Freeware airport requests

First thank you for all you do, Neil and team, these are wonderful well-crafted gifts. Really appreciated.

Now, there is a huge imbalance between what is available for the US (and for Europe for a minor part) and what is available for the RoTW . It's pity as Global +Vector calls for more flying in countries like Indonesia, Japan, Turkey, The Solomons, some places in Africa and so on and so forth . Be bolder guys in your choices. It shouldn't be bad to help sell Global and Vector, should it ? Just sayin' ::)

• Upvote 1

When I look at all the requests mentioned here I envision Orbx as occupying the entire floor of an office building in Silicon Valley with 200 cubicles and 200 scenery developers feverishly working full time to handle all the requests.

I will be happy with whatever comes down the pike from the Orbx guys next. I can't possibly visit all the airports, payware and freeware, that Orbx has already given us in my remaining allotted time on this planet.

Surprise me!

Noel

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CYYB and KROW have been added to the (very long) list.  However don't hold you breath for large airports like these, They take a bunch of time to do.

Cheers, Neil

Thank you for KIXA, it looks great. Now to get some GA traffic flying in there.   :D

Hi Todd!

I think the work you put into the products is fantastic! With that said, I was wondering how do you go about getting the images for your artwork on the scenery files? I don't imagine there's any way you visit all of these first hand, so do you solicit people to provide photos or something? Just wondering!

You guys just released KFKS, and I'd love to see KTVC in that region. The northwest area of the LP of Michigan is an amazing area. I'd love to see a Great Lakes region some day with the lighthouses around the lake, the little port towns, the vineyards on the Mission Peninsula, and the sand dunes on Lake Michigan. This is an amazing area, and one that many likely never get to see. 

• Upvote 1

I love that you guys keep putting out awesome freeware packs.  They seem to just keep coming!  I have a question though.  Is there a way we can check out which airports are being added/worked on or considered?  I asked about the possibility of KFSM getting some freeware love a while back.  I was just curious if we could see the status of requests somewhere?  Thanks!  ^_^

Hi Guys,

@Clorix - Right now there are only a few Canadian airports reserved by Larry that he is planning on working on.  Otherwise nothing else is in the pipeline as I just sent in Pack 23.  As our freeware airport guys choose airports they want to work on I've asked them to let me know and I keep a database of ones completed and ones in work.  This keeps us from accidentally working on the same airport with out knowing it.  I added KFSM to the list in case I'd missed it before and also listed any others that have been mentioned lately.

When I have time I go thorough the list and choose airports to do, but generally do only a few larger ones, plus quite a few smaller ones (they're faster).  I'm also working GEN (Germany North) airports and SCA LC activities so my time is somewhat limited. 

Look for the next FTXG freeway Pack in December.

Cheers, Neil

Respectfully submitted for consideration..

KHMT - Hemet-Ryan Airport supporting the cities of Hemet & San Jacinto, CA.

1.  WWII Training facility.

2.  Chuck Yeager received his primary flight training here.

3.  Some of the old barracks and the old wooden control tower are still standing.

4.  Russia landed their first Trans-Polar Flight in a field just north of the airport (Monument marking the spot)

5.  One of the Main Cal-Fire Bases in California

6.  Was a major soaring community airport until 2009 - airstrip is still there.  (It was closed much like Meigs Field.....one day it was in operation the next day it wasn't....sad.....the valley provided some great soaring)

More here:  http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Hemet-Ryan_Airport#History

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You guys just released KFKS, and I'd love to see KTVC in that region. The northwest area of the LP of Michigan is an amazing area. I'd love to see a Great Lakes region some day with the lighthouses around the lake, the little port towns, the vineyards on the Mission Peninsula, and the sand dunes on Lake Michigan. This is an amazing area, and one that many likely never get to see. 

Another vote for KTVC here.

I noticed that the freeware airports for the EU are all in mainland Europe and there is none in the UK. So I would like to ask for a Scottish airport update if possible. Edinburgh, Glasgow or Prestwick could do with a touch up as they are kinda spartan for detail. Plus the gate assignments are outdated on the current FTX ones. Any one of them would certainly improve the experience for me, particularly if it has people flow.

Hi folks,

This thread has to do with the FTXG  "freeware" airports, ie: ones that are outside our "regions" offerings as ALL the airports within regions are already upgraded.  KHMT is inside the upcoming SCA region and has been done, you just haven't seen it yet.  Edinburgh, Glasgow and Prestwick are all inside region areas and won't be done further (although they may be brought up to date).

The best chances of getting your airport choices done are to choose midsize to smaller airports as they lend themselves to use of the "objects" that we have available.  Very large  airports take ages to do and at best still don't have the charm of the smaller airports.

Cheers, Neil

Hi folks,

This thread has to do with the FTXG  "freeware" airports, ie: ones that are outside our "regions" offerings as ALL the airports within regions are already upgraded.  KHMT is inside the upcoming SCA region and has been done, you just haven't seen it yet.  Edinburgh, Glasgow and Prestwick are all inside region areas and won't be done further (although they may be brought up to date).

The best chances of getting your airport choices done are to choose midsize to smaller airports as they lend themselves to use of the "objects" that we have available.  Very large  airports take ages to do and at best still don't have the charm of the smaller airports.

Cheers, Neil

Many Thanks Neil.......you and your team do tremendous work........I truly do appreciate all the long tedious hours put into these projects.  You all are the ones that truly bring these regions alive!!

Most Sincerely,

Steve R.

I would suggest Ryan Field (RYN) outside of Tucson. Ryan was built by the United States Army Air Forces in 1942 as a site for primary flight training. Military flight training at Ryan ceased in 1944 and the property was conveyed to the State of Arizona in 1948. Currently owned by the City of Tucson, Ryan is operated by the Tucson Airport Authority.

• 2 weeks later...