Share your desk / cockpit setup here!

Daniel Taylor

Some info on 737 cockpits

http://www.simworld.pl/shop/index.php?cPath=18&osCsid=5c676c4703563e1e639e6b35545b6d29

http://www.revolution-simproducts.com/PROSIM.html

Looking at the next picture you can judge the width of a 737 cockpit by measuring the MCP and extrapolating I get about 1.8 to 2 meters width.

http://www.pacificsimulators.com/

http://www.hispapanels.com/tienda/index.php?id_category=6&controller=category&id_lang=1

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/

And some comments on the size of a room to house your 737 pit

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=3579.0

and finally

http://www.jetpits.com/catalog737.htm

Hope this is of some use.

Regards

Ken

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After working our arses off establishing our business for five years my treasurer(wifey) and I decided to give ourselves a treat. Guess what I where my treat headed?

0XSr3.jpg

ROdPQ.jpg

KIPZe.jpg

My thanks to Ken Terry - I duplicated quite a bit of his set up. More work to be done but I'm too busy flying!

::)

Here are nice setups and so i thought i would post mine :)

The first on is my GAT setup. Im using the Saitek Cessna yoke with the multi + switch panel and the combat rudder pedals. Evrything is tied up on to the Wheelstand Pro its a very handy constructon made in poland.

The second picture shows my helicopter setup. There is only the flight stick ATM. am waiting for the collective :) The stick is made by Komodo Sim.

For fighterjets i still use the TM Thrustmaster Warthog stick. My display generator is a small LG 720p beamerlockated in front of the Warthog thrust lever quadrant. It gives a good picture but could be full HD and a bit brighter.

GshtB.jpg

MlX8Z.jpg

Graeme that is a fantastic setup, I'm not jealous at all!!!

That's the sort of thing that I would love to have in my spare room,,

Simon

Simon - I would love to have a spare room! I'll have to wait a few years before I can kick one of the kids out :)

Graeme and Mickey,

Great setups guys.  Graeme, I would be mad having my setup where you do as I like my sound up loud to feel the rumbles!  Mickey, glad to see you utilizing the Komodo gear, Rich has worked very hard on those and I know the quality is top notch.  I have been gathering mental notes for years and I am now at the stage where I am going to build a box/room sim in the garage, similar to what Tuisong has set up.  A 2 seat setup that is encased and I am also going to add aircon and soundproofing as well as wheels to make it moveable.  I am just starting to accumulate wood for the shell build, but once I start making the frame I think I will start a little thread here just for fun as I know people love to follow along with builds :)

Mikey, great setup, please show a photo of the cockpit from the pilots eye view of the setup and the view into the screen.

Also can you give details of where you sourced the Cyclic and Collective for your future Helicopter rig?

Regards

Ken

I built myself a home cockpit. It's an easy one and very cheap. Hope you like it, 

8r4Ensx.jpg 

I am using a small monitor for gauges which is 15.6 inch BenQ. I also have an iPad for moving map which I didn't insert into black panel but I might do that later, because I have space.  

ilnLtVT.jpg

I've built black panel from 7mm polistiren board. It's hiding all cables inside and portable actually.

e2MigZU.jpg

I am using 1080p BenQ projector for main screen. I've put screen to wall and projector is 2 m behind me at ceiling. My screen is about 60inch.

vJJicFN.jpg 

Since I need to make it dark for using projector, it becomes difficult to read charts and manuals. So, I've put some led stripes to give me enough light for reading.  

Graeme and Mickey,

Great setups guys.  Graeme, I would be mad having my setup where you do as I like my sound up loud to feel the rumbles!  Mickey, glad to see you utilizing the Komodo gear, Rich has worked very hard on those and I know the quality is top notch.  I have been gathering mental notes for years and I am now at the stage where I am going to build a box/room sim in the garage, similar to what Tuisong has set up.  A 2 seat setup that is encased and I am also going to add aircon and soundproofing as well as wheels to make it moveable.  I am just starting to accumulate wood for the shell build, but once I start making the frame I think I will start a little thread here just for fun as I know people love to follow along with builds :)

Hello Ryan,

yes it brought a whole new feeling into FS helicopter handling. It is now way more precise. I ordered the AS350 collective now too. Im really looking forward to fly with the complete setup. :)

Your plan sounds very intersting have you seen this thread over @ hovercontrol

that will be my last step in simulator setup 180° 2 beamer visual. As i dont have a big gerage i gotta stick with my office ;)

Mikey, great setup, please show a photo of the cockpit from the pilots eye view of the setup and the view into the screen.

Also can you give details of where you sourced the Cyclic and Collective for your future Helicopter rig?

Regards

Ken

Hello Ken,

of corse i can take some pics from the pilots view. You gotta wait a few days as im on duty right now. Maybe i try a gopro vid so you can see me "in action" ATM i use my Warthog throttle as a collective. Im waiting for the Komodo sim AS350 collective. When this arrives i plan to make a gopro vid too.

Ryan stated the Richards website above and you can follow his progress on different helicopter flight controls on facebook.

I wrote a review about the stick here

Ryan, on the rare occasion that I'm home alone the 5.1 is maxed. I have two speakers under my seat at the rear. Im considering putting the bass woofer under my seat to try and get the buttkicker effect :)

Ryan, on the rare occasion that I'm home alone the 5.1 is maxed. I have two speakers under my seat at the rear. Im considering putting the bass woofer under my seat to try and get the buttkicker effect :)

This works! Many don't worry a lot about sound however several hundred dollars  invested is repaid a 100 times over in immersion.

I built myself a home cockpit. It's an easy one and very cheap. Hope you like it, 

8r4Ensx.jpg 

I am using a small monitor for gauges which is 15.6 inch BenQ. I also have an iPad for moving map which I didn't insert into black panel but I might do that later, because I have space.  

ilnLtVT.jpg

I've built black panel from 7mm polistiren board. It's hiding all cables inside and portable actually.

e2MigZU.jpg

I am using 1080p BenQ projector for main screen. I've put screen to wall and projector is 2 m behind me at ceiling. My screen is about 60inch.

vJJicFN.jpg 

Since I need to make it dark for using projector, it becomes difficult to read charts and manuals. So, I've put some led stripes to give me enough light for reading.  

I use a blue light to see maps and for vatsim details, it works well and doesn't effect the projector light much

Good morning people, well in the pacific region at least.

I'm a keen simmer and build my own set ups and I'm also vice chair of 909 Peregrine squadron air cadets based in West Kelowna, B.C. Canada.

Our cadet year has just finished and it is my mission, for next cadet year beginning in September, to raise funds for a suitable trainer they can practice on.

I'm also a chippie so if anyone knows of any plans for a Cessna cockpit, I'll have a look at that also.

Kind regards

Mark

This works! Many don't worry a lot about sound however several hundred dollars  invested is repaid a 100 times over in immersion.

I use a blue light to see maps and for vatsim details, it works well and doesn't effect the projector light muc

Thanks for the tip pal, I'll try blue light.

Good Day,

Here is my humble offering of a home built cockpit. It is not quite finished yet as I still need to build a steel frame and build the main display.

DSCF0403.jpg

Regards,

Saul.

That is a great setup Saul. I bet you can't wait to get your main screen up.

That is a great setup Saul. I bet you can't wait to get your main screen up.

Yes you guessed it. I'm saving up for a good dislpay system now... and then I will weld a steel frame to house all. I'll post further photos when is completed.

Regards,

Saul.

Graeme,

Have a look at the buttkicker website, for under $100 you can get a pretty awesome solution. I built a Bell 206 commercial sim and we put one under each seat and the FAA examiners that certified it almost jumped out of their chairs when the turbine start kicked in :)

Does it work with all aircraft or just 737s.I am looking for an FMC which i can use with my quality wings 146 as well as 737s and any other airliner i wish to fly.

Stu

While I haven't tried with other aircraft, I think it only works with the PMDG. The driver interfaces with the NGX via their SDK.

My MCP on the otherhand (by CPFlight) will interface with other aircraft.

Hi Stu,

I was contemplating between a multi monitor setup and a TV and decided to go with a Samsung 40" FHD as it was cheaper than 3 displays and used up less space. Also I figured with TrackIR (which is really amazing!) a single large display would be good enough.

The TrackIR sits about 8 inches above the top of my head and admittedly I was worried it would not work and purchased the trackclip pro as well. But surprisingly it does work well even with the standard reflective detector.

Cheers

DDJ

Newbie, great setup.

Two questions, 1 the Saitek Pro Flight Instrument Panel (PFIP) top left has a display I can't get on mine, what is it?

Perhaps I need to download the latest driver.

2 Can you get a PFD display on one of your PFIPs?

I usually set my PFIPs to PFD, Compass and HSI as I only have three and this give me the best dials.

Regards

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thank you. The gauge on the top left is the Cessna airspeed indicator. Saitek has 3 new Cessna gauges which you can download from http://www.saitek.com/uk/blog/index.php/3-new-cessna-flight-instrument-panels-to-download/ , the downloader includes detailed instructions on how to install the new gauges. There is also another great blog site with amazing gauges but I have not had a chance to play around with them, take a look at ;http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/tag/saitek-fip/ .

Yes I do have the PFD by default but the resolution is poor. SImviation has a few options including one listed on this page; http://simviation.com/1/browse-FS+Gauges-124-3 . Have not had time to try any of them out yet.

You guys have some pretty impressive setups there. I wish I had the skills and money. Meanwhile I will enjoy looking and your pictures and keep on dreaming.  :)

Ditto - Maybe I can get a "greeter" job at Walmart.

Archived