Freeware airport requests

Hey Loaf, I just drove by that place last weekend (worked at the NASCAR race and was advised that would be a better way to avoid the consruction on I-35 in Fort Worth). Anyway, I am looking doing some airports here in Texas and that T67 Hicks Field was one that I tentatively 'circled'.... only thing is there are about 100-150 little hangars there, which will mean (a) a lot of work and ( 8) potentially an FPS hit for some people.

Copeland 4T2 would be a perfect selection.

Meacham is about as big as anybody would even consider doing, and that is probably even a bit too large -- at least for me.

Forget KDAL. Different product by different developers completely.

If you decide to do T67, let me know and I'll provide plenty of photos and easter eggs.

kerrylafleur@gmail.com

Hi, Here are a few that would be neat to see.

Santa Cruz Island Christy Airstrip

Santa Cruz Island Airport

Also has unnamed dirt strip on east side.

San Nicolas island Naval Field

Santa Rosa island airstrip

Ensenada Mexico Airport, Base Aérea Nº. 3 El Ciprés Or any Mexican Airports or remote strips

Thanks

I just spent a few days in Tubac, AZ, south of Tucson...  what a beautiful part of the state!  I would love to see a few airports in southern AZ (i.e. Tucson and points south and east), as Phoenix is the farthest south for any of the current airport offerings.  I don't know which of the airports down there are most interesting, but once OpenLC NA comes out I would love to explore this part of the country...

Hi, Here are a few that would be neat to see.

Santa Cruz Island Christy Airstrip

Santa Cruz Island Airport

Also has unnamed dirt strip on east side.

San Nicolas island Naval Field

Santa Rosa island airstrip

Ensenada Mexico Airport, Base Aérea Nº. 3 El Ciprés Or any Mexican Airports or remote strips

Thanks

Loreto is in the latest Freeware package. I may do more later.

Larry

How about KCDN? Woodward Field located in Camden, SC is a very active small town field right in the heart of South Carolina's steeplechase racing industry and "horse country".  It served as a training facility during WWII and so it has a long and colorful history.  Thanks for affording us all the opportunity to submit our suggestions!

EFVA Vaasa, Finland. Beautiful coastal area in western Finland with the popular Kvarken archipelago which is visited by tourists from all over Europe every summer. It is on UNESCO's World Heritage Sites list because of the land-rising phenomenon, a consequence of the last ice age. Extending out to the archipelago from the mainland, the Replot bridge which is Finlands longest bridge, it is currently not very well represented in FTX Global but at least it's there.

The airport itself is of the smaller, regional variety. There are regional flights to Helsinki and Stockholm but also quite a lot of seasonal charters to southern Europe and even Thailand. The Swedish city of Umeå is just a short hop over the "creek", so to speak. There are also GA operations at the airfield, a sky diving club amongst others. One asphalt runway (which is scheduled for maintenance this summer) with ILS.

• Upvote 1

Alpine Wyoming and the Palisades Reservoir with Dam.

Sun Valley Idaho.

Canyonlands Field (CNY) Utah

Caveman Ranch Utah airstrip (UT68)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl2dhv5ncXI

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Pz94DIhvs

Beautiful area

CYXT Terrace, BC

CYXY Whitehorse, YK

CYEV Inuvik, NT

CYCB Cambridge Bay, NU

CYYF Penticton, BC

CYQT, Thunder Bay

CYQX Gander, NL

Terrace, Whitehorse and Penticton are in the regional packs and are of the same standard as the freeware airports. Inuvik and Thunder Bay are in the freeware airports file. Cambridge Bay and Gander are probable in the freeware series but I have a number of others to do first.

Larry

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Todd/Orbx Team,

New guy here. Love your product very much. I have a request for you guys. I have been browsing your product but I am not able to find anything on South East Asia region. Can you guys consider to make one of Malaysia international airport in Langkawi? This island is a tourist attraction and have lots of nice place to visit. Also the island host to LIMA "Langkawi International Maritim and Aerospace" similar to Farnborough.

Langkawi%20Airport_zpsksccuexw.png

Langkawi%20Island_zpsyc2rymny.png

Hope you guys can consider to make the airport and the island as well like Pago Pago :)

• Upvote 2

I would like to request Concord Regional, NC KJQF. It is home to NASCAR race teams and is a very busy small airport all week. Would be an easy freeware scenery for the ORBX team.

Also KDKX Knoxville Downtown Island would be super cool, it's on a small island on a river near the great smoky mountains, very scenic.

As a last suggestion, KCRG Jacksonville Craig to give Florida a little attention. Very busy small GA airport.

• Upvote 1

Hi Todd/Orbx Team,

New guy here. Love your product very much. I have a request for you guys. I have been browsing your product but I am not able to find anything on South East Asia region. Can you guys consider to make one of Malaysia international airport in Langkawi? This island is a tourist attraction and have lots of nice place to visit. Also the island host to LIMA "Langkawi International Maritim and Aerospace" similar to Farnborough.

Langkawi%20Airport_zpsksccuexw.png

Langkawi%20Island_zpsyc2rymny.png

Hope you guys can consider to make the airport and the island as well like Pago Pago :)

Hi Mareak,

Welcome to the forums. Its always good to see new people here at FTX from all over the world. Can I make a suggestion, I think Todd and the guys are mainly concentrating on airport upgrade packs primarily in North America and Europe, at the moment at least. Having said that the Popular holiday island of Langkawi in the Andaman Sea and its airport would make a perfect suggestion for the 'Experience' packages that Tim and Ken are doing, just like the Pago Pago and Papua projects. They have very kindly invited suggestions and welcomed discussions on Exotic Experience ideas so can I strongly advise you to post this same post again on their thread here in the General Discussions area of the forums (a couple of pages down)...I believe it is titled along the lines of: "Future Experience packages: name your dream locations" so that they and others here can consider your ideas. Good luck and a very warm welcome to the forums again. Its a great suggestion if all the luxury hotels and resorts could be modelled too and in a useful location between Phuket and Singapore which would add extra value to its exotic ambience with distinct flavour from the other 2 experiences again. While your there, its a great post and interesting to read and participate in if you like these type of sceneries. Enjoy! :smile:

Kind Regards,

Sid :smile:

Sid you are easily the most polite and likeable guy ever on any flight sim forum I have been on.  I really do have to find a way to get to Wales and buy you that pint.

His idea is a good one about Langkawi, I suggested that in Tim & Ken's thread soliciting ideas for the next adventure area.  Langkawi is one of so very many places screaming out for the ORBX treatment.

New guy here. Love your product very much. I have a request for you guys. I have been browsing your product but I am not able to find anything on South East Asia region. Can you guys consider to make one of Malaysia international airport in Langkawi?

Mareak, do you live nearby?  Can you get photos?  I'm the worst object modeller ever but I have at least learned to do basic boxes.  Might be a fun self education project to learn on, if Tim & Ken are otherwise engaged.

I would like to request Concord Regional, NC KJQF. It is home to NASCAR race teams and is a very busy small airport all week. Would be an easy freeware scenery for the ORBX team.

Also KDKX Knoxville Downtown Island would be super cool, it's on a small island on a river near the great smoky mountains, very scenic.

As a last suggestion, KCRG Jacksonville Craig to give Florida a little attention. Very busy small GA airport.

These are good suggestions.  KDKX is on my list but it is on hold for the time being, until some global/vector issues get sorted out in that area. 

I was looking at KCRG the other day, looks like it is an executive airport.  Those are cool.  I've not tackled one yet myself but I plan to at some point.

Had not considered KJQF, but I will have a look.  I can say that there is an airport from NC in the upcoming pack.

EFVA Vaasa, Finland. Beautiful coastal area in western Finland with the popular Kvarken archipelago which is visited by tourists from all over Europe every summer.

Another great suggestion.  I have even started doing a couple in Finland -- maybe I will be allowed to join Sylvain and contribute to the FTX Global EU airport packs, but I am still learning so we will see.  I would also like do a few in Spain as well as start doing some in Eastern Europe, which so far as zero representation.

The main criteria for me involve availability of the objects in the ORBX libraries.  If there is a very specific terminal or odd building that is central to the overall theme/flavor of the airport then it is probably not a good candidate.  EFVA is one of that might work, using a combination of the plan old FSX boxes and some ORBX buildings, basically cobbling them together.  Might look OK, might look pretty stupid. 

KTHV  York PA (Thomasville)   often crosswindy

KMDT Harrisburg International PA   largish regional/commuter airport on susquehanna river with three mile island on the approach, a small c130 base, and a touch and go practice runway for Air Force One!

N94 Carlisle Airport PA   

KCXY Capital City Airport Harrisburg PA 

W05 Gettysburg Regional Airport

jus lookin for a little bit of love for southcentral pennsylvania

• 2 weeks later...

KRCT Nartron Field Airport, Reed City, Michigan, USA

Reasons:

1) The default airport is so uglyyy! However, in reality it looks really adventurous.

2) Good-looking surrounding.

3) Frame-rate-friendly

4) 42 nautical miles from 7Y2 Thompsonville Airport

5) More airports in Central Michigan required!

Greetings,

Hi.  Here's some more airports I'd love to see:

1. CYQX - Gander, Newfoundland

2. KHOT - Hot Springs, AR

3. KLBL - Liberal, KS

4. KBFF - Scottsbluff, SD

5. KSLE - Salem, OR

6. KBDN - Bend, OR

7. KHLN - Helena, MT

8. KROW - Roswell, NM

9. KBIS - Bismarck, ND

10. KMRF - Marfa, TX

Thanks!

I would like to see a group of airports for the various bahama cays and definitely more airports in florida..eg:LKL, KOMN SRQ PIE JAX just to name a few. 

Canadian - CYXU CYOW CYWG CYQA CYYB 

Thank you for the great work thus far.

• 3 weeks later...

*Any* Airport outside of the US, Europe and Oceania

Reason: Can we make FTX really *Global* at some point?

Last time I checked Canada was outside those areas and there are a lot of freeware airports. Also Loreto Mexico and Varadero Cuba. More to come but I' haven't decided which ones yet.

Larry

Last time I checked Canada was outside those areas and there are a lot of freeware airports. Also Loreto Mexico and Varadero Cuba. More to come but I' haven't decided which ones yet.

Larry

Please consider something in Brazil Larry. Thanks!