BradB

Heading south out of Darwin N.T. for the town of Katherine N.T. :

jKEfvYm.jpg

mgPyavI.jpg

Arriving into the town of Katherine along side the river of the same name :

TlnrsKi.jpg

Were going to need a bigger plane maybe to haul it home :rolleyes::o:lol::

CERVJ6n.png

I found this a fascinating story : https://nation.com.pk/10-Jul-2018/monster-crocodile-captured-after-eight-year-hunt-in-australia#container

Have a great weekend mates !! .

Cheers

John

43 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Theses things always creep me out, maybe they should have died out with the dinosaurs. :blink:

Have a thought for the poor crocs Jack, they have their place in the big picture of things!;):D:lol:

Australia does reptiles well, especially these handbags with teeth.  And if the sea keeps warming,  the crocs will come further south.  Although a long time Aussie, my NZ background still makes me nervous of the salties, freshwater crocs and snakes as well as a good range of lizards.

21 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Like eating people?  I'll look at them from a distance, thanks! :D

Only people that do the wrong thing get eaten Jack, like swimming in the rivers or fishing on the very edge of the river bank.:o

They haven't survived over millions of years by not being smart when it comes to a feed.

If I remember rightly from a guide many moons ago, a croc only needs to eat 39 times a year and on the river bed can rest with a heartbeat of one per minute.

Fascinating creatures.

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Only people that do the wrong thing get eaten Jack, like swimming in the rivers or fishing on the very edge of the river bank.:o

They haven't survived over millions of years by not being smart when it comes to a feed.

If I remember rightly from a guide many moons ago, a croc only needs to eat 39 times a year and on the river bed can rest with a heartbeat of one per minute.

Fascinating creatures.

I never knew this.  They are fascinating but to me they have always been like dinosaurs and killing machines.  If I lived near them I'd be very wary.  

really good shots John - I love #1 & #3 : fantastic with great clouds and very suitable plane choice :)

about the croc, I read on your link "It was estimated to be about 60 years old" so it is maybe a kind old retired croc :D .... but I would not check its kindness by a gentle hand on its head :P

I must say, that is a different sort of flight than I’ve ever seen on here, you definitely gonna need a bigger plane John!  One heck of a story about that old croc, I know I would hate to be trussed up like that laying on a trailer at that age! :wacko:

Archived