Freeware airport requests

I would like to see KBXM (formally KNHZ brunswick naval airstation)...now its a well equipped executive airport...Drives me nuts that its not labeled correctly in game....pretty large land wise though maybe too big?

KPWM-Portland intl jetport

KPQI-northern maine regional at presque isle

KHVN-Tweed new haven airport.

KHYA-Barnstable

I know im naming off a pile here but neil has proven himself quite industrious!..And Thank you again for all the wonderful scenery you have already provided us. Never have i seen such a service after the sale from any developers.  You really make me feel like i get my moneys worth from these (understandably) pricey addons.  I never thought i would see the day when a payware develpoer would touch any of my local airports, let alone so many strips close to my heart..I feel like a giddy little kid on christmas every time another one pops up under the releases, so keep up the good work, and a sincere thank you to Neil and the whole orbx team.

Fayetteville, NC

If you are referring to Fayetteville Regional, then this one is probably not going to be one that ORBX can do because of it the terminal. ORBX has jetways in the libraries but the terminal buildings would need to be just plain old default FSX. So not really sure how good that would look.

KCOS is probably not going to happen because of 1) two decent freeware sceneries already exist, 2) size of airport, and 3) I know someone who is working on a very nice payware version, albeit it won't be released for several months yet. KAFF is intriguing, though, as I lived just south of the Academy for 8 years. Good times; great flyovers. And I plan to update KAPA as new things have been added to the airport and my technique has become more refined since the scenery was released. Neil has an uncanny ability to make one raise his quality and standards.

Cheers,

Todd

Todd,

Thanks for the info about KCOS - good news indeed about the payware version in the pipeline!  Also, can't wait for the updated KAPA!  Thanks!! :)

Hi tjdinmaine,

I've already started KPQI, Northern Maine Regional, so it will be in Pack 20 for sure.

Cheers, Neil

I'm very much looking forward to flying in the northeast once OpenLC North America is released!

I'd suggest Piseco Lake Airport (K09) in the southern Adirondack Mountains of NY. It's a nice stopping off point for traversing the upper portion of NY State. Here is a video:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJfxDy0uTEQ

There are a lot more videos and images of K09 online, considering that it is a  small airport. Note the cleared area at the end of the runway:

http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/7097849/AirportWork1_w300.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.4572775,-74.5117402,2255m/data=!3m1!1e3

KACB - Antrim County Airport - Bellaire, Michigan

KART - Watertown International Airport - Watertown, New York

MYER - Rock Sound International Airport - Rock Sound, Eleuthera, Bahamas

Three great airports to fly to. Great service and great folks.

Thanks,

Jim

If you are referring to Fayetteville Regional, then this one is probably not going to be one that ORBX can do because of it the terminal. ORBX has jetways in the libraries but the terminal buildings would need to be just plain old default FSX. So not really sure how good that would look.

ah ok, wonder if the can do Beaufort, NC and Washington, NC then. Beaufort I believe is named for a Mike Smith one of the Challenger astronauts, Warren field in Washington use to be a training place during WWII. Some great $100.00 burger hops.

Paul

KPNE Northeast Philadelphia Airport (It might be too big), N67 Wings Field, KMPO Pocono Mountain Mun

KAIY Atlantic City Mun/Bader, KMJX Tom's River/ Millers, KMIV Millville, 1N4 Woodbine, 2N8 Malboro

KCGS College Park

good news!,,,kmiv is already in there..not sure about any of the others...

Can we get more from Newfoundland, Canada

Gander (CYQX)

St Anthony (CYAY)

Thank you for all the hard work.

Brad

I'd like to second this request. 

A good representation of Gander CYQX is sorely needed in FSX.

Thanks a lot.

• Upvote 1

good news!,,,kmiv is already in there..not sure about any of the others...

i tried to see if it was on a list somewhere, but low and behold it is. i did dig up a few decent freeware addons (N67, PNE, and a bunch of unrelated ones for South Jersey.)

Wow! I am blown away by the number of airports that your team has done!  Thank you!

I would dearly love to see 7B3 - Hampton Airfield.  Please let me know if you need anything in the way of photos.

Thank you again.

Totally selfish but would love to see the following (they are all very small!!)

1) CNT7 Picton, Ontario

2) CNL3 Brockville, Ontario

3) CPU6 Deseronto/Tydeninaga/Mohawk, Ontario

4) CNN8 Gananoque, Ontario (skydiving location!)

KCOS is probably not going to happen because of 1) two decent freeware sceneries already exist, 2) size of airport, and 3) I know someone who is working on a very nice payware version, albeit it won't be released for several months yet.

Do you have links to the decent freeware sceneries (I've gone through several and subsequently removed them) and/or the payware version?

My home base: Lower Creek Airport (NC27), Lenoir, NC USA (http://www.airnav.com/airport/NC27). Your wonderful Vashon (2S1) is similar, and a great reference. I'll try to take pix the next time I'm there. It's home to a number of restored and well-tended airplanes: Aeronca Champs, Piper Cubs, Taylorcraft, T-28, Ryan Navion, and the usual assortment of Cessnas and Pipers. It's just southeast of the Smokey Mountains and would make for some terrific sunrise/sunset flights and pix. There are also a number of other small fields close by (see the Charlotte Sectional) so there's lots of airport hopping with lunch stops available. Or, you can challenge yourself going into controlled airspace at Charlotte, NC.

Thanks!!

Do you have links to the decent freeware sceneries (I've gone through several and subsequently removed them) and/or the payware version?

I think he is talking about this, at avsim

kcos_colospgspetersonafb_dlffsx.zip

Hi.  I'd like to request:

KMQY Smyrna, TN (Nashville metropolitan area)

KBWG Bowling Green, KY

KTRI Tri-Cities Regional Airport, TN

KILM Wilmington, NC

KMYR Myrtle Beach, SC

KGNV Gainesville, FL

KMTH Marathon, FL

KEKO Elko, NV

KROW Roswell, NM

KFHU Sierra Vista, AZ

Thanks!

Another vote for KTRI here, beautiful area, see my screenshot post "Morning Appalachian Hop". It's VERY out of date and I work there, could supply up to date photos.

KBGR Bangor International Airport, Bangor, Maine, NE - a popular stop for trans-Atlantic crossings from Europe to the US.

And two really out of the way airports:

UAKK Karagandy International Airport (AKA Sary-Arka Airport), Karaganda, Kazakhstan.

UAUU Kostanay Airport, Kostanay, Kazakhstan.