Open LC NA Central America

On 19/07/2016 at 6:18 PM, Rob Abernathy said:

OLC NA does go as far south as Panama.

That is a my Christmas present come in early. I assumed! it would stop after Mexico.

I cannot wait to get my virtual hands on this LC, I often fly in the central American region. Central America has some fantastic and challenging airports to fly into. I fly to El Salvador and Panama to visit my wife's family and can tell you the scenery is stunning, lots of volcanoes and mountains.

I have all of the LC released so far and absolutely love them, especially now that we do not have to switch anything in Orbx Central.

Hope the next image we get is a shot with the word "New" stamped in the upper left corner.                                                                                                                        

:rolleyes:

Well we know that we have a week or so left in best case, so maybe a few more shots just to work us into a good frenzy.... not a bad thing.

Or a coverage map.  Also not a bad thing, since folks (myself included) were not or are not aware that this thing extends all the way down to Panama and out into most of the Caribbean.

I must have gazed out a window & missed the boat here as regards Open LC Central America.

Orbx has Open LC Alaska/Canada released.

Open LC North America/"USA" is looming.

Open LC South America was mentioned a week or 2 back in the context of forward planning.

Open LC Central America came to my attention via Rob's recent shots 

I am presuming it is a separate product from Open LC North America/USA?

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, but could someone who has a handle on these Open LC areas describe the boundaries for Open LC North America/USA; Open LC Central America & Open LC South America? [ie - goes from here to here in the North, to X in the West etc etc]

I have Alaska & Canada figured out:)

Thanks

TTM

4 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

I must have gazed out a window & missed the boat here as regards Open LC Central America.

Orbx has Open LC Alaska/Canada released.

Open LC North America/"USA" is looming.

Open LC South America was mentioned a week or 2 back in the context of forward planning.

Open LC Central America came to my attention via Rob's recent shots 

I am presuming it is a separate product from Open LC North America/USA?

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, but could someone who has a handle on these Open LC areas describe the boundaries for Open LC North America/USA; Open LC Central America & Open LC South America? [ie - goes from here to here in the North, to X in the West etc etc]

I have Alaska & Canada figured out:)

Thanks

TTM

The upcoming OpenLC NA USA includes the US, Mexico, Central America down to Panama, and all of the Caribbean down to and including Trinidad and Tobago.  The only islands that are excluded are the Dutch Antilles (Aruba, Bonaire, & Curacao).  The only question I have is if Bermuda is included?  It's kind of an isolated island in the middle of the atlantic but it is a lot closer to the US then it is to Europe or Africa.  Would like to fly to an ORBX Bermuda from New York sometime.

Hi Guys, Lucky for me that I have a big birthday coming up(70) It looks like this scenery is going to be coming my way.

I was beginning to wonder if I was going to live long enough to see it... ;D

Russ

On 21.7.2016 at 6:39 AM, cmass said:

Hope you include Costa Rica volcanoes soon, we have quite a few and what a beautiful landscapes they are. 

You could even add a smoke or lava effect to some of them, the Arenal and Turrialba for example are highly active and have small eruptions on a regular basis.

17 minutes ago, JS07 said:

Is it Saturday in Australia yet?  Didn't John say maybe Saturday?  My credit card is smokin' ready to go.

This Saturday was maybe for the first release candidate....so hopefully use the credit card by next Saturday. :)

22 hours ago, KORDATC said:

The upcoming OpenLC NA USA includes the US, Mexico, Central America down to Panama, and all of the Caribbean down to and including Trinidad and Tobago.  The only islands that are excluded are the Dutch Antilles (Aruba, Bonaire, & Curacao).  The only question I have is if Bermuda is included?  It's kind of an isolated island in the middle of the atlantic but it is a lot closer to the US then it is to Europe or Africa.  Would like to fly to an ORBX Bermuda from New York sometime.

Kordatc

My interpretation of your comment is that Open LC NA Central America is not a separate product from the upcoming NA USA release, but rather a subset.

TTM

33 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Kordatc

My interpretation of your comment is that Open LC NA Central America is not a separate product from the upcoming NA USA release, but rather a subset.

TTM

That is correct!

On 7/22/2016 at 2:51 PM, KORDATC said:

The upcoming OpenLC NA USA includes the US, Mexico, Central America down to Panama, and all of the Caribbean down to and including Trinidad and Tobago.  The only islands that are excluded are the Dutch Antilles (Aruba, Bonaire, & Curacao). 

I am very happy that Central America and the Caribbean is included, and release is imminent!

Being Dutch, of course I regret that Dutch Antilles (Caribbean!) seems excluded, although I understand you have to draw a line somewhere.

I will buy it anyway :P

Very interesting indeed!  Anyways glad to see that the Dutch Antilles are included.  The Dutch antilles are unique amongst the Caribbean islands in that they are more of a desert instead of lush rainforest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2016 at 10:36 AM, fabs79 said:

You could even add a smoke or lava effect to some of them, the Arenal and Turrialba for example are highly active and have small eruptions on a regular basis.

Exactly, that would be nice. 

Archived