Update on what I've been up to lately

18 minutes ago, Flyer2022 said:

P.S. I noticed that both ESSB and ESSV got the default file named "ModelLib.bgl" that can potentially cause the Sim issues, and is now recommended to be renamed to a unique name. Was it left there by mistake?

Havent heard about that. Havent had any reports of sim issues with any of my products either. ModelLib is not a default file, its the whole unique object library for my products but i assume you mean the naming and not the content. What ive heard and adjusted is the path naming which is unique to avoid scenery file mix ups. So if i would remove that file that would effectively remove all content in my sceneries. 

edit: see now you referred to the name. I can have a look at that if it causes issues but i would assume that would be related to the path as well in that case which is already dealt with so not sure how that would be an issue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Flyer2022 said:

The new ground textures are nothing but marvelous. The old textures were already great but now it looks even better. Only wish MSFS' SDK could make it possible for the Developers to choose between the concrete slab and asphalt textures, and not just applying the default asphalt texture everywhere regardless of the material underneath  - this would really be icing on top of the cake. 

Regarding the pushback trucks at Frölunda I now found the same issue happening at the grass strip adjacent next to Visby airport as well. 

I was also wondering, since you are currently working on the Landvetter's new terminal, are the observations noted by Swezam back in 2020 being implemented? 
Perhaps it may sound like the nitpicking for some but I think those observations were well described and thoroughly researched in the aim to bring the terminal closer to its real life look. I think such a great airport deserves to be as realistic as possible. ;)

And finally, I hope that the converts of Scandinavian Mountains Airport and Kiruna are coming along nicely - it is not that like we could forget about them either. :D

Yes some of that can for sure be adjusted. Thanks for pointing that out, forgot about that feedback!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Havent heard about that. Havent had any reports of sim issues with any of my products either. ModelLib is not a default file, its the whole unique object library for my products but i assume you mean the naming and not the content. What ive heard and adjusted is the path naming which is unique to avoid scenery file mix ups. So if i would remove that file that would effectively remove all content in my sceneries. 

edit: see now you referred to the name. I can have a look at that if it causes issues but i would assume that would be related to the path as well in that case which is already dealt with so not sure how that would be an issue.

Hi Marcus

For addon-linker users when the platform detects this modellib "folder" ""file" or so it automatically renames it or the pass I think it is as you said to avoid conflicts with other airport built the same way.

Some Orbx ones have been renamed and the original jason fie set as back up.

Though I can't remember any to paste here as an example.

I believe that is what WebMaximus was refering to.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

Hi again Marcus

I manged to find one to show as an example, Newcastle

The addon-linker brings a tool to scan all potential products that could conflict due to this modellib issue.

flCbJEz.jpg

It also brings a materiallibs changer in case that could conflict too

Once you hit on modellib changer it scans all the products you have and search for potential conflicts

rYbI3HQ.jpg

If something is found is listed where the circle is turning.

Next step would be to rename what it found

Then the result ends like this

lb8VavL.jpg

Many people is aware of this tool so maybe most people is doing this right after something is installed, starting by me.

If so, developer might not be advised of a conflict as it was taking care ahead by this tool. That could be a possibility

And/or the person doesn't have too many conflicting products

As I don't have any product that requires this change I cannot paste how it ends after the remane

PS, I just downloaded Newcastle again (to show how it renames it) but this time the addon liker didn't detect any issues with the modellib so no change tool place :lol:

At least I hope this makes it a bit clearer but I do believe that what is renamed is the path as you explained

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Dopster198 said:

Hi @Marcus Nyberg, since you mentioned ESGG Gothenburg, I’m encountering these purple texture issues in the current version. The rest of the scenery looks fine. This is with an otherwise empty Community folder.

Any chance you can take a took at this for the new version? 

DBF89324-B99B-407D-AEB2-62C6D96EB2F5.png

of course! I will fix that! Merry Christmas!

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Any recent update on ESSA Marcus since your last post back in October last year?

Do we dare to hope 2023 will be the year when we got a proper ESSA in MSFS ;) ?

Hey!

You must have missed the new thread :)

And yes, ESSA will arrive this year. I would be surprised & upset if it's not released before my birthday in early April, hopefully with margin.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 10/16/2022 at 4:38 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Yes some of that can for sure be adjusted. Thanks for pointing that out, forgot about that feedback!

Were they corrected? :) I am yet to check out the update myself, but from the trailers these details appear exactly the same way as they were in the original version.

13 minutes ago, Flyer2022 said:

Were they corrected? :) I am yet to check out the update myself, but from the trailers these details appear exactly the same way as they were in the original version.

Sorry, no I reviewed them once again and considered the rework too big and they to be fairly correct in current setting. They are exactly the same as in previous build.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 12:55 PM, EasternT3 said:

Thanks for the update Marcus, your airports are always a work of art, and a no thank you for the bonus airports!

Where I live, 'no thank you' means 'go away'... You didn't mean that did you? 😄 Orbx we have a payer! Bill him directly please and charge him double for the hassle!!! 😄

Edited by dtrjones
  • Haha 2