TrueEarth GB South - SP1 - new POIs

As we work hard on getting TrueEarth GB Central to beta, we are concurrently working on the first service pack (SP1) for TE GB South.

As has always been the case with Orbx regions, we continually update them to fix bugs and add new and improved content. For TE GB South here's a list of things to come (and Richard BUI has already posted a preview topic of some of what he's been working on):

• Hundreds of new castles in England and Wales
  • More unique models in London and other cities
  • Many upgrades to ports like Dover, Southampton and Portsmouth to add ships, cranes, containers, forts and other detail
  • A new ZL18  ortho imagery for central London spanning from Hyde Park to EGLC London City Airport. This will make the capital really look amazing especially doing those Thames runs down low, and approaches to EGLC.
  • Improved ZL18 ortho for Portsmouth
  • Possible new Dover cliffs and detail
  • Many more 3D models along the coast to improve the look of coastal towns
  • More variety of light houses and correct placements
  • Many more POI models of important structures, including bridges

Here is a quick sample of some of the castles and cathedrals going into SP1. Remember, this is just a few out of the hundreds being added:

Raby Castle

Raby Castle.jpg

Hartlebury Castle

Hartlebury Castle.jpg

Halton Castle

Halton Castle.jpg

Blackburn Cathedral

BlackBurn_Cathedral.jpg

Beverley Minster

Beverley Minster.jpg

Barnard Castle

Barnard Castle.jpg

Barnwell CastleBanwell Castle.jpg

The good news? All Orbx service packs are free, and automatically delivered to you via FTX Central. Just look for the announcement and you'll see the little red icon next to the region's thumbnail to install the SP.

Here's a sneak peek at London in SP1:

London_Skyline.jpg

Rest assured that your initial license fee for TE GB South is used to spend further R&D into the region over many years. With this cycle of continual improvement you're investing in a region that will get much more detailed over time.

As a sneak preview of TE GB Central, here's the view of Liverpool from Bidston Hill, comparing a real-life photo to TrueEarth.

lpool.jpg

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are working on the Mac/Linux port of FTX Central as we speak. We have added two new IT staff to assist with this and other coding tasks. We hope to have a public beta of FTXC available in the next 90 days or so. In the meantime any service packs will be manual ZIP downloads from your OrbxDirect account with instructions on how to install.

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

We are working on the Mac/Linux port of FTX Central as we speak. We have added two new IT staff to assist with this and other coding tasks. We hope to have a public beta of FTXC available in the next 90 days or so. In the meantime any service packs will be manual ZIP downloads from your OrbxDirect account with instructions on how to install.

That’s great to hear, thank you. FWIW I was on the cusp of giving up with XP11 on a Mac due to the scenery quality as I only fly GA VFR.

Then your True Earth came along and saved me a ton of money getting a Windows machine...

ps: happy to help test the public beta of FTXC, I can break anything..

Amazing detail in that shot of Liverpool Bay from Bidston Hill!! Litrally a stones throw away from me so I can vouch for the accuracy. Truly stunning this True Earth series. In fact I’m struggling to fly anywhere else in the X Plane world due to lack of detail! Really looking forward to the Central release and fantastic aftersales support as always with these service pack updates. :) 

On 11/6/2018 at 8:32 PM, TigerTigerM said:

Any indication of when TrueEarth GB South P3D will come on the market?

TTM

23 hours ago, John Venema said:

Before the end of the year.

And AFS2...?

From the video's I've seen it seems GB is quite a step up from TE Netherlands when it comes to the 3D buildings: GB seems to have a lot more diverse colors (roofs, walls, buildings) and terrace houses (which are sorely missing from the Netherlands!). I see a lot of colors in cities and villages in the video's I've seen while in the Netherlands a lot buildings share the same colors as if entire cities are build from the same bricks. But maybe this also is a difference between AFS2 and XP... I'd really like to see GB in AFS2! Also because the Netherlands is a smal and flat country. ;) (Hopefully those terrace houses will find their way in TE Netherlands too some time!)

Hey Mutley, I can vouch for the Portsmouth area. It sure does have the Spinnaker Tower, also the Mary Rose and war ships. The top of Portsdown hill with the research centre needs some work. But Southsea sea front amusements are well represented. Its a short hop from Southampton airport and Goodwood and  also Shoreham. Chichester has the green roof cathedral. 

If you haven't already brought TE GB South I would say do not hesitate for our area and the Southampton airport is a good buy too.

Stu

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes we have re-done a lot of the .LIT files to make building stand out more at night, and this work is ongoing now. This includes more street lights, better lighting on houses etc.

Looking forward to SP1 

Hi John and team at ORBX. 

Absolutely loving the new True Earth GB south.  I am based in Devon so i know the Devon and Cornwall area very well from land, sea and in the air and what you guys have done is great.  I flew around it for about 2 hours last night  landing at all the airports and checking out places I know.

I noticed a strange glitch when coming into land at Newquay from the sea, the water masking and sea seemed to climb up the cliff almost to the level of the airport.  Whether its something weird in XPlane with exclusions, flattening or something but the mesh and masking didn't look right.  I am only using the stock airport there from the Global airports pack so its not any add ons. If its me, then please can somebody let me know if I have done something wrong in my set up but everything else looked great.  Please Please, from a Cornishman, can I beg for the inclusion in the POIs of the Tamar and Albert Bridges at Plymouth, Truro Cathedral as its so prominent if you fly up the river. A proper St Anthony Lighthouse, the real one is all white not striped. The Gribben head Daymark at Fowey,  useful for VFR around here and the totally awesome Eden Project in the claypits at St Austell.   St Mawes and Pendennis castles guarding the harbour at Falmouth. For the Bristol guys, if no one has asked for the Clifton Suspension bridge yet that would a great inclusion. (if its already there I have missed it!!  London looks amazing but most people seem to think the civilised world in the UK ends at Bristol and even Exeter is wild country!! :-) :-)  Please show us a bit of love and add a few for us Cornish boys.

Fantastic work and its going to be amazing as the Service Packs build on the base package.

Thanks from a very happy VFR low and slow GA guy.

Cheers all

Jeff H

47 minutes ago, Jeffh1 said:

I noticed a strange glitch when coming into land at Newquay from the sea, the water masking and sea seemed to climb up the cliff almost to the level of the airport.  Whether its something weird in XPlane with exclusions, flattening or something but the mesh and masking didn't look right.

This is actually a bug/quirk in the way X-Plane flattens airports. Newquay airport has flattening enabled in the default scenery and it causes a cliff of water. It also happens in the default scenery and Ortho4XP as well. The only way to fix this generally is to fix Newquay airport and remove the flattening and hope it's not too bumpy. It's not something we can fix inside TrueEarth itself, but rather in the default scenery/airport

Hi Tony,  Thank you so much for the reply, that explains a lot. perhaps something LR can take up.  Not sure there would be a problem with it following the contours though as it does so in real life and its one of the longest runways in the UK which is why it was going to be used as a "spaceport"  I kid you not!!  Whats the best way to address this as it was truly the only thing I spotted that I could fault on TEGBS in my area and it seems its not even really a TEGBS fault??  Really appreciate the help and response.

Jeff

1 hour ago, Aeroflux said:

ya man....I 7700 oc @5.1 GHz and a 2080ti

wow how did you get it to 5.1! what are you running the volts at? on all cores? custom water cool loop to the processor and graphics card?

i7 7700 kaby lake 4.2ghz?

best I can get stable 4.7ghz 1.3v

4.8ghz seems to run the chip too hot for my liking and I have a corsar water cooling fan system to the processor (forget the proper name for it now)

5 hours ago, Jeffh1 said:

Hi John and team at ORBX. 

Absolutely loving the new True Earth GB south.  I am based in Devon so i know the Devon and Cornwall area very well from land, sea and in the air and what you guys have done is great.  I flew around it for about 2 hours last night  landing at all the airports and checking out places I know.

I noticed a strange glitch when coming into land at Newquay from the sea, the water masking and sea seemed to climb up the cliff almost to the level of the airport.  Whether its something weird in XPlane with exclusions, flattening or something but the mesh and masking didn't look right.  I am only using the stock airport there from the Global airports pack so its not any add ons. If its me, then please can somebody let me know if I have done something wrong in my set up but everything else looked great.  Please Please, from a Cornishman, can I beg for the inclusion in the POIs of the Tamar and Albert Bridges at Plymouth, Truro Cathedral as its so prominent if you fly up the river. A proper St Anthony Lighthouse, the real one is all white not striped. The Gribben head Daymark at Fowey,  useful for VFR around here and the totally awesome Eden Project in the claypits at St Austell.   St Mawes and Pendennis castles guarding the harbour at Falmouth. For the Bristol guys, if no one has asked for the Clifton Suspension bridge yet that would a great inclusion. (if its already there I have missed it!!  London looks amazing but most people seem to think the civilised world in the UK ends at Bristol and even Exeter is wild country!! :-) :-)  Please show us a bit of love and add a few for us Cornish boys.

Fantastic work and its going to be amazing as the Service Packs build on the base package.

Thanks from a very happy VFR low and slow GA guy.

Cheers all

Jeff H

Hi,

Both Tamar bridge and Brunel Albert Bridge are already positioned into the first release

Archived