TrueEarth GB South - SP1 - new POIs

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2019 at 5:20 AM, Badl4ndz said:

Please put any future POI requests in the POI forum, I'm more likely to see them there.

The pier and the stadiums are slated for the next service pack. I've added the additional Birmingham landmarks (my university town) to the lists, but may not make next service pack.

Cheers,

Byron

1 hour ago, Byron Farrow said:

The Service Pack for TEGB South hasn't been released yet. Salisbury Cathedral should be there when it is :)

Cheers,

Byron

Oops - sorry Byron - getting mixed up there between Laminar Research and OrbX. Yes, of course, it should be within an OrbX update and not an X-Plane 11 update.

How about service stations for service packs?

Not landmarks for sure but motorway services are pretty generic and could be repeated to build up the scenery across Britain much like supermarket chains have.

Also I mentioned this before but 3D car-parks would be great if they can be done without any kind of real hit on performance and one fo the few blights of the Ortho is flat 2D cars on the roads even when transparent roads are not selected so I guess Xplane isn't auto generating these roads from the nav data?

I'm guessing manually painting them out would take years and a broken back so any fix would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only just purchased TE South, OMG wow! I am based near Portsmouth and in the Navy so i know the area very well. I have a few suggestions please.

In the dockyard there is the car park which is used as a helipad for VIP visit's at Princess Royal Jetty. Also you have added so many frigates destroyers etc and even QE class carrier but none of which are hard deck

Portsmouth's QA hospital helipad needs to be added as does isle of wight hospital and Southampton hospital helipads.

Isle of wight helipad.PNG

portsmouth dockyard.PNG

portsmouth QA Hospital.PNG

southampton hospital helipad.PNG

I live in the Portsmouth area too, and we have a lot more goodies coming in SP1 due in a few weeks, including:

• Old Portmouth pubs
  • the BAR sailing HQ
  • IOW Ferry terminal
  • the Qintex frigate radar testing station on top of Portsdown Hill
  • all the forts on the Solent
  • more historic buildings at Southsea (WWII museum, Pyramids, bandstand, etc)
  • more details at Southampton docks
  • more ships on the Solent and the Navy dockyards including the QE and frigates
  • Mary Rose museam
  • Langstone Technology Park in Havant (where the Orbx UK development centre is)
  • Arundel Castle near Chichester
  • and a bunch more stuff!

Of course, we have much much more for TEGB South including every stadium over 7,000 seats, hundreds more castles, missing bridges, more correctly modelled lighthouses, new Oxford town centre, London upgrades (the list is too long to recite here).

Your suggestions for those POIs above are great, but they need to be added to this topic: 

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

I live in the Portsmouth area too, and we have a lot more goodies coming in SP1 due in a few weeks, including:

• Old Portmouth pubs
  • the BAR sailing HQ
  • IOW Ferry terminal
  • Mary Rose museam

Of course, we have much much more for TEGB South including every stadium over 7,000 seats, hundreds more castles, missing bridges, more correctly modelled lighthouses, new Oxford town centre, London upgrades (the list is too long to recite here).

Your suggestions for those POIs above are great, but they need to be added to this topic: 

Could you make the ships AI please John? Static ships and wakes just dont look right to me, especially when they are near Henriks AI ships... :(

On 2/16/2019 at 5:23 PM, John Venema said:

• Old Portmouth pubs
  • the BAR sailing HQ
  • IOW Ferry terminal
  • Mary Rose museam

Many thanks for the information, I didn't realise you  guys were so close. Is there going to be any more changes to Solent Airport aka Lee on Solent? As you know it's changed dramatically over the last few years there's loads more hangers and businesses there now and a viewing area and cafe. 

On 2/16/2019 at 5:23 PM, John Venema said:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 10:17 PM, rmparry77 said:

Many thanks for the information, I didn't realise you  guys were so close. Is there going to be any more changes to Solent Airport aka Lee on Solent? As you know it's changed dramatically over the last few years there's loads more hangers and businesses there now and a viewing area and cafe. 

No plans to upgrade airports, they are all gateway airports. If we do anything for Lee on Solent it will be a stand-alone payware airport upgrade, which I am keen to do. However we want to give the folks further north some more loving first ...

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, John Venema said:

Yes very soon. We have some cool new features we are adding to all three GB regions and we felt it was worth the extra development time.

...tick-tock...tick-tock...how soon is very soon? ;-)

5K+ , preorder. My CC was charged on December 30th but it only arrived yesterday after two weeks of frustrated emails including showing my bank statement with the deduction on it.

Now off to find a setup guide on the net somewhere.

Yes, they seem to have customer support issues as reading at the forum.  I ordered 5 Jan, no news so far.  If you have snowy pixel effects apparently it`s the cable at fault.  They quite quick though to offer replacement.  Hope all goes well,  let us know how it feels. 

I gather your SP1 on GB South + Pimax should rock !:D

On 3/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, John Venema said:

Within a week

It is my understanding that this topic generally applies to both the XP and P3D platforms since it is the only collection point for POI requests for TE GB.  Per this topic, there are clearly a lot of additional things coming in SP1 and that sounds great!   Are you saying that TE GB South SP1 will be out for XP and P3Dv4  both next week?  If you just mean that SP1 for X-Plane is coming within a week, then is their a timeline plan yet for SP1 for P3Dv4?  Just trying to clarify what you are saying.

Thanks,

Rod

On 3/5/2019 at 7:00 PM, John Venema said:

5K+ , preorder. My CC was charged on December 30th but it only arrived yesterday after two weeks of frustrated emails including showing my bank statement with the deduction on it.

Now off to find a setup guide on the net somewhere.

That was quick, I ordered mine on 3rd January 2019, pre-order and my CC was charged immediately. I've had no communication from Pimax at all since then other than to confirm the order and my address. There's hope yet that it'll arrive before 2020 then!

10 hours ago, Aeroflux said:

Yes...How is it John ? :-)

Nightmare.

Wasted 3 hours trying to get it working but the HMD is just not detected. Some of the connectivity ‘solutions’ on the net from users are just ridiculous. It’s back in its box.

Why can’t these headset manufacturers learn from Samsung and Windows Mixed Reality? The Odyssey Plus setup goes like this:

1. Plug in the USB and HDMI cable

2. Windows 10 detects it, and automatically installs the drivers and software in about 45 seconds

3. Put headset on, use it.

Samsung Odyssey Plus is now ordered, found one on eBay from a seller in Switzerland, should be here in a week.

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Nightmare.

Wasted 3 hours trying to get it working but the HMD is just not detected. Some of the connectivity ‘solutions’ on the net from users are just ridiculous. It’s back in its box.

Why can’t these headset manufacturers learn from Samsung and Windows Mixed Reality? The Odyssey Plus setup goes like this:

2. Windows 10 detects it, and automatically installs the drivers and software in about 45 seconds

Samsung Odyssey Plus is now ordered, found one on eBay from a seller in Switzerland, should be here in a week.

That sounds rough. 

Was the HMD getting power?

Also wondering if it could be the cable or connection rather than a dead HMD?

I have heard people say they had to force home the cable because it can seem like it is connected but sometimes needs an extra firm push.

Maybe a firmware update?

You have probably tried most things twice over already though :DeadHorse:

How frustrating for you.

10 hours ago, John Venema said:

Nightmare.

Sorry to hear that John.  If you missed that... which I doubt, make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers ( if you have of course an NV card )….there is a special note that with the latest Pitool version the headset will be not recognised otherwise.

Archived