Freeware airport requests

All of the Air strips on the Mackenzie vally run in the N.W.T. Canada would be just Awesome!!!

I beleive it has been done already, but not with the FTX touch ;)

4 mile lake, Fort Smith N.W.T. Float base would be cool too, complete with lily pad flow :D

as well as CYSM, the Fort Smith Regional Airport

Very Small Stuff here, easy for Pros like you guys ;)

Thanks for taking the time for our requests :)

To the ever-growin' list of Orbx-enhanced airports, I humbly request that Plymouth Municipal Airport (KPYM) in Plymouth, MA be added. 

(And, as with dominique's request, I'd love to see some of the South Pacific island airports Orbxized, especially those with historical ties to WWII.)   :)

-Paul

Thanks Todd for starting this thread.As I do most of my flying around Queensland could I suggest the following airports that could do with the FTX touch.

Mackay YBMK

Proserpine/Whitsunday YBPN

Bowen YBWN

Maroochydore.Sunshine Coast YBSU- would compliment Caloundra YCDR perfectly

Toowoomba YTWB

Thank you again for the opportunity to make my suggestions

And...YMBA  Mount Isa

Michael,

Todd mentioned in his opening post that they will not be considering airports in full blown ORBX regions. Suggest that OzX is the way to go for you.

Cheers

Jack

So Jack what you are saying is that if you live in the great country of Australia you may as well forget posting any requests. You may not realise it but the OZx team disbanded a couple of years ago. A lot of the airstrips that OZx did were bush strips that were not included in FSX.

Australia has many airports/airstrips that could do with enhancement. Some that come to mind are: YMAY, YSWG, YMDG, YBHI, YTEM and Mildura just to mention a few. YTEM would be great as it is the home of the largest collection of warbirds in Australia with all of them flying. Also Temora was a major training airport during WWII so it has a long history. YBHI was on the ORBX road map at one time but seems to have died a natural death. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Greybird,

I did KMCD in Pack 2, looks good from here.  The rest of your airports look interesting as a small group, and it's 58OH, not 85OH.

Cheers, Neil

Whoops! I missed it! And inverted something. :) And thanks for great work. 

Please... U42. Salt Lake Muni. No. 2. If you could include the closed runways from its days as Kearns AAF back in WWII and the Apaches and Blackhawks on the Army National Guard ramp, that would be wonderful. It would be even better if there were a couple static R22s and R44s on the northern end of the ramp for the helicopter school and the old broken down Vampire that was on the ramp for a while!

So Jack what you are saying is that if you live in the great country of Australia you may as well forget posting any requests. You may not realise it but the OZx team disbanded a couple of years ago. A lot of the airstrips that OZx did were bush strips that were not included in FSX.

Australia has many airports/airstrips that could do with enhancement. Some that come to mind are: YMAY, YSWG, YMDG, YBHI, YTEM and Mildura just to mention a few. YTEM would be great as it is the home of the largest collection of warbirds in Australia with all of them flying. Also Temora was a major training airport during WWII so it has a long history. YBHI was on the ORBX road map at one time but seems to have died a natural death.

Pat,

I was not making any geopolitical statement, simply pointing out that Todd said in his opening post that they would not be doing any airports for regions.

I imagine that this is a question of whether or not the freeware airports that Niel, Todd ,Larry, Sylvain etc are doing blend in with both FTX Global and a full blown ORBX region, but I don't know enough about scenery design to say if that is correct or not.

Cheers

Jack

In case my pleas were lost in *dead* threads:

KUUU Newport State

KANP Lee (Annapolis)

KACK Nantucket 

KMTP Montauk

And it would be amazing to get a set of Puerto Rico airports covered (except for TJSJ since there are some commercial offerings):

TJCP (this is a heck of a place to get into)

TJVQ

TJIG

TJPS

TJAB

TJBQ

TJMZ

TJFA

And lastly in the nearby islands:

TISX (since there's nothing worthwhile out there for it)

TUPW (not sure what can be done with it)

Thanks for the enhanced airports already completed.  I wouldn't mind seeing some New Mexico area airports such as Taos, Los Alamos, Angel Fire, Truth Or Consequences, Santa Fe, Silver City, Roswell (don't forget the flying saucers LOL)

I know, how about airports along Route 66... O0   Sing the song lol.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF_uuHvOz8w

Cheers

TJ

Hi pilotjohn,

I jot down all the suggestions, none of them have been "lost".  KACK Nantucket is in Pack 19, due out very soon.  Don't be too disappointed, these larger airports with very unique buildings are tough to do when we're using lib's of objects for smaller airports.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks for continuing to publish freeware airports and soliciting requests!

I'd like to request:

Above all else, KMSN - Madison Dane County Regional - Truax Field

and KCOS - Colorado Springs Municipal

KAFF - United States Air Force Academy Airfield

KBDU - Boulder Municipal Airport

KSBA - Santa Barbara Municipal (I'll second it)

KSTP - St. Paul Downtown Airport

KFCM - Flying Cloud Airport

KTVF - Thief River Falls Regional Airport

KFAR - Hector International Airport (I'll second it)

KEYW - Key West International (I know payware options exist but would love to see Orbx's rendition)

KPNE Northeast Philadelphia Airport (It might be too big), N67 Wings Field, KMPO Pocono Mountain Mun

KAIY Atlantic City Mun/Bader, KMJX Tom's River/ Millers, KMIV Millville, 1N4 Woodbine, 2N8 Malboro

KCGS College Park

I think something completely different is in order..

Why not do a few  African airports ?

Some good ones I know of that will be appreciated by the South African sim community are as follows:

FAGC Grand Central

FAVG Virginia, Durban

FALA Lanseria

FBMN Maun

And, just FYI, the reason we don't do airports in FTX regions is that airports are already enhanced in those regions. 

As a true blue Aussie I will argue that point with you anytime.

Look at the airports I have listed here then look at them on Google Earth and see the difference. YSBK Bankstown is a classic example.

• Upvote 1

As a true blue Aussie I will argue that point with you anytime.

Look at the airports I have listed here then look at them on Google Earth and see the difference. YSBK Bankstown is a classic example.

...... Also YTWB, airport to a large provincial city. An extremely basic representation default FSX airport, no taxiways, no ramps, no buildings, just a runway in a paddock. With new life Orbx breathes amazingly into FSX, it's a shame there hasn't been any attention given to it.

• Upvote 1

Hi: I don't know how to upload a link but his might help:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/1-ozx-scenery/

ifrevets

Hi: I don't know how to upload a link but his might help:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/1-ozx-scenery/

ifrevets

Hi again: I see that the link gets added automatically when I type it.

Live and learn!  ???

ifrevets

Thanks for all the requests, folks. We are keeping a rolling list so keep your requests coming.  And, just FYI, the reason we don't do airports in FTX regions is that airports are already enhanced in those regions. 

FTX AU was the very first "region" from Orbx & as such falls behind the quality of subsequent regions (even though it far exceeds fsx default AU)

I understand that there are no plans in the near future to revisit AU to give it a makeover.

For that very reason it would be nice, in the short term, to do a makeover of some of the AU airfields previously mentioned.

See post #62 etc

• Upvote 2

I wonder if we can suggest airports outside of EU and North America? If so I'd love to see some of the airstrips in Indonesia/Philippines and some of the other Pacific Island given the orbx touch.

I do not see why not. The only limiting factor that I can think of is the object library. If we have the right buildings/hangars/control towers and what-not... then I see no reason why somebody would not step up and do an Asia pack or a Middle East pack or a Central/South America pack, or whatever the case may be. Clearly I do not speak for ORBX but that would seem the case to me.

Hi pilotjohn,

I jot down all the suggestions, none of them have been "lost".  KACK Nantucket is in Pack 19, due out very soon.  Don't be too disappointed, these larger airports with very unique buildings are tough to do when we're using lib's of objects for smaller airports.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks for updates... all is appreciated.

....and KCOS - Colorado Springs Municipal

KAFF - United States Air Force Academy Airfield

KBDU - Boulder Municipal Airport

+1   --  Yes - Please, Please:  KCOS, KAFF, and KBDU  :)   Todd - I love your work on KAPA btw,  - what a beauty!!!!  Thanks guys!

+1   --  Yes - Please, Please:  KCOS, KAFF, and KBDU  :)   Todd - I love your work on KAPA btw,  - what a beauty!!!!  Thanks guys!

Amen to that.  Went to school at KAFF.  Flew out of there on more than one occasion... 

Garland

• Upvote 1

KCOS is probably not going to happen because of 1) two decent freeware sceneries already exist, 2) size of airport, and 3) I know someone who is working on a very nice payware version, albeit it won't be released for several months yet. KAFF is intriguing, though, as I lived just south of the Academy for 8 years. Good times; great flyovers. And I plan to update KAPA as new things have been added to the airport and my technique has become more refined since the scenery was released. Neil has an uncanny ability to make one raise his quality and standards.

Cheers,

Todd

• Upvote 1