Orbx EU Netherlands TrueEarth Launch Trailer

Ladies and gentlemen,

I thought it would be apt that we ask a Dutchman to create the launch trailer of this groundbreaking product of his home country, so I’ll let Jeroen Doorman’s video do the talking ...

EU Netherlands TrueEarth will be released very soon, we are in the final testing phase now.

Fantastic !  will be a joy to fly in via VFR and over in IFR. This virtual representation has come again closer to the thrill of flying in reality. Transition day -> night is great.

One small remark: during the whole movie, not a single airport and airfield is shown, that's a pitty, also still an open question: compatibility with addon airport-sceneries?

I have followed and purchased from your company for nearly eight years now. I have always anticipated each release and have never been disappointed.

Having looked at all the pre-release “captures” and videos of Netherlands TrueEarth your team have obviously taken things to a new level. Exciting times, excited simmers!

Thanks,

Roger

Amazing. Couple of questions. At 1:35 we see tankers with beautiful wakes behind them, is that Static or AI because I thought there was custom AI boats for this so just curious? Secondly, could you give an estimate to how much space this will need on the hard drive. True Earth is certainly the way to go and I hope the same resources you had to make this (trees heights etc) exist for many other locations...like say perhaps areas inside the PilotEdge coverage ;)

16 minutes ago, jlund said:

Does anyone know if especially the military airports from NL2000 will be compatible with FTX Netherland? 

We just have to wait and see .....because the Dutch airports now are in place of the photo scenery from NL2000 and we don't know if they are at the same location of ORBX

Amazing. Couple of questions. At 1:35 we see tankers with beautiful wakes behind them, is that Static or AI because I thought there was custom AI boats for this so just curious? Secondly, could you give an estimate to how much space this will need on the hard drive. True Earth is certainly the way to go and I hope the same resources you had to make this (trees heights etc) exist for many other locations...like say perhaps areas inside the PilotEdge coverage [emoji6]
Orbx said somewhere else that they are static. It does not seem right for static boats to have wakes but I guess that's the way it is.

9 hours ago, John Venema said:

EU Netherlands TrueEarth will be released very soon, we are in the final testing phase now.

This line is just as awesome as the video! :)

Lools totally awesome! I am happy to see the colors I love so much! (A lot of the preview shots have a bit too much bloom to my taste and some odd coloring...) Can't wait to see it on my PC. (Although I seriously wonder how it will perform: even the video seems to have some stuttering but that may be YouTube. Luckily it will also be released for Aerofly FS 2! ;))

4 hours ago, Kilstorm said:

Amazing. Couple of questions. At 1:35 we see tankers with beautiful wakes behind them, is that Static or AI because I thought there was custom AI boats for this so just curious? Secondly, could you give an estimate to how much space this will need on the hard drive. True Earth is certainly the way to go and I hope the same resources you had to make this (trees heights etc) exist for many other locations...like say perhaps areas inside the PilotEdge coverage ;)

It was mentioned somewhere (I think it was in one of Iain's preview posts) that these ships are static.

1 hour ago, fly2012 said:

Maybe you can turn them off in the option menu.

Too me it looks like they are part of the underlying ortho photo, so i guess that would be hard to do without editing them out from the photo itself,,,,,,.. I really would like them to edit it out, but i guess its very time consuming, saw similar ships in the meigs scenery for xplane and it kinda annoys me thet they didnt remove them... 

One other thing i wasnt to impressed from with the Meighs scenery was the resulotion on the photo scenery, im now in the process of making my own orthos too put under the Orbx overlays. 

You see similar things on the highways with cars/trucks in the photo scenery.  See them on some of the payware airports.  I imagine these would be very time consuming to remove from the photoscenery.  Probably a limitation of the approach.  I do feel the scenery looks very good overall

Now that is one amazing launch video...no complaints from me...I can easily see all the hard work that must have gone into this package and there is not a thing I would say bad about what I have seen thus far....rather, epic looking it an understatement.

Jeroen is an example. I learned a lot from him. But.... in this vid I don't see 300-1000 feet shot I would like to have seen. To low or to hight. I am being honest.

Just saying that it's missing what we always loved about ORBX, flying low and slow.

Video and music are perfect, edition also. But it's not showing this new tech ORBX as, I would like to see more how you are dealing with 3D object and photo real. Also, I have never seen stutters in Jeroen vid, I see some here??? 

My honest opinion

Ben

11 hours ago, caleb1 said:
15 hours ago, Kilstorm said:
Amazing. Couple of questions. At 1:35 we see tankers with beautiful wakes behind them, is that Static or AI because I thought there was custom AI boats for this so just curious? Secondly, could you give an estimate to how much space this will need on the hard drive. True Earth is certainly the way to go and I hope the same resources you had to make this (trees heights etc) exist for many other locations...like say perhaps areas inside the PilotEdge coverage emoji6.png

Orbx said somewhere else that they are static. It does not seem right for static boats to have wakes but I guess that's the way it is.

From what someone in a previous post, boats only travel very slowly in these confined waterways so in flying over you wouldn't see them move very far anyway.

The trains are also static but I think that they and the boats are a wonderful addition to the scenery.:)

16 hours ago, fly2012 said:

The video says p3d, no FSX?

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

I don't post much here, but that video is extraordinary. Just to be certain - does it show Prepar3d or is it X-Plane ?  It looks too good for Prepar3d.

According to JV in another post...... "Yes it's coming to all those sims. FSX/P3D first, then AFS2, then XP11"; so this should be for FSX and P3D

9 hours ago, Benny said:

Jeroen is an example. I learned a lot from him. But.... in this vid I don't see 300-1000 feet shot I would like to have seen. To low or to hight. I am being honest.

Just saying that it's missing what we always loved about ORBX, flying low and slow.

Video and music are perfect, edition also. But it's not showing this new tech ORBX as, I would like to see more how you are dealing with 3D object and photo real. Also, I have never seen stutters in Jeroen vid, I see some here??? 

My honest opinion

Ben

That same post has a number of low level images..

Looks like I'm gonna need some new hard drives :)

Terry

9 hours ago, Benny said:

My honest opinion

Ben

Hi Ben,

I haven't flown at that height because of multiple reasons. One of them was the request to showcase the scenery from a certain altitude as this is still a beta product and subject to changes and not finished :) I'll leave out the other reasons to not bore you to death lol

The stutters you see are because of 2 problems, recording in P3DV4 isn't always as easy as it looks and I was trying to go all out with maxing out the settings and the product still is a beta and maybe that adds to it as well. I could have done much more, made a 10 minute, even 30 minute long video, but nobody, or at least just a few, would watch that whole video :)

Archived