Update on what I've been up to lately

Thanks for the update ! Quick question : will the VDGS be an Orbx home-made system, or will it be the Aerosoft's/Noolaero's  one ? :)  

Really looking forward those update and ESSA, renders looks amazing so far!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Thanks for the update Marcus, your airports are always a work of art, and a no thank you for the bonus airports!

Thanks, makes me happy to hear!

Not sure if I misread, you mistyped or you actually say "no thank you" to the bonus airports? 

6 minutes ago, Hugo_J said:

Thanks for the update ! Quick question : will the VDGS be an Orbx home-made system, or will it be the Aerosoft's/Noolaero's  one ? :)  

Really looking forward those update and ESSA, renders looks amazing so far!

Thank you!

For the ESMS & ESGG update I'm using the Nool-system. Very fond of it and how much accuracy that is added to each VDGS-type. The developer is a super enthusiastic guy and I'm keen to stick to that system.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thanks, makes me happy to hear!

Not sure if I misread, you mistyped or you actually say "no thank you" to the bonus airports? 

Sorry Marcus, apparently I can’t type, I meant thank you! It’s always nice to get nice surprises :)

• Like 1

Can the static models be optional? Not all of us fly tubeliners and cry that static models are taking up their favourite parking spot at an airport.

I don't want the performance hit of running a full AI traffic addon, and without statics the airport looks so barren.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gordonhutchison said:

Can the static models be optional? Not all of us fly tubeliners and cry that static models are taking up their favourite parking spot at an airport.

I don't want the performance hit of running a full AI traffic addon, and without statics the airport looks so barren.

Interesting, will have a think about that. We can't have the option for people that buy at Marketplace so it will only be at the Orbx store in that case. I've got tons of people wanting me to remove the statics and you must be the first one asking for us to keep them, I'll have a look and see how to proceed :)

• Like 1

Those updates sound great! 
I only got a few questsions. 
1. Will the new VDGS unit work with the Marketplace versions of ESMS and ESGG?
2. Probably sounds silly, but is it possible to add a room at the Clarion Arlanda hotel to watch the planes from it? :) I know you already planning the modelled interior, but I think regardless this sounds interesting.
3. Is it possible to change the name of ESMS to "Malmö Airport" instead of the current one "Sturup Airport" that was changed all the way back in 2007. I know that MSFS ported the data right from FSX and FS2004 and many airport names are extremely dated.

Edited by Flyer2022

This is some great update news from you Marcus! Really appreciate the detailed breakdown on everything you have been working on. I will look forward to seeing all of these as they get completed and rolled out :) 

Landon

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Interesting, will have a think about that. We can't have the option for people that buy at Marketplace so it will only be at the Orbx store in that case. I've got tons of people wanting me to remove the statics and you must be the first one asking for us to keep them, I'll have a look and see how to proceed :)

Hi Marcus, I am with Gordon on statics. I have expressed my concern most recently with KCRW, and saw the static option in KBUR to be a good solution. This is my comment on KCRW.

"The passenger side is empty. What I hope to see is something like Tweed, New Haven, as a model. This is a contentious point, those who like the visual depth that a static airliner with airside equipment brings, and those who want the airside clear for ai and 3rd party traffic. I hope that Orbx can satisfy both option."

The static aircraft  that featured in Orbx airports bring great value to the sim. I think there is an opportunity to satisfy both communities.

Neil

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Flyer2022 said:

Being Noolaero's VDGS, It should be. Flightbeam & Scenic Route managed to make NoolAero's VDGS work with MSMarketplace user of NZAA & LJLJ, so I'm 99% sure it will work too. You'll just have to download one/two dependencies and place it into the community folder. 

Hi Marcus, just a followup to my previous comments on static aircraft. I see in your Stockholm Arlanda Facebook entries that an option for static aircraft is to be part of the package, so the solution is there. The inclusion of ESKS and ESNQ is much appreciated. Linking them to a patch that removes static aircraft ie Malmo or Gothenburg is an awkward choice for me. One of my options, is to not upgrade an existing airport that has statics removed, but then do I miss inclusions. Choices!

Neil

wow Marcus you have been busy, some fantastically detailed shots you have posted there, not just the airports but also the airside vehicles.....really looking forward to seeing these progress more...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

Hi Marcus, just a followup to my previous comments on static aircraft. I see in your Stockholm Arlanda Facebook entries that an option for static aircraft is to be part of the package, so the solution is there. The inclusion of ESKS and ESNQ is much appreciated. Linking them to a patch that removes static aircraft ie Malmo or Gothenburg is an awkward choice for me. One of my options, is to not upgrade an existing airport that has statics removed, but then do I miss inclusions. Choices!

Neil

I can keep the statics for ESGG & ESMS. They were not gonna be completely removed anyway, it was just around terminal area. For ESMS that would mean that 80% of the statics are still present. I will keep it as an option. This option will only be available if purchased at the Orbx store as Marketplace doesn't support configuration tools.

Worth noting we have a statics option for ESSB already for those that have missed that.

22 hours ago, Hugo_J said:

Being Noolaero's VDGS, It should be. Flightbeam & Scenic Route managed to make NoolAero's VDGS work with MSMarketplace user of NZAA & LJLJ, so I'm 99% sure it will work too. You'll just have to download one/two dependencies and place it into the community folder. 

Yes, it will work on Marketplace version as well. For the Orbx store one it will install the module automatically, not sure if you will need to download it yourself if bought on Marketplace, not sure how the backend stuff works.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:14 PM, Flyer2022 said:

Those updates sound great! 
I only got a few questsions. 
2. Probably sounds silly, but is it possible to add a room at the Clarion Arlanda hotel to watch the planes from it? :) I know you already planning the modelled interior, but I think regardless this sounds interesting.
3. Is it possible to change the name of ESMS to "Malmö Airport" instead of the current one "Sturup Airport" that was changed all the way back in 2007. I know that MSFS ported the data right from FSX and FS2004 and many airport names are extremely dated.

1. Yes. For the Orbx store one the module will install automatically, not sure if the customer needs to download the module separatly if bought on Marketplace. Need to talk to the backend guys. As we are using T-jetways they are a bit more complex for guidance and we need a separate module for that to work, which I don't think was the case with the Flightbeam version. But short answer: yes it will work for marketplace.

The statics option will only be available for Orbx store versions though.

2. Haha, actually thought about something similar but instead to add the restaurant on one of the top floors. Would be fun to have, but fearing this project will never complete if I start adding these kind of things. But I will keep thinking about it and we'll see.

3. Personally I enjoy the Sturup name, but it's inaccurate of course. I thought it already was Malmö Airport, but can check if we made a miss somewhere, would assume MSFS2020 would read our project and change name if neccesary. Anyway, yes we will change that if we can change that.

1 minute ago, wain71 said:

wow Marcus you have been busy, some fantastically detailed shots you have posted there, not just the airports but also the airside vehicles.....really looking forward to seeing these progress more...

Thank you! :)

On 6/19/2022 at 2:32 AM, Sniper31 said:

This is some great update news from you Marcus! Really appreciate the detailed breakdown on everything you have been working on. I will look forward to seeing all of these as they get completed and rolled out :) 

Landon

Thanks Landon! :)

Fascinating Marcus

I'm very pleased with the news and the nice gesture on the ones that will be ported

The avatar lool a lot better more realistic.

Very looking forward for ESSA

Thank you for taking the time to improve your great selection of airports

Cheers

Carlos

Excellent news for all these Swedish airports. Specially looking forward to the terminal/pier and hotel modifications for ESGG and the option to remove static aircraft (for AIG traffic). Keep up the good and artistic work:)

On 6/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, DanielFall said:

Looks great Marcus! B)

Thanks Daniel! :)

On 6/20/2022 at 9:16 PM, falcon71 said:

Thank you very much for removing the static aircraft! I really wish more developers would remove them or offer them only as an option.

I can agree on that. :)

On 6/20/2022 at 10:22 PM, Cygnific said:

Excellent job again Marcus, really like your attention to detail and texture work.

Thank you so much! :)

On 6/21/2022 at 12:24 AM, sun_king_135 said:

@Marcus Nyberg will the Kungsängen/Tibble/Sylta area get a small touch up with Frölunda? That'd be awesome, as I spent a lot of time there with my relatives.

It's good news in any way. 

Kind regards. 

Sorry, no, there will be no enhancements outside the main airfield. 

On 6/21/2022 at 12:34 AM, carlosqr said:

Fascinating Marcus

I'm very pleased with the news and the nice gesture on the ones that will be ported

The avatar lool a lot better more realistic.

Very looking forward for ESSA

Thank you for taking the time to improve your great selection of airports

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks!

On 6/21/2022 at 1:34 AM, AnthonyS said:

Looking forward to the updates for ESMS and ESSB-and also the port over of ESKS.

Glad to hear! Finally someone longing for ESKS ;)

On 6/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, A.Bloom said:

Hi Marcus. Fantastic projects.

Any news on adding Bromma (and hopefully the others) to the Xbox marketplace?

Sorry no.. :( was starting to look in to that but got alerted by other devs about  memory constraints on Xbox, which might cause issues as ESSB is quite texture intense, so might be a bigger operation than I would have hoped. So it's not abandoned but need to look into how we would approach it.

On 6/21/2022 at 12:24 PM, Steve 66 said:

Excellent news for all these Swedish airports. Specially looking forward to the terminal/pier and hotel modifications for ESGG and the option to remove static aircraft (for AIG traffic). Keep up the good and artistic work:)

Than kyou! :)

On 6/23/2022 at 3:18 AM, greybeard said:

Hi Marcus, Just goes to prove that my "investment" in these airports when they 

were first released was a smart move. Keep up the good work.

Kevin 

Thanks Kevin!

23 hours ago, lasseju said:

Hallå Marcus,

any news about ESSB for P3D5 platform?

I can't find any good scenery for P3D5 from anywhere

Have you any recommendations?

Lasse

Hejsan Lasse,

Sorry, no.

Don't think there are any ESSB freewares/paywares released for P3D at all as far as I can recall.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the marketplace should include the static aircraft, on the pc you can have add ons lie, AIG traffic or aerosoft’s simple traffic but the marketplace has none of these so if you’re on the Xbox (and only limited to marketplace products) you end up with empty unrealistic soulless airports as the AI traffic looks so terrible in fake liveries. 

On 6/26/2022 at 2:17 PM, CptHenne93 said:

@Marcus NybergLooking fantastic and I've just picked up Bromma and Gotheburg on Orbx Central. :) One question: I've recently flown in Spain a lot and noticed the severe lack of high-quality airport add-ons in that region. Are you planning on bringing over your beautiful Bilbao scenery?

10 hours ago, mikee said:

Great news Marcus !

Thank you very much for the Update :)

Any chance to have your beautiful Bilbao , Asturia and Valdez  , compatible with  msfs2020  ?

Glad to hear there is some interest in my Spanish sceneries :)

I've done maybe a 50% port of Asturias and started working on Bilbao, so think they will both be released in some form a bit later on.

Will need to focus on my Swedish ones first though!

As Microsoft released Valdez for free in the latest WU update I doubt there is any market for me to release a new version of that though.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Glad to hear there is some interest in my Spanish sceneries :)

I've done maybe a 50% port of Asturias and started working on Bilbao, so think they will both be released in some form a bit later on.

Will need to focus on my Swedish ones first though!

As Microsoft released Valdez for free in the latest WU update I doubt there is any market for me to release a new version of that though.

Great, thank you very much Marcus !

I do insist that your Valdez is much much better than the One just released in the latest WU update ! ( I used to have it in my P3DV5 and it was Perfect :) ) !!!

I hope that you can change your mind B)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 8:33 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thanks!

Sorry no.. :( was starting to look in to that but got alerted by other devs about  memory constraints on Xbox, which might cause issues as ESSB is quite texture intense, so might be a bigger operation than I would have hoped. So it's not abandoned but need to look into how we would approach it.

Thanks Kevin!

Hejsan Lasse,

Sorry, no.

Don't think there are any ESSB freewares/paywares released for P3D at all as far as I can recall.

Hope that you don't give up on P3D. We are still here. :)

There is a new wonderful photoscenery for Stockholm, but Bromma airport is still lacking. Perhaps Marcus, perhaps. ;)

Edited by tktheo93

On 6/24/2022 at 8:33 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thanks!

Thanks Kevin!

Hejsan Lasse,

Sorry, no.

Send me a pm! I can't send any to you. Might be able to help you out. 

• 2 weeks later...