OpenLC USA

dominique

8 minutes ago, dominique said:

Half the fun is in the wait and expectation !

Indeed! Especially since the wait is probably at least partially indicative of just how amazing this release is going to be! I'm really excited to see my home turf in all its OpenLC glory! :D

Just a point of clarification: Proper stock Landclass sections 1 meter x 1 meter will not eliminate freeways running over houses. Only real photographic ground texture corrects that.

Landclass still suffers from "eminent domain". What it does is place farming, industrial and residential areas where they should be. For me this is the next major advance for flight simulation. Yet another marquee product that sets a standard.

Perhaps ORBX will take a look at satellite and aerial photo sources and see if they can be used effectively as non-seasonal ground textures. Some of the stuff we see on Windows10 and Google is truly amazing, but I would bet it is terribly expensive.

I'm VERY excited about this new LC package, but just last night I was noticing how decent that Wisconsin looks with normal "Global" installed.

Still, this will be better!

But SO many "default" airports not yet touched by Orbx - and I can't get proper GA AI to work well (yet) - how can I land at an airport and not have the proper hangar layout, a few static planes, and the obligatory group of people grilling (with several ramshackle RVs parked nearby)?

Still, those changes will come with time, each freeware airport pack release brings us more airports - and maybe Orbx will be REALLY nice and release their awesome GA traffic package to cover all of the NA LC areas too?

10 hours ago, dansandiego said:

I check multiples times a day. It's really sad.

Sad, Dan :) ? You see, its like Xmas eve. Its 8 pm and you know that you've to wait until tomorrow early morning to get your presents. Are you sad that the clock moves ever so slowly  or just happy to know that there will be presents the next day ;) ? 

21 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Not forgetting that every post in every thread about possible release dates adds a day to the delay.  Damn!  I just added a day.  Sorry about that :-)

John,

you just invented the trickiest way to lock up a thread, the soft lock. :lol: 

We're not looking for the 'release date' John, we're wanting the release window ;)

Anyway as per big John (big cheese) post; are we still looking this week or? You know you just have to either nod or shake the head - that wouldn't really count as saying now...

Don't sweat it.  There are plenty of regions or LCEur to fly around.  I'm mostly doing the latter.  I don't fly around LC Can/Alaska much because most of my flights drift south over the U.S. border and that just ruins it for me...  It will be out soon enough.  ^_^

16 hours ago, dominique said:

Sad, Dan :) ? You see, its like Xmas eve. Its 8 pm and you know that you've to wait until tomorrow early morning to get your presents. Are you sad that the clock moves ever so slowly  or just happy to know that there will be presents the next day ;) ? 

It's sad I'm so obsessed that I can't stop looking throughout the day. But I do enjoy the excitement and buildup of that moment it will appear on the site and I can act like a little kid at Xmas! 

It's July 28 and OpenLC North America South isn't even listed on the product page as "coming soon" yet. Not to mention the fact that very few screenshots have been posted by beta testers.

This thing is at least another 2-3 weeks away.

Archived