planes bought then not used?

miloguy

Yes, but not many. I think I own only one plane which I wish I could have gotten a refund for and which was a total waste of money for me. All others I used at least a few times. The last three years or so I only buy planes after carefully checking them out (as far as possible) and then I stick to that one plane for months and months.

hi guys, have you spent money on planes then not used them??

Yes, tons. Mostly I use a plane for a video feature and then never fly it again. For actual flying, I've mostly used the Realair Scout for five years. I've recently invested in the Aerosoft Twin Otter so will likely fly that a fair bit.

a lot,but shit happens...........you live only ones............

but i am angry when i pay for a plane i like,and can´t use it,because it is bugy,and can not use  on multiplayer because it flood the server,and when you want the money back,nothing happen,and they do no fix for that.......i have some helis and some planes wat i can´t use for my flying

HaHa!! :D

I also have a few planes I don't use as much as I should.

I use FSPassengers, as I move up the pilot ranks I try to buy planes (in game) I am qualified for and have one at all of my FTX Airports, that way it gives me a reason to fly my entire fleet. I only use GA  planes (mostly for bush flying) so some of my fleet are hanger queens for a while I guess :P

Happy flights!

I will take the planes you guys are not using seriously...lol

I did buy some Carenado planes - only one I use the most tend to be 337 and King Air 200 but I dunno they all are just eye candy by these guys.  Just not buying Carenado/Alabeo stuff (unless it is on insane sale)

Oh yeah, plenty LOL. Not just planes though. Scenery too. Buy it, visit it once, and never go there again. That's why I settled on ORBX products, you can't not fly in it LOL. Oh except for Central Rockies, I STILL haven't had a real good look round there yet.

I think I must have at least 12 planes that I installed, looked at, and uninstalled emediately. Plus several that are still installed, and I never use. I've even bought planes that friends have, just so I can see them in what they fly on multi player. It's all part of it I guess.

One in particular for me, the Justflight Connie.

I love the Connie, it's a legendary aircraft, but the texturework is just old. It's not bad, but is just old. I also still haven't learned to navigate by VOR. To be fair, it's an older addon and still does everything you'd expect it to do. 

I'd like to try retexturing the interior some time, it'd be very worthwhile because as I said, a legend like the Connie only comes around once in awhile!

Two or three. I haven't made time yet to settle into the A2A Stratocruiser. I recently got the Anson, which will get time in due course. Only had one flight in the Metro III and A/F F4U so far. They'll get more. And the other one, slightly inexplicably, is the Milviz 737 which I'd pre-ordered! Can't think of any others. My excuse is that I have an 18 month old rug rat who points at the monitor and goes 'Oh. Plane.' and then wants to 'help'. But do you think this stops me queuing up a shopping list? AN-2, FSL A320 when it's out, PMDG DC-6 ditto, a King Air of some sort, QW73CL, and, and, and...

Mike

Oh yeah. Made the mistake of buying some planes from a chinese adding machine. Flew them very little, uninstalled them and never looked back.

It happens. I have a large fleet, and the bird can depend on the mood.

8)

Sue

I have a few Carenado that fly pretty much like default FSX but I got wise early, and now I only own PMDG and A2A and Real Air. Seriously its impossible to fly anything else...except of course the twotter

No more planes for me would much rather burn cash on good scenery that I know will get used

I have a few Carenado that fly pretty much like default FSX but I got wise early.....

Agreed, though some of their later GA offerings like the Baron were nice they're still way off the Duke.  For me I have a whole lot of planes I don't fly that I own, pretty much every one of Carenados GA planes and a lot of JustFlights planes too.  Probably easier to say out of the 40 or so addon planes I own the only ones I have installed are from A2A, RealAir, Aerosofts Catalina and Twin Otter Extended.

I have a bunch of Carenado-planes that I never use anymore - after I discovered A2A my demands are very strict indeed. The Twin Otter Extended and the Flight1 Super King Air are two planes that are almost on par with A2A. 

In time I might get a PMDG-plane, but never again shall I get any more eye-candy planes. I want realism and proper systems managing. (And superb succulent sound, as A2A are famous for)

oh man, where do I start.

PMDG B1900C/D - replaced with Carenado B1900D

a lot of Carenado's older stuff.

I have tons of them. I think the worst as far as money down the drain is PMDG 737NGX 6-900 and the 777 - love these planes but just can't make myself hit the books and study enough to fly them. I'm just more of a turboprop/GA guy.

I don't fly the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended - to much fuss for start up etc and I can't make myself use the cheats, If I don't do it 100% realistically I don't do it at all.

Majestic Dash 8 - to complicated.

I'm trying to focus on just a few birds anyway right now, its more realistic.

I think the funniest thing about myself is that I tend to purchase planes based on a commercial viewpoint. How fast does it travel, how many passengers can I haul, could I use it for charter work, how? what role would it play? etc etc.

I don't fly the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended - to much fuss for start up etc and I can't make myself use the cheats, If I don't do it 100% realistically I don't do it at all.

Starting the Twin Otter is easy - masters on, fuel pump, starter, fuel. Then the other engine. It doesn't get much easier than that! I don't think you're expected to go through all the runup checks every flight. (And let's face it, there's little point in doing them at all because nothing ever fails.)

also i have a few payware planes and helis i want use,but  i can´t use them for onlineflying.........because they flood the servers,and i am very disapointed about that,and more dispointed when the manufactor did not fix that,so they lost a custumer :-[

so now i check before i buy,if it not work ,bo buy.........

Where do I start......!   Was an avid FS9 user for years and did not "cross over" to FSX until recently when I discovered Orbx!  Now I have the equivalent of the Tucson Davis-Monthan aircraft park sitting on my other PC!  I would hate to look closely at what I have spent on FS9 stuff over the years. 

Kev

Archived