to give them embankments which I think would really accentuate the scenery and bring it to life and if possible with generic local stations and platforms. Not sure if that data exists for autogen though.

Hi there - this is an observation and not a complaint. I couldn't find a reference to this particular item, so I'm mentioning it here. Great scenery with the new Great Britain South and Central and now just waiting for the North UK version.

Just to let you know that Salisbury Cathedral is missing, Will we be seeing that added in any future fix?

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, orbmoke said:

Ah, slight correction to my previous message - there IS a reference regarding missing cathedrals, but that was talked about a couple of months ago, so was just wondering if there is any sort of timetable for these corrections to be available?

As soon as SP1 comes. Biggest Cathedrals are inside

Just bought TE South and i'm amazed with so much detail, with smoth performance on my end, so hands down for all orbx team who made it possible!

Now I would guys advise me a good EGLC London City scenery (free or payware), that blends with TE south, while Orbx doesn't release EGLC for XP?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

We will be developing EGLC for XP in 2019, stay tuned.

John I'm thinking of buying a few of the major Airports in the UK (mostly for Xplane but also for P3d) places like Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle and Edinburgh would I be wasting my money? I've got a feeling that better ORBX versions could be appearing soon?

17 hours ago, John Venema said:

By the time SP1 comes we hope to have Orbx Central for MacOS released which will manage the update for you.

So when is that time John,  as we are waiting for some time now?...no pressure, just ball park rough estimate please if you don't mind.

48 minutes ago, John Venema said:

February/March. We are working on North right now, and also adding POIs to South and Central concurrently.

Could we have a unified kml file for GB POI please? I have some suggestions but dont want to duplicate anything and I could only find a download for North POI..

thanks k

Zl 18 around London, best christmas present ever. Just bough all TE GB south airports, this is the best experience I ever had in flightsim. Great work Orbx, I willl buy all your uk stuff. Was worried about zoomlevel at first, but things look superb around 1000 feet, and with detailed payware airports with higher zoomlevel during aproach it cant get any better.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether it's too late to add my thoughts to this thread. Folk have been generous in uploading images of the Bristol area (my home town and the second city of southern England after London). What I didn't see was which (if any) buildings or landmarks are represented individually as objects. I'd like to add my dream list of objects, accepting that not all will be possible. But for a city the size of Bristol to have no bespoke objects when places like Newcastle have numerous seems a bit unbalanced (but then I would say that!).

Anyway Bristol has many beautiful and important buildings that grace it's skyline. In order of importance I would suggest and request:

1. Cabot Tower. A monument to John Cabot, who left Bristol docks in 1497 in the Matthew (the replica is here in Bristol) and discovered mainland North America. Well, discovered it for the Europeans. There were plenty of native Americans who felt they had already discovered it, given that they lived there at the time. Still...

2. The Wills Memorial Building. Bristol University's flagship, and built by the Will's brothers who made lots of money in the tobacco trade and donated the money to build this, probably to clean up their image a bit and burnish their credentials for posterity.

3. Bristol Royal Infirmary chimney. What I can I say? It incinerates hospital waste. BUT, it a crucial VFR landmark, especially lit with four red lights at the top during the hours of darkness.

4. St Mary Redcliffe church. At least 900 years old and one of the largest parish churches in the country (it's bigger than many cathedrals) it has an 89 metre high spire (292 feet), the third highest in the country, and the highest building in Bristol. Admittedly it'll take a lot longer to draw and insert this POI then the BRI chimney!

5. Purdown Mast. This one is functional, rather than a thing of beauty. But it's a 70m VFR landmark that Bristolians all know well. I even have a T shirt with it printed on.

6. SS Great Britain. Setting sail in 1845 from Bristol docks, the world's first iron-hulled ship with a screw propeller, this was Brunel's masterpiece. Her 6000 ton hulk was recovered from a sand bar in the Falklands in 1970, and she has been comprehensively restored to her former glory in the dry dock she was built.

I could go on , and add the council buildings which are a graceful arc, and Bristol Cathedral which lies adjacent. But at the moment I am using Westminster abbey and The Royal Crescent in Bath in a BGL file which sits above ORBX scenery, and this works really well. Hope this isn't naughty?

Anyway, thanks to anyone who is still reading. I love ORBX stuff and am waiting anxiously for the P3D TE range. Just hope some of these suggestions make the final cut!

Cheers.

Cabot Tower.jpg

Wills Memorial Building.jpg

BRI Chimney.jpg

Purdown Mast.jpg

Bristol_MMB_43_SS_Great_Britain.jpg

St_Mary_Redcliffe_church.jpg

8 hours ago, Pod said:

I don't know whether it's too late to add my thoughts to this thread. Folk have been generous in uploading images of the Bristol area (my home town and the second city of southern England after London). What I didn't see was which (if any) buildings or landmarks are represented individually as objects. I'd like to add my dream list of objects, accepting that not all will be possible. But for a city the size of Bristol to have no bespoke objects when places like Newcastle have numerous seems a bit unbalanced (but then I would say that!).

Anyway Bristol has many beautiful and important buildings that grace it's skyline. In order of importance I would suggest and request:

1. Cabot Tower. A monument to John Cabot, who left Bristol docks in 1497 in the Matthew (the replica is here in Bristol) and discovered mainland North America. Well, discovered it for the Europeans. There were plenty of native Americans who felt they had already discovered it, given that they lived there at the time. Still...

2. The Wills Memorial Building. Bristol University's flagship, and built by the Will's brothers who made lots of money in the tobacco trade and donated the money to build this, probably to clean up their image a bit and burnish their credentials for posterity.

3. Bristol Royal Infirmary chimney. What I can I say? It incinerates hospital waste. BUT, it a crucial VFR landmark, especially lit with four red lights at the top during the hours of darkness.

4. St Mary Redcliffe church. At least 900 years old and one of the largest parish churches in the country (it's bigger than many cathedrals) it has an 89 metre high spire (292 feet), the third highest in the country, and the highest building in Bristol. Admittedly it'll take a lot longer to draw and insert this POI then the BRI chimney!

5. Purdown Mast. This one is functional, rather than a thing of beauty. But it's a 70m VFR landmark that Bristolians all know well. I even have a T shirt with it printed on.

6. SS Great Britain. Setting sail in 1845 from Bristol docks, the world's first iron-hulled ship with a screw propeller, this was Brunel's masterpiece. Her 6000 ton hulk was recovered from a sand bar in the Falklands in 1970, and she has been comprehensively restored to her former glory in the dry dock she was built.

I could go on , and add the council buildings which are a graceful arc, and Bristol Cathedral which lies adjacent. But at the moment I am using Westminster abbey and The Royal Crescent in Bath in a BGL file which sits above ORBX scenery, and this works really well. Hope this isn't naughty?

Anyway, thanks to anyone who is still reading. I love ORBX stuff and am waiting anxiously for the P3D TE range. Just hope some of these suggestions make the final cut!

Cheers.

Cabot Tower.jpg

Wills Memorial Building.jpg

BRI Chimney.jpg

Purdown Mast.jpg

Bristol_MMB_43_SS_Great_Britain.jpg

St_Mary_Redcliffe_church.jpg

Hi Pod,

Some of these look like good inclusions, although they may be a bit late for the first service pack.

However, please could you add your post - and any others you're interested in seeing to this thread here: 

Adding KMZ files (pins from Google Earth Pro) would be very useful as well!

Thanks,

Byron

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Orbx, not sure if GB True Earth South SP1 has been locked now but Youtuber flightsim481 found Wolf Rock lighthouse but with a helipad at sea level. This could be a truely speical place for rotary wing pilots to practice landings. Clearly it would take a bit of work to get the building in and landable but it would be a fantastic addition to the scenery.

wolf-rock-ligjthouse.jpg

On 1/30/2019 at 2:45 PM, dtrjones said:

Hi Orbx, not sure if GB True Earth South SP1 has been locked now but Youtuber flightsim481 found Wolf Rock lighthouse but with a helipad at sea level. This could be a truely speical place for rotary wing pilots to practice landings. Clearly it would take a bit of work to get the building in and landable but it would be a fantastic addition to the scenery.

wolf-rock-ligjthouse.jpg

This has already been reported as a bug.

Cheers

Archived