This Week's Meaningless Topic (#88) (May 14)

Hi all. Just heard that master plane-painter Ted Wolf is doing some fun stuff with a Grumman Albatross. I'm flying a Grumman G-73 Mallard out of Tahiti in the islands and atolls of French Polynesia as background for my in-progress novel, Other forum readers are on 'round-the-world jaunts in twins. In other words, a lot of us are doing interesting specific things in specific planes right now. Which brings us to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What plane are you flying right now and what adventure are you on?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I am on the 'Adventure' of learning how to fly the PMDG 737. Since I have almost always flown GA or multi prop birds, passenger and cargo jets are a new thing for me. :)

Landon

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

I'm flying my favorite Mooney M20M (Bravo), as usual. I've tried a number of aircraft in FSX, including the C152, V172, C182, and Turbo Centurion.  Also the Mooney Ovation.  I still always come back to the Bravo, for one thing Tom Tsui's did a great set of gauges for the Saitek/Logitech FIPs for this plane, which I use in my cockpit.

My current project is getting through the "I Ratings" (Instrument Quals) on PilotEdge.  I'm about halfway there, having completed the I 5.

Ken

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm operating the A2A Cherokee 180 through the current weather event we're having in SE Qld Aust and currently OTG Warwick before heading East towards the Coast.  Weather is quite challenging as is the terrain at low levels.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Probably should have used some WD40.  Then you could open the door rather than ripping it off.  But now that you did, Adam is right.  Duck Tape right away!

Ken

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the advice fellas, but I just put some plastic wrap over the opening, filed off the burrs where the hinges were, picked up the door which already had beer and a pound of ham salad in it and sat it beside my desk. Got so frustrated I ate the whole pound of lunch meat and drank all the beer. :wacko::(

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Same as Landon. :D  As of right now I kicked the TV in and ripped the door off the frig trying to get some beer. The only thing that went flying was the remote control among other things. :banghead:>:(:wacko:

What, you mean you still have beer in the fridge?

How is this possible. That's right its nearly bed time here.:D

cheers

Gumby

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Ken Q said:

Probably should have used some WD40.  Then you could open the door rather than ripping it off.  But now that you did, Adam is right.  Duck Tape right away!

Ken

When I was just a little guy my daddy gave me this advice..."If it moves and it shouldn't, get the duct tape. If it should move and it won't, get the WD40". Wise words indeed.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

We used more duct tape in the Infantry than I have ever seen. It was as important as our weapons! Can be used to fix ANYTHING :) In fact, if you have ever watched the show Myth Busters, they did an entire episode where the two main guys were "marooned" on an island with a supply of duct tape. They had to survive with only that...had to make clothes, shelter, food and water containers, shoes, hunting weapons and tools. Really showcased what all duct tape can do. But, I digress...where is the cold beer? I'm thirsty :D

Landon

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

I take it that this week's topic should have been beer, not flying stuff, So here's to you. Beer Bubbles GIF - Beer Bubbles ColdBeer - Discover & Share GIFs | Beer,  Cold beer, Drinking beer

Six degrees Rodger, I'm sure it'll come back to planes and adventures (maybe?)

Hopefully yours

Graeme :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hard to get back focus after that excursion with the cracked fridge and the need to find an alternative storage place for the liquids.

My upcoming flight activities... Now that we all do not care longer about the pandemic (and as we do not collect any useful figures about it any more), we start flying again in real life. My sim plan is to prepare these flights and do what I have booked before the real ones. But with different planes, as I do not want to stick on the 320/737 combination in continental flights. Instead, I will enjoy the heavies, which also is a privilege of p3d, still.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

after months of testing the BAE 146, it's release has meant for a short period I have been able to go back to basics and I've been flying the A2A cub in P3D, going nowhere just looking around ......had a few beers Saturday after a days painting at daughters renovation house, I think I deserved 'em too....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, wain71 said:

after months of testing the BAE 146, it's release has meant for a short period I have been able to go back to basics and I've been flying the A2A cub in P3D, going nowhere just looking around ......had a few beers Saturday after a days painting at daughters renovation house, I think I deserved 'em too....

That's a fair call I reckon regarding your refreshments.:D

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1