This Week's Meaningless Topic (#121)(Dec 30)

Hi all. As 2022 draws to a close, many news sources will use their year's final issue to look back over the past year and clear the way for the new one. I've looked back over the 2022 Meaningless Topics and discovered a core group of twenty or so who have faithfully chimed in and made this a fun thread to do. I want to thank you guys for the forum friendship. I also found that around 190 folks regularly stop by to say howdy without speaking up, and I also want to thank you who have silently added to the mix. All who contribute to Meaningless Topics are much appreciated!

As for this week's topic, we cannot ignore the year-end tendency to mean well and make resolutions, most of which will be broken within a few days. I thought we might be more realistic here, and thus this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What pleasurable habit to you resolve not to change for 2023?

• Like 6

I am not giving up LIVING - because I realise that in my 88th year I can't have much time left so it's

up to me to make the best of what time is still available to me - my wife - my large family  - and my computer

and of course - Orbx Forums :D

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Flight simulation, sports, drinking red wine, travelling. Posting comparison shots in the screenshot forum. Following the business success of the Mule Team Air Services. And visiting this meaningless forum topic as soon as a new issue comes up every week.

Have a good start into the new year, and let 2023 bring more peace than this one.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

I am going to continue to stay sober (48 years and counting) and buy rounds for the rest of you guys. Somebody around here has to drive you all home! :)

I think you’ll be a busy man Rodger, thank you none the less!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Somebody around here has to drive you all home!

Not necessarily..........

One night a police officer was staking out a particularly rowdy bar for possible DUI violations. At closing time, he saw a fellow stumble out of the bar, trip on the curb and try his keys on five different cars before he found his. The man sat in the front seat fumbling around with his keys for several minutes.
Meanwhile, all the other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started his engine and began to pull away, and the police officer was waiting for him. As soon as he pulled onto the street, the officer stopped him, read him his rights and administered the breathalyzer test to determine his blood-alcohol content.
To the cop's amazement, the results showed a reading of 0.0!
The puzzled officer demanded to know how that could be.
The driver replied, "Tonight, I'm the designated decoy."

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

My morning kiss with my wife, my first cuppa, and visiting the Orbx forums.  The meaningless topics section has been an endless fountain of fun.  Many thanks Roger and all who come by for a "beer".  :ph34r:    Happy New Year to all.  :D

Here's to seeing new projects from Orbx this year.  clink

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

My morning kiss with my wife, my first cuppa, and visiting the Orbx forums.  The meaningless topics section has been an endless fountain of fun.  Many thanks Roger and all who come by for a "beer".  :ph34r:    Happy New Year to all.  :D

Here's to seeing new projects from Orbx this year.  clink

Hear! Hear!  I agree with this sentiment, and the all others!

My wish, addition to all of this:

I continue to crack jokes that causes my wife to succumb to fits of laughter, that no one else can understand.

To whit:  the last several nights we've been at work at our museum roasting chestnuts (over an open fire). Before roasting, chestnuts must be scored or they'll burst with a resounding POP!

Now, at 10:30 on New Year's Eve, firecrackers are popping off in the distance all evening.  Rather annoying!  Wife walks in from the kitchen, makes a sour face at the noise.  I comment "they didn't score the chestnuts". Laughter! Tension relieved! (Doubt anyone else would get it).  

Peace, Joy, Good Health, and some Laughter to all this New Year.

Ken

• Like 4