This Week's Meaningless Topic (#181)(Feb 23)

Hi all. The other day I went to use my little Swiss Army pocketknife and couldn't find it. I figured I must have left it in my pants pocket when I hung the pants up, but it wasn't there either. Suddenly, I felt a deep sense of loss. I always have my Swiss Army knife in my pocket, along with wallet. Chapstick, and keys. Later, after ordering a new knife, I found the old one. So the new one is now in my wife's purse. The episode made me realize how thoroughly attached I am to my normal pocket contents. And that brings us to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What items are absolutely essential pocket items for you?

• Like 6

I don't have any essentials but whenever I put my hand in my pocket there are always a couple of doggy poo bags. Actually, I suppose they are essential (for the dog, not me)

:)

Graeme 

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, boetie said:

I don't have any essentials but whenever I put my hand in my pocket there are always a couple of doggy poo bags. Actually, I suppose they are essential (for the dog, not me)

:)

Graeme 

Sheesh!! ---- reminds me of the days long ago when I found a couple of billiard balls in there:rolleyes:

• Haha 7

Generally the usual: wallet, keys and phone.  But puttering about the house, just as likely to have a utility knife, screwdriver, and a half dozen all purpose screws (actually sheet rock screws, I use them for almost everything.

At work, add to the usual a pocket watch in one vest pocket, and a pen knife (actually a bit like the Swiss Army Knife kit has little scissors too) in another.

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Sheesh!! ---- reminds me of the days long ago when I found a couple of billiard balls in there:rolleyes:

Pocket pool?   lol

Same as  you Rodger.  I'd rather leave my wallet at home than my pocket knife.  I see you kept your old Swiss knife and gave your wife the new one.......I'm pretty attached to my Old Timer pocket knife.  Mumbuly Peg anyone?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

usually just my phone and a bunch of keys for whichever job we may be on.......oh and always a hanky(?), me mum always made sure I had one growing up and it's continued all my life...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, wain71 said:

usually just my phone and a bunch of keys for whichever job we may be on.......oh and always a hanky(?), me mum always made sure I had one growing up and it's continued all my life...

I also have a hanky. When I forget, I get blood under

my fingernails and a nose bleed. Don't know why.:huh:

cheers

Gumby

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wain71 said:

No no no no no no. Sorry Wayne, a handkerchief has always grossed me out. Carrying a  sno..... filled rag in my pocket? No thanks. We've moved on. We now have disposable one use tissues that we can dispose of without carrying around in our pocket. When I see a gent ( if rarely, and NEVER a woman) using a handkerchief... Ewe. just my thoughts..... Hopefully the handkerchiefs aren't in the washing machine with my delicates :)

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, boetie said:

No no no no no no. Sorry Wayne, a handkerchief has always grossed me out. Carrying a  sno..... filled rag in my pocket? No thanks. We've moved on. We now have disposable one use tissues that we can dispose of without carrying around in our pocket. When I see a gent ( if rarely, and NEVER a woman) using a handkerchief... Ewe. just my thoughts..... Hopefully the handkerchiefs aren't in the washing machine with my delicates :)

Graeme I'm with Wayne. A hanky has many uses.

After a day or two you can use the other side wipe your bum

on it if your desperate and stuck on a bus, or use a key with your

hanky and clean your ears out. Then at the end of the week throw it

in the wash with the tea towels.

They are very versatile.👍 

cheers

Gumby

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, boetie said:

5 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Graeme I'm with Wayne. A hanky has many uses.

After a day or two you can use the other side wipe your bum

on it if your desperate and stuck on a bus, or use a key with your

hanky and clean your ears out. Then at the end of the week throw it

in the wash with the tea towels.

They are very versatile.👍 

cheers

Gumby

guys you 2 have cracked me up, I started laughing out loud but was working in the lounge of an OAP place, startled a few residents for sure, at least I know they are still with us...

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 3

Yeah, keys , wallet, sawn off shotgun and thirty rounds, but I never go out much 'cos my pants are usually around my ankles, I never found a belt strong enough to hold the weight......

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

Reminds me of the Hobbit - sadly don't have the one ring to find them all etc in my pocket!

For me something which is big enough to not fall through the holes in the pockets of the trousers that my dear lady wife says are ready to bin.

The ones I think are just getting to be comfortable :rollmyeyes:

All the best,

John

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

Reminds me of the Hobbit - sadly don't have the one ring to find them all etc in my pocket!

For me something which is big enough to not fall through the holes in the pockets of the trousers that my dear lady wife says are ready to bin.

The ones I think are just getting to be comfortable :rollmyeyes:

All the best,

John

At my house those types of bin ready outerwear are called "gardening clothes".  8)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3