YMML Melbourne International V3 coming

John Venema

Hello everyone,

A question that has often been asked is 'will you update YMML one of these days?'.

Well the good news is that the guys at Turbulent Designs have begun work on YMML Version 3, a major update of this iconic airport which will feature the following improvements:

• Full ground poly for super crisp imagery at all gates, aprons and taxiways
  • The new Terminal 4 and Transport Hub
  • The new Control Tower
  • Improved performance by optimisation
  • Improved PeopleFlow and static objects
  • Simultaneous release for FSX, P3Dv1/2/3 and also a version for FSX:Steam Edition via DTG 

This is a large project to undertake and we hope to have it completed by the middle of the year if not sooner. There will be an upgrade fee of AU$9.95 (£5.00 US$7.00 €6.50) for all existing owners of YMML V1 or V2. This upgrade offer will only be available for a month after release.

Here's some of the improvements planned (from the official airport site):

2aca63856dd48a26009f7e6cf971f388.jpg

ae9ffa7dbc0e7110962dcc25ed3ff293.jpg

We will show beta screenshots when it's in testers hands.

YMML was the first airport I bought (along with AU Blue and AU Gold) when I got back into flight simming in 2011 after years away from it.  My daughter was heading over to Warrnambool for her senior year of uni and I wanted to experience the airport she'd be flying into (my wife and I flew in 7 months later).  Needless to say, this has a very special place in my library and I am really looking forward to v3.

Think I might even wait a month and pay the full price - that upgrade price is a steal... Great decision to go back to Australia!

Cheers

Mallard

PS - any plans for a YBBN v2??? :ph34r:

EDIT - I guess I can also get the full version from day one :D

Great to read this! YMML was my second airport (after YBBN if I remember well) when I discovered ORBX existed! Great to know it'll have a great price as well!

P.S. Can you tell us if YBBN v.2 is in your plans? I can say It's my favorite airport in Australia...!

I'll certainly be snapping up YMML v3 the day it is released!  About the existing Orbx YBBN airport, which hasn't yet been upgraded for P3Dv2/v3, I wonder if it would be more efficient to use Orbx's resources to implement YBBN v2 than to try to upgrade YBBN v1. :)

This does assume there is something about YBBN v1 that makes porting to P3Dv2/3 difficult.

YBBN will be P3Dv3 ready soon. The main reason for selecting YMML for an upgrade is its lack of ground poly and the substantial upgrades made to the airport over the past four years. YMML is truly a "bits and pieces airport", it has about a dozen different styles of aerobridge, five distinct architectural styles and about the dirtiest stained concrete aprons in the modern world. Martin Henare's original attention to detail in his modeling still survives today and an enormous amount of work went into the texturing with very little repeating textures across the whole site.

Having a Turbulent Designs quality ground poly will be icing on the cake, I can't wait to see how the guys interpret the 30GB of 7cm source imagery! In P3Dv3.x it will look pretty special I'd say.

Fantastic news! AU and YMML were my first revelation in FSX after years of the boring standard landscape in the rest of the world. And of course very good news for YBBN. I'm missing it since I left FSX. Yesterday I installed the updated version of YSTW in P3Dv3. This one I bought very quickly after AU and YMML and as I saw the nice looking terminal after installing...  after three years of absence..:D. I enjoyed it very much! From the airports I'm missing since FSX only YBBN and YBAS are left. I'm looking very forward to them!

cheers Kai

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 1:54 AM, KaiUweWeiss said:

Yesterday I installed the updated version of YSTW in P3Dv3. This one I bought very quickly after AU and YMML and as I saw the nice looking terminal after installing...  after three years of absence..:D. I enjoyed it very much!

A quick question, has there been substantial changes to YSTW and if so are they available to FSX users?

Thanks

Ken

Penguin,

I see your a Newbie so probably not aware of how ORBX releases software which is "When it's Ready" no BETA's, just finished, excellent software after being tested fully.  If problems arise after release patches or updates follow.

• John Venema unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2016 at 1:11 AM, spud said:

Penguin,

I see your a Newbie so probably not aware of how ORBX releases software which is "When it's Ready" no BETA's, just finished, excellent software after being tested fully.  If problems arise after release patches or updates follow.

OK, i used to have an old account and i lost it, so i'm not new but I was not aware of this.

Hello All,

Great stuff JV. I remember when I first purchased YMML from ORBX, wow, it was awesome then. More than happy to pay for the upgrade,

given the hard work the team at ORBX has to accomplish. Thank you JV for letting us all know.

Regards

Sam

Today I just purchase both FTX sp4 in order to be able to install melbourne airport, the airport is not as good as what I have expected, very low quality to compare to Sydney airport scenery from Flytampa, below is my order number.

Order Number: FSS0472148
Order Date: 2016-03-30

One thing I  don't understand is in order to install YMML i have to spend extra money to purchase  the SP4 which turn out a complete disappointed, this is  an honest feedback to you.

I can say the really top notch airport addon is sydney from flytampa , no extra expenses for other installer.

hope this will be able to give a constructive feedback

1 hour ago, zulk said:

Today I just purchase both FTX sp4 in order to be able to install melbourne airport, the airport is not as good as what I have expected, very low quality to compare to Sydney airport scenery from Flytampa, below is my order number.

Order Number: FSS0472148
Order Date: 2016-03-30

One thing I  don't understand is in order to install YMML i have to spend extra money to purchase  the SP4 which turn out a complete disappointed, this is  an honest feedback to you.

I can say the really top notch airport addon is sydney from flytampa , no extra expenses for other installer.

hope this will be able to give a constructive feedback

Hi Zulk

I can't understand how you can say that the Australia SP4 is a disappointment.  It completely transforms how Australia looks, over 10 million square kilometres of it.

YMML V2 that you purchased is older technology now and by the latest standards it can be a bit disappointing.  However, V3 is being developed, which should fix most of the issues that are apparent when compared to today's latest developments.

In order to get the best advice it is a good idea to post a couple of screenshots so that we can understand what you are seeing.

Zulk, you may not be aware of it but FTXAUSP4 is not just for YMML alone but is for ALL Australian airports that ORBX have released. I would not know how good FT Sydney is as I have never bothered to buy it. Maybe one day when I get a decent increase in my age pension I might consider it.

ORBX have released about 20 Australian airports, both payware and freeware. All airports have been designed to match AUSP4. OZx have also released 4 packages of Australian airstrips that also fit in with SP4. For your information this is the third version of YMML that ORBX have released. Do you have either of the 2 previous releases of YMML? Obviously not otherwise you would not have said what you have about Melbourne. YMML is one of the earliest airports released by ORBX.

Thanks Pat and John,

I have ORBX for North America with Bela Coola and squamish those two products are real top notch no doubt about it , surprise the melbourne airport was so much lower quality, I can understand that it could developed by using older system, but at least there is a patch.

However I am waiting for the Version 3, everything is for good feedback.

Cheers

Zulk

Archived