Hot air balloon!

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Jack, the balloon lights up in the twilight. Makes a great screenshot.

Thanks Rodger!  I'll have to look later.  I never flew at night but I knew guys who did.  A lot of them flew early in the morning when it was still dark.  They called themselves the Dawn Patrol and it was a sight to see.  They burned the propane in such a way as to light up the balloons and made them look like lanterns.  It was beautiful but not good for the balloon.

A great day for you Jack to be able to fly a hot air balloon.

Very pleasing to get the Duke and Lancair back too although I only have the Duke.

The Night Glow is a popular event at many ballooning meets although I have never been to one.

I was lucky when living in Mildura with an annual event from 1990 culminating with the World Ballooning Championships in 2004.

7 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Including that huge "Gas Bag":D

Thanks Karl!  Gas?  Don't say that around balloonists, you'd get schooled real fast that it's hot air, exactly what temperature it is, and it's not gas blah blah blah, it's basically a hot gas, air being the gas right? :) 

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A great day for you Jack to be able to fly a hot air balloon.

Very pleasing to get the Duke and Lancair back too although I only have the Duke.

The Night Glow is a popular event at many ballooning meets although I have never been to one.

I was lucky when living in Mildura with an annual event from 1990 culminating with the World Ballooning Championships in 2004.

Thanks Martyn!  It's a cool "aircraft" in the sim.  And having the Duke is great, I've always loved that plane, I flew it for 90 minutes last night in Orbxland and it was terrific, I have a lot of shots to post.

Night Glow, yep, seen that many times, it's so pretty, and very loud because they have to constantly burn to keep it lit up.

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Great new additions to your hanger Jack .:D:)

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Three in one day, it was a delightful surprise.  I thought they went out of business but right there in their site, updated for version 4 and they work flawlessly.

51 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Is the balloon 'steerable'? How much control do you have?

Pleasant surprise to see Redding & Rohnerville again:rolleyes:

Nicely done.

TTM

Thanks TTM.  Like a real balloon you're at the mercy of the wind, I did this at the default airport, I think in Florida and it was rain and the wind did move it along.  I tried the stick but nothing but rudder pedals will spin it around.

Thanks, I made two flights to those airports in those planes, I'll post them soon.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Someone sent me a link to a free hot air balloon.  It works and is so cool.  

I know that sympathical guy :ph34r: O0  :P 

Great to see the hot ballon ... maybe the weather does not suit so well :lol:

... and maybe not easy to move the air ballon : just up  & down I guess...and need some good wind :wacko: ... in the direction you want :banghead:

Just now, jean marc said:

I know that sympathical guy :ph34r: O0  :P 

Great to see the hot ballon ... maybe the weather does not suit so well :lol:

... and maybe not easy to move the air ballon : just up  & down I guess...and need some good wind :wacko: ... in the direction you want :banghead:

Was that you Jean Marc?  I'm sorry as I forgot who it was so you get a lot of credit, it installed easily but doesn't show any previews in P3D when you select it.  But it flys nicely, thanks!  Yep, needs wind, I hope to crank up the winds to a hurricane and see what happens :lol:

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I hope to crank up the winds to a hurricane and see what happens :lol:

oh yes please a HUGE hurricane for the air balloon :P ... and maybe by the same way to pass under a bridge !!!! nothing is impossible just try it :D

3 hours ago, jean marc said:

oh yes please a HUGE hurricane for the air balloon :P ... and maybe by the same way to pass under a bridge !!!! nothing is impossible just try it :D

:lol: It's on my to do list Jean Marc.  I mean how can I resist?  I feel like a beta tester sometimes pushing these aircraft to the limits. :)

6 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Congratulations on entering the basket of a balloon again Jack, albeit in a sim! :D  Is that a Ctrl E start machine or do you use Hotlanta Air? :lol:

Thanks Roger!  I have a can of Burnz-O-Matic propane.  Ah, the smell of burning propane in the morning, makes me think of.......balloons.

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, M110A2 said:

Nice toys Jack, what possessed you to take a hot air balloon ride in the rain. I have the RealAir Duke, somehow I got it as freeware. I got lucky.

Thanks, what possessed me?  I like to do dopey things sometimes :D.  When I flew real ones we'd never fly in the rain. 

Great pics Jack, must have missed your original. Hey is RealAir back up and running, I see you mentioned the Duke now in P3D4, have they got the site back up? I have both of those planes and some others. Hope so, loved the Duke Turbo

Don 

54 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great pics Jack, must have missed your original. Hey is RealAir back up and running, I see you mentioned the Duke now in P3D4, have they got the site back up? I have both of those planes and some others. Hope so, loved the Duke Turbo

Don 

Thanks Don.  I forget the company name now, but they’re available now for P3D4.x.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Don.  I forget the company name now, but they’re available now for P3D4.x.

Found it thanks mate, and now I have my Legacy and Duke back - fantastic can't thank you enough:D

Don

Archived