Visiting Martyn's home

Martyn said to go to YSHT, Shepparton so I did.  I guess this is near his home in Oz.  Very nice area Martyn!  Then I flew on to my 17th (!!!) orbx airport this sale, YSTW, Tamworth.

Orb Global, Australia, YSTW, Trees, AS16 on, real time, fall, and all that good stuff.

Lots of shots, again I'm sorry, I've never been a one screenshot kind of guy. :P

rnptjD8.jpg

IoVmtQE.jpg

yDWbcc4.jpg

3pCQudh.jpg

bT6WxZO.jpg

The terrain and weather was very varied and beautiful along the way.  Several hundred miles if I recall.

wcmkCZz.jpg

xPdZgAx.jpg

Y1TMbDF.jpg

They were all still too dark so I changed the brightness from .65 to .70.  Adam, I need your help. :o

HEO2Ok7.jpg

cts7vwj.jpg

Beautiful cloud action here

ECUJTnf.jpg

hLNJaBA.jpg

gol3TIq.jpg

On ILS so I'm good...

SozWWKE.jpg

Cool buildings at Tamworth!

JrDb7kG.jpg

The next two are for you Mark

Cw3GGNP.jpg

vFiEDKp.jpg

Going around for a proper landing

XKyHC8O.jpg

3qVQlUh.jpg

569HJp5.jpg

TWaiqce.jpg

lrDOOXf.jpg

9hd8RwO.jpg

Rj4i4G5.jpg

I tried to lighten these

ggUvGcT.jpg

Cool! AI traffic after parking up

jFyIFC9.jpg

9 hours ago, BradB said:

At least Martyn will no who TP (toilet paper) his house , when he returns from his Holiday . :o:P:lol:

Cheers

John

:lol:  Uh oh, I'm caught! :P

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding shots Jack! :)

Thanks Adam!

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

4 hours ago, boetie said:

A great set Jack. I was worried the ILS would land you inverted:)

Cheers

Graeme

Thanks Graeme, I'd try it if I had one of those planes I've seen at airshows where they have the gear on the top and bottom.  They're tail draggers and he actually lands upside down.  I've seen it and loved it!

4 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Superfine series of shotz!

Thanks Erik, glad you liked them!

4 hours ago, rockliffe said:

What a great set of pics. I really enjoyed sharing your flight with you Jack. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Howard!  I'm glad you enjoyed my little tour.

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Now we just need to know which of these houes need a bit more careful gardener.

:lol:  Looks like he need to mow his lawn!

14 hours ago, paulb said:

Brilliant series of shots Jack! Well done my friend. :)

Thanks Paul!  Appreciate it!

Glorious set Jack, I hope you did not put a dent in my roof!

Had you done a right turnout you would have passed over Mooroopna which is 4km west of Shepparton.

Some excellent scenery on your flight and typical Jack flying over Tamworth.

Try flying something a bit lower and slower round Tamworth, there is some magnificent hilly scenery around there and it does not matter which way up you fly to view it.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2560 at 3:57 AM, Stillwater said:

Now we just need to know which of these houes need a bit more careful gardener.

My back yard looks like a junk heap with all my step sons bird cages in it, easy to spot from the air.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious set Jack, I hope you did not put a dent in my roof!

Had you done a right turnout you would have passed over Mooroopna which is 4km west of Shepparton.

Some excellent scenery on your flight and typical Jack flying over Tamworth.

Try flying something a bit lower and slower round Tamworth, there is some magnificent hilly scenery around there and it does not matter which way up you fly to view it.

My back yard looks like a junk heap with all my step sons bird cages in it, easy to spot from the air.

Thanks Martyn!  I was hoping you'd give me some pointers about the areas.  I've been to most of the states in this country but Australia is a whole nother ballgame.  I have a lot of exploring in all these news airports yet and on this flight, which was a long one, I really saw a lot of different terrain.  I loved it.

That's exactly what I plane doing with Tamworth, and all of them I bought, using a helicopter and doing a low and slow to enjoy the scenery.

Now, bird cages?  Does he collect birds?  What kinds?  Budgies?  Parrots?

Cheers Martyn and I hope Thailand is treating you right.

3 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great set Jack, I could almost hear Oz country singer Lee Kernaghan on his guitar as you came into Tamworth:)

Don  

Thanks Don, being that I'm from the USA I've never heard of this fella.  Is he pretty popular?  Is this where he's from?

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  Looks like he need to mow his lawn!

Thanks Paul!  Appreciate it!

Well but to mow the lawn you'll need your yellow upside down ceiling fan or we'll just renamed the yellow mowing machine. Outstanding shots Jack. No kidding keep'em coming.

10 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Yes Tamworth is the Oz home of country music Jack, they have a huge festival there every year. Lee is a big name in country  music here 

Well, being that I like Alan Jackson I'm sure I'd love to see him perform.  Wish I could beam myself over there!

9 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Well but to mow the lawn you'll need your yellow upside down ceiling fan or we'll just renamed the yellow mowing machine. Outstanding shots Jack. No kidding keep'em coming.

Thanks flyingleaf!  That STILL cracks me up! :lol:  You know, I've tried several times to hover upside down with it low over the ground but it just does not want to cooperate.  They must have modeled it correctly because I think it's impossible, believe me, I've tried!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  I was hoping you'd give me some pointers about the areas.  I've been to most of the states in this country but Australia is a whole nother ballgame.  I have a lot of exploring in all these news airports yet and on this flight, which was a long one, I really saw a lot of different terrain.  I loved it.

That's exactly what I plane doing with Tamworth, and all of them I bought, using a helicopter and doing a low and slow to enjoy the scenery.

Now, bird cages?  Does he collect birds?  What kinds?  Budgies?  Parrots?

Cheers Martyn and I hope Thailand is treating you right.

Thanks Jack, Thailand is treating me perfectly well so far but next week is time for some dental work so I will be glad when that part is over.

I have a pair of Yellow and Blue Macaws and he has 6 pairs of Eclectus Parrots and a pair of Double Yellowhead Amazons. Lucky the neighbours are happy to put up with the noise!

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Sound like a veritable place to be included into an "FTX bush experience pack", maybe we can motivate @Ken Hall B)!

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I have a pair of Yellow and Blue Macaws and he has 6 pairs of Eclectus Parrots and a pair of Double Yellowhead Amazons. Lucky the neighbours are happy to put up with the noise!

A picturesque description of how much the climate in Mooroopna is different from ours. Only crows, doves and owls would survive outside here...

there's a little bit of bush pack in many back yards, very nice set of shots there, Australia is getting a facelift at the moment. Don't ask for specifics but being the first Orbx region its getting some extra love.

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jack, Thailand is treating me perfectly well so far but next week is time for some dental work so I will be glad when that part is over.

14 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Fantastic set again Jack!

Wow!  They must be noisy, but I'd love it.  Those Macaws can live for almost 200 years right?  I read they outlive most owners.

9 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

there's a little bit of bush pack in many back yards, very nice set of shots there, Australia is getting a facelift at the moment. Don't ask for specifics but being the first Orbx region its getting some extra love.

Thanks Ken!  I didn't know that so now I'm really looking forward to it.  Don't need any specifics because I know that it'll be great, it always is.

8 hours ago, tom2rific said:

just amazing...never seen Australia look so good..even upside down..  :D

tom

Thanks Tom!  Even when you're upside down for a second or two.

33 minutes ago, Taph said:

Grand collection, as you were upside down, down under does that mean you were the right way up :rolleyes:

:lol:  That's hilarious Taph!  When I was a little kid I'll never forget seeing my first globe.  I always wondered about that, did the people in Australia know they're upside down?  And now that I'm in Georgia, am I sideways?  You brought back a good memory and gave me a good laugh Taph!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow!  They must be noisy, but I'd love it.  Those Macaws can live for almost 200 years right?  I read they outlive most owners.

:lol:  That's hilarious Taph!  When I was a little kid I'll never forget seeing my first globe.  I always wondered about that, did the people in Australia know they're upside down?  And now that I'm in Georgia, am I sideways?  You brought back a good memory and gave me a good laugh Taph!

The Macaws are very noisy, the Eclectus talk quite well and make many different noises and the Amazon breed must be one of the best mimics in the bird world. So when you have 14 birds all squawking together it is loud. Macaws can live 80 years. I think it is the Galapagos Giant Tortoise that can live over 200 years.

I too can remember at school we all wondered how the people down under managed as they were upside down.:)

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

The Macaws are very noisy, the Eclectus talk quite well and make many different noises and the Amazon breed must be one of the best mimics in the bird world. So when you have 14 birds all squawking together it is loud. Macaws can live 80 years. I think it is the Galapagos Giant Tortoise that can live over 200 years.

I too can remember at school we all wondered how the people down under managed as they were upside down.:)

With that many birds it must cause more racket than an F-4 in afterburner!  Do they settle down at night and do they talk to each other?

Well, at least I'm not alone about upside down thoughts in my youth.  :)  Amazing how gravity works isn't it?

The only time they make any noise at night Jack is when there is a cat about. Sometimes I am woken at 2am and have to get up and check that all is well. The Eclectus Parrots do actually copy each other and 2 of them mimic a wild cockatoo and galah.

I am at the moment at about 80 degrees to the vertical which means I keep hitting the side facing south to the ground which is a pleasant change from banging my head against a brick wall:huh::lol::lol:

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

The only time they make any noise at night Jack is when there is a cat about. Sometimes I am woken at 2am and have to get up and check that all is well. The Eclectus Parrots do actually copy each other and 2 of them mimic a wild cockatoo and galah.

I am at the moment at about 80 degrees to the vertical which means I keep hitting the side facing south to the ground which is a pleasant change from banging my head against a brick wall:huh::lol::lol:

LOL!  It must be funny to hear birds mimic each other, I wonder if they're actually having a conversation?

Banging you head against a brick wall?  But Down Under you'd be hanging by your feet right?

Where I'm at I'm sticking out sideways!  :lol:

Archived