Ship Hunting

paulb

Nothing special, just a bit of fun :)

I recently installed the freeware Global AI Ship Traffic by Henrik Nielsen, so I thought that I would take a flight over the English Channel in search of ships. It was only a short flight and I was surprised how easy it was to finds ships.

FSX, FEX and ORBX

Departure from EGHI Southampton Airport, England.

s9YFd4Q.jpg

QNmM3rp.jpg

U3H5BXA.jpg

amWKyfI.jpg

l8AmmKe.jpg

NFeU8g8.jpg

xLu92t6.jpg

aJtneSg.jpg

XG8AbMj.jpg

FezIddz.jpg

m9okBFE.jpg

404v4hG.jpg

xqcA1of.jpg

45 minutes ago, BradB said:

Buzzing ships are we now Paul ? . That guy named Sawyer is a bad influence on us all . :o:unsure::D

Cheers

John

Hey!!!!  :lol:

Actually Paul, these are outstanding, I love the Darth Vader livery and the Orbx detail is absolutely terrific.  Aren't these ships wonderful?  I love seeing them.

1 hour ago, Juanvito said:

Nice pics!

It is fun to look at the ship traffic below when flying across the channel.

Thank you Juanvito! :) Glad that you liked the shots.

1 hour ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Never realized the detail they put into the ships at sea either.  Splendid shots. 

Cheers Johnny! :) Those are ships from the AI package. There is a huge variety there.

1 hour ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Really great set of shots Paul. Really

like them all.

Anthin.:wub:

Thanks Anthin! :)

51 minutes ago, BradB said:

Buzzing ships are we now Paul ? . That guy named Sawyer is a bad influence on us all . :o:unsure::D

Cheers

John

Not buzzing, just prowling around John! ;):D

22 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

+1.

And these shots are indeed great.

Thank you very much Gerold! :)

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hey!!!!  :lol:

Actually Paul, these are outstanding, I love the Darth Vader livery and the Orbx detail is absolutely terrific.  Aren't these ships wonderful?  I love seeing them.

Cheers Jack! :). I agree, cool markings! It is quite fun searching for the ships.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Which package Paul?  They look awesome!  :)B)

Henrik Nielsens AI shipping and Global AI shipping packages. There used to be several files to get the whole package, but now those are the only two you need. The files can be found on AVSIM, and they are freeware :) 

5 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Henrik Nielsens AI shipping and Global AI shipping packages. There used to be several files to get the whole package, but now those are the only two you need. The files can be found on AVSIM, and they are freeware :) 

Thanks man!  Will go get them at Avsim! :)B)

2 hours ago, adambar said:

I haven't done that for a while Paul, great shots! :)

Thanks Adam! :). Yes, it all adds to the atmosphere!

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Enjoyed the shots Paul, never thought of ship hunting.

Many thanks John. The package is worth a look. Lots of different ships and routes all around the world. :)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

A great addition to the flying experience.

Beautiful series Paul and makes for a very enjoyable flight.

Thank you Martyn! :). Once you start it can be contagious! :o

5 minutes ago, Arkanoid said:

i like too huntig ship around the wordl, the work of Mr Nielsen is superb. Nice pics!!!

Thank you! :). I agree, it is a fantastic piece of freeware.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Paul , and thanks for the beautiful shots !  I have Install  Global AI Ship Traffic by Henrik Nielsen and they look very nice ! However I have noticed that , when I start a flight , the loading time takes approximately 2-3 min . , while before ai traffic it took only 1.5 max ! Are you experiencing any similar loading problems ?

Thank you ,

Mike

36 minutes ago, mikee said:

Hello Paul , and thanks for the beautiful shots !  I have Install  Global AI Ship Traffic by Henrik Nielsen and they look very nice ! However I have noticed that , when I start a flight , the loading time takes approximately 2-3 min . , while before ai traffic it took only 1.5 max ! Are you experiencing any similar loading problems ?

Thank you ,

Mike

Thanks Mike. Glad that you enjoyed them. :)

No, I can't say that I noticed particular loading problems after installing GAIST. My FSX loading is never quick in any event! Just guessing now, but is your AI set very high? Mine is set at about 40%.

6 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Paul I like you ships they look fantastic and ship hunting a good idea all you need is a torpedo regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart! :). The AI ships is quite fun and it is freeware.

15 hours ago, paulb said:

Thanks Mike. Glad that you enjoyed them. :)

No, I can't say that I noticed particular loading problems after installing GAIST. My FSX loading is never quick in any event! Just guessing now, but is your AI set very high? Mine is set at about 40%.

Thanks Stewart! :). The AI ships is quite fun and it is freeware.

Hello Paul , Actually my Ai traffic is No More than 35% !  But even if I select 0% i still get a minimum of 2 minutes loading time !

Rgds ,

Mike

2 hours ago, mikee said:

Hello Paul , Actually my Ai traffic is No More than 35% !  But even if I select 0% i still get a minimum of 2 minutes loading time !

Rgds ,

Mike

Hi Mike, I just timed my FSX loading. It was 1 minute 15 seconds.  I do have FSX on an SSD so that could speed up loading times.

59 minutes ago, Bluebear said:

Good hunter, Paul
You have hunting successfully some brilliant ships shots.

The AI Ship Traffic by Henrik Nielsen is really a must have.

Cheers  
Bluebear

Thank you my friend! :). I agree with you, the AI Ship Traffic is excellent.

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, paulb said:

Hi Mike, I just timed my FSX loading. It was 1 minute 15 seconds.  I do have FSX on an SSD so that could speed up loading times.

Hi Paul , I also have all my Prepar3DV4 Installed into a 1TB SSD ! I have No idea why it takes sooo long :unsure: Maybe because I have many Addons !

Mike

On 18.9.2017 at 8:10 PM, paulb said:

...so I thought that I would take a flight over the English Channel in search of ships

Great shots, Paul !

And if you'd fly a Harrier, you can also land on one of them container ships. Remember, It has been done before :D

36 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Paul !

And if you'd fly a Harrier, you can also land on one of them container ships. Remember, It has been done before :D

Many thanks Bernd! :). Now that is a tempting thought.............;):D

1 hour ago, ozboater said:

Night of the Intruder

Night of the Intruder, or do you mean "Flight of the Intruder" ;)? In either case, I agree, these shots make me think of that book as well. What a great read too...may have to read that again, actually, it's been like 20 years since I read it. ^_^

6 hours ago, ozboater said:

Fantastic! Brilliant series.

Made me feel I was reading "Night of the Intruder" again.

Now I need to track down that ship package. It looks like a really fun addition.

Many thanks! Glad that you enjoyed it :). I am sure that you will have fun with the Ship Traffic package.

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Night of the Intruder, or do you mean "Flight of the Intruder" ;)? In either case, I agree, these shots make me think of that book as well. What a great read too...may have to read that again, actually, it's been like 20 years since I read it. ^_^

That reminds me of the sim that I used to enjoy Sniper ;).

CSQ0Hxt.jpg

Archived