Open LC NA Central America

Wow! Amazing shots. Clearly we are looking forward to much more than only the USA. I look forward to explore this first step in Latin America. Lots of places for great adventure packages too (maybe this can attract Ken and Tim for another adventure with bushstrips?).:)

Great stuff, what incredible detail in those volcanoes.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

So cool!!!

I have never once simmed in Central America, This will be a great experience and it looks like it's going to be a great place to sight see:)

Done several flights in the area Greg and amazed by the scenery, but this will improve it out of all recognition.

50 minutes ago, Juanvito said:

Holy moly that looks amazing. Are the volcanoes photoreal?

I was wondering the same. Volcanoes are extremly hard to cover in a landclass product because their shape and appearance is so variable. But those Screenshots are fantastic, and I'm much more interested in the central american region than the US to be honest. Could you please post some shots of volcanoes in Costa Rica, too? Namely the Arenal, Poas and Irazu? Would be great to see those in the same quality. 

1 hour ago, fabs79 said:

I was wondering the same. Volcanoes are extremly hard to cover in a landclass product because their shape and appearance is so variable. But those Screenshots are fantastic, and I'm much more interested in the central american region than the US to be honest. Could you please post some shots of volcanoes in Costa Rica, too? Namely the Arenal, Poas and Irazu? Would be great to see those in the same quality. 

Yes, these are photo real and are a blast to fly around.  I was hoping for the Conception volcano in Lake Nicaragua but there isn't any hi res aerial photos available.   So far the volcanoes in Costa Rica are not in PR but I'll ask Eugene if it's maybe possible to include one, but I don't want to add to the time before release!    I'll take a couple of shots in Mexico as a few are in PR there too.

1 hour ago, jordancollins said:

thats what I thought.

OLC NA does go as far south as Panama.

5 hours ago, KORDATC said:

I was also wondering if OLC NA inclides the lesser Antilles in the caribbean down to Trinidad?  Others have said that it includes PR, Hispaniola, etc. 

It goes down to TTPP Piarco Intl and TTCP Crown Point.  The Lesser Antilles are part of Venezuela so would be in the S America LC.   Not sure where Hispaniola is at other than a place in the Dominican Republic.

20 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

It goes down to TTPP Piarco Intl and TTCP Crown Point.  The Lesser Antilles are part of Venezuela so would be in the S America LC.   Not sure where Hispaniola is at other than a place in the Dominican Republic.

Good to know that we'll have all the caribbean islands down to Piarco.  I've always known the lesser antilles as the islands ranging from the virgin islands down to trinidad whereas puerto rico, hispaniola (the actual island comprising Dominican Republic and Haiti), Cuba, and Jamaica as the greater antilles.  The Netherlands Antilles now on the other hand I know are just off the coast of Venezuela.  As long as St. Lucia makes it in, I'm good to go as I fly down there regularly.

Regards,

Robert.

Hispaniola is the name of the island on which Haiti and the Dominican Republic are situated. The Lesser Antilles extend all the way south to Trinidad (TTPP) and Tobago (TTCP), so I guess that they are included in LC NA. The only question would be the Dutch islands of Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire, which are just off of the coast of Venezuela..

6 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

The Lesser Antilles are part of Venezuela   

hmmm, fortunately for them not really. You just made a lot of friends in France, in the UK and in the Netherlands not counting the eight small independent island States :lol: !

But if you cover down to T&T, you've included almost all of the Lesser Antilles. I couldn't be but more pleased ! Great island hopping in perspective. Great airports to be developped by the OrbX teams too. 

Great pics  ;)

This is amazing! Can someone post a screenshot of the dominican republic? (From the mountain areas in the center of the island please, if possible) i'm dominican so this makes it a first day purchase

Big news, it's coming soon!

So, if I understand correctly, the continental coverage ends at the Darien Gap, and all the little islands between Puerto Rico and Trinidad are included; but the ABC islands, Margarita and others around will be left to OpenLC SA.

On 19/7/2016 at 11:18 AM, Rob Abernathy said:

Yes, these are photo real and are a blast to fly around.  I was hoping for the Conception volcano in Lake Nicaragua but there isn't any hi res aerial photos available.   So far the volcanoes in Costa Rica are not in PR but I'll ask Eugene if it's maybe possible to include one, but I don't want to add to the time before release!    I'll take a couple of shots in Mexico as a few are in PR there too.

Awesome news, So happy that I'm finally going to be able to fly in my home country with even more ORBX quality!!. I recommend you the following places to fly in Nicaragua (the land of lakes and volcanoes):

- Ometepe Island (Includes Concepcion and Maderas Volcanoes)

- Masaya Volcano National Park ( With an active lava lake)

- Momotombo Volcano (In north of Managua's lake)

- San Cristobal Volcano (Chinandega city)

- Cosiguina Volcano (North of Chinandega)

- Mombacho Volcano (Granada, colonial city)

- The tropical side of the Country, the east coast with amazing rainforest.

- Corn Island and Little Corn Island

On 7/19/2016 at 11:18 AM, Rob Abernathy said:

Hope you include Costa Rica volcanoes soon, we have quite a few and what a beautiful landscapes they are. 

Archived