TrueEarth GB South - SP1 - new POIs

Oops.  Thanks Richard  I must have missed them.  Will have to fly a different route later and go have a look.  I confess I was flying around the coast mainly and totally blown away by the coastline and everything else, so I guess I didn't look closely enough.  Really happy they are in there.

regards

Jeff

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff, make sure you've installed the scenery in the correct order. Landmarks might not be visible if the scenery is installed in the incorrect order:

In addition, for the upcoming SP1 update, there will be lots of castles in the area to explore. In addition, the Clifton Suspension Bridge and Severn Bridge will appear in the update as well.

29 minutes ago, david broome said:

You have said there is ZL18 coming with SP1 for TE south so it would nice to have that in select areas for central as well.

Yep there are. For central, we've not decided yet which areas will get the ZL18 treatment. Manchester and Liverpool are two prime candidates (but that would be self-centred of me :D), but we'll await beta tester feedback first.

8 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Yep there are. For central, we've not decided yet which areas will get the ZL18 treatment. Manchester and Liverpool are two prime candidates (but that would be self-centred of me :D), but we'll await beta tester feedback first.

I disagree, you absolute deserve ZL18 Manchester. :D

Great news though for those of us who fly helicopters, VR or just love added aye candy.

Hi Tony,  scenery was in the right order and sure enough the Tamar and Albert bridges were there. I just hadn't looked properly. From 1000ft last night a run up the Tamar looked great. I also applied your patch for Newquay and that sorted the mesh and the sea climbing up the cliff too. I did another tour starting at perranporth, landed at Newquay, VFR up along the A30 to EGLA, for a touch and go, over the Colliford lake and to Plymouth, low and slow up the river then back up to 5000ft towards Dartmouth and Salcombe. Finally ran the coast past berry head Torquay Teignmouth, Exmouth and landed at Exeter on R26. The scenery is just great and I'm loving flying over it. Many thanks for your help and for the great work you guys have done.

J.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:18 PM, John Venema said:

The Spinnaker tower is already there. Have you place the Orbx scenery below Landmarks - London and Global Airports?

He spent too much time in those pubs, he could not read the read me file...  :rollmyeyes:

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:01 PM, Meabeachboy said:

wow how did you get it to 5.1! what are you running the volts at? on all cores? custom water cool loop to the processor and graphics card?

i7 7700 kaby lake 4.2ghz?

best I can get stable 4.7ghz 1.3v

4.8ghz seems to run the chip too hot for my liking and I have a corsar water cooling fan system to the processor (forget the proper name for it now)

1.4v,  Hyperthreading must be disabled. XMP mem ON.  Cooling is on Corsair closed loop 120mm radiator.  Temps in AIDA around 70C on stress test. Good airflow in Lian Li big case.  1.3v not enough, you need to go higher.  You should get 5GHz with ease.

On 11/9/2018 at 7:01 PM, tonywob said:

My vote goes to Liverpool, Manchester, Southport (my town hehe) and the Lake District ;) 

Really looking forward to the p3d release.  In the event it is not already included, can I put in a vote for Corfe Castle?  I really miss it every time I fly south from Orbx Compton Abbas into the Isle of Purbeck and along the Dorset coast...

Richard 

Corfe Castle.jpeg

Corfe Castle 2.jpeg

13 hours ago, tonywob said:

1.thumb.jpg.aa3f77b99d3c824a1798823994ff641b.jpg

You can :-)

Beautifully done :)

Are there any plans to improve the cliff features around the Purbecks / Dorset coast? Would be nice to see Old Harry Rocks. There are a few floating buildings near Bournemouth Pier, eg. the Bournemouth International Center.

44 minutes ago, kaisho said:

Beautifully done :)

Are there any plans to improve the cliff features around the Purbecks / Dorset coast? Would be nice to see Old Harry Rocks. There are a few floating buildings near Bournemouth Pier, eg. the Bournemouth International Center.

Please keep reporting into the dedicated thread:

or support forum in case of trouble

In case it is not yet done or suggested, how about Winston Churchill's home Chartwell.  It is big, especially if the surrounding gardens and lake are included, for VFR flying.  I have a basic XP freeware version but to see a quality Orbx version would be great.  Cheers.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:30 AM, paulb said:

I am really looking forward to new castles in Wales.

Perhaps Pembroke Castle, Caerphilly Castle and St Catherine's Fort near Tenby?

PEMBROKE

Ps9o5ln.jpg

CAERPHILLY

6o5embr.jpg

ST CATHERINES

vOwaLzk.jpg

Your request for the Welsh Castles are being Caerphilly considered Paul!:wacko:

Those are beautiful photos btw.

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Your request for the Welsh Castles are being Caerphilly considered Paul!:wacko:

Those are beautiful photos btw.

I really hope that Wales gets more and more POIs :D

I love TEGBS as it is - but JV has said that it will keep getting better! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived