Roland's changing face

VH-KDK

Splendid set KDK.

I recall the murder from the health professional. Weird.:huh:

They had a couple of years ago a Drive-In movie that was

shown over the face of the Mountain in which was projected in large screen, which

was very successful. There was talk about having a Cable Car

going up the Mountain. But Tassie being Tassie, I think was rejected.:(

cheers

Gumby

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Very cool shots, Martyn. I agree with you that some of the weather presets in default MSFS overly expose the screen. And some others make the screen look darker than necessary. That is why I either fly with live weather or like you with SoFly.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Splendid set KDK.

I recall the murder from the health professional. Weird.:huh:

They had a couple of years ago a Drive-In movie that was

shown over the face of the Mountain in which was projected in large screen, which

was very successful. There was talk about having a Cable Car

going up the Mountain. But Tassie being Tassie, I think was rejected.:(

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby.

I had never heard of the murder but what a screen for a drive in. I hope the movie was good.

I dont like the idea of a cable car myself as it would spoil the natural beauty of Roland but that is my opiniom.

I never tired of seeing the mountain when I visited the north ,many years ago.:)

11 hours ago, boetie said:

That is a beautiful location Martyn - I've never heard of it! Didn't need the morbid revelation. I've got to check it out.

Cheers

Graeme :)

I like the mountain Graeme but I never visited it when I stayed in the area. 

Sadly these morbid things happen, someting to do with human nature.:(

8 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Great comparaison of weather&Sky types. But for me the #1 shot situation is my favourite. #2.3 and 5 isn't my taste but #4 looks very dramatic and scary for flying.

Thank you. I am the same as you with #1 being my favourite. My flying is mostly in fine weather such as this but I think #4 would rapidly end with a sore nose!:o

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Some ominous images and background Martyn, but also some very pleasant and nice ones too. The Vans R-14 is great for sightseeing. And, I always enjoy mountain views :) 

Landon

Thanks Landon, it was an interesting exercise for me. Like you I enjoy the mountains and also find the Vans the perfect plane for touring.:)

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Very cool shots, Martyn. I agree with you that some of the weather presets in default MSFS overly expose the screen. And some others make the screen look darker than necessary. That is why I either fly with live weather or like you with SoFly.

Thanks Bernd. I will have to give the live weather a try.:)

10 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Nice shots Martyn,  :) I am also searching for the weather to cover the sun in MSFS but as soon as I have a lot of clouds 

it's too dark on the ground. I guess I need to invest more time there... 

Thanks Andreas.:)

Such a basic and important part of the sim yet it is in my opinion (which doesn't count for much) poorly done.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent post Martyn.  Great shots.  But is that the FPS reading in the upper left?  If so how do you put it there?

Thanks.

Cheers Jack, I like the ease the weather and time of day can be changed in 2020.

All they need now are decent clouds and the other big gripe of many of us to do with the sun.

Yes it is the FPS 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Jack, I like the ease the weather and time of day can be changed in 2020.

All they need now are decent clouds and the other big gripe of many of us to do with the sun.

Yes it is the FPS 

Sadly I had to uninstall GeForce Experience because the F8 key is bound in it and can't be changed, as far as I know, I tried.  It was creating such a nuisance I had to delete it.  John @BradB told me to run it in Developer mode and then I can see it and I did but it also puts up a lot of other information I didn't need and I don't know if I can change a setting to have it show just FPS.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Such a basic and important part of the sim yet it is in my opinion (which doesn't count for much) poorly done.

I've heard that a lot of people like the weather setup of the sim but this must be adjustable. Most important in a sim is the amount 

of light absorbed by the clouds. I can completly adjust this in XP in the Lua script.

14 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I don't know if I can change a setting to have it show just FPS.

As far as I know not with the Developer Mode, perhaps there is an external tool available, don't know. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sadly I had to uninstall GeForce Experience because the F8 key is bound in it and can't be changed, as far as I know, I tried.  It was creating such a nuisance I had to delete it.  John @BradB told me to run it in Developer mode and then I can see it and I did but it also puts up a lot of other information I didn't need and I don't know if I can change a setting to have it show just FPS.

That is a shame but the suggestion of Smudger's looks ideal for me  as it gives the co-ordinates so I can cheat at navigation!:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great and thanks for suggesting this.

You are welcome Martyn :)

In the README it describes how to edit the ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats\html_UI\Data that will enable you to change the text colour and position on screen.

Edited by Smudger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Smudger said:

Can this be toggled?

Jack

Checking the ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats\html_UI\Data it says

[Main]
EnableShiftZShortcut=true
; Note: Toolbar icon cannot be hidden when EnableShiftZShortcut is false
ShowToolbarIcon=true
; Available positions are TopLeft and TopRight
Position=TopRight

so it would appear it can be switched on and off with Shift+Z

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smudger said:

Jack

Checking the ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats\html_UI\Data it says

[Main]
EnableShiftZShortcut=true
; Note: Toolbar icon cannot be hidden when EnableShiftZShortcut is false
ShowToolbarIcon=true
; Available positions are TopLeft and TopRight
Position=TopRight

so it would appear it can be switched on and off with Shift+Z

Thank you sir!  It works. I first couldn’t get it to work but then I looked at that drop down arrow menu and there it was and now I can cycle through.  I’m gonna PayPal this guy, I love smart programmers!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I see. I thought it was a milkshake!  That's what we called them as kids. :lol:

Was that a trade name or a nick name?:D

It would not be advisable to pour a milk shake into your PC.:o

I don't think beer would work either!:wacko:

• Haha 2