Compatibility news regarding World Update VII - Australia

Orbx

@JohnE77I unintentionally forgot to remove YSSY during the WU7 process. But I made a flight across the airport and downtown Sydney and couldn't find any errors.

@All thanks dear Orbx team for this tremendous update. Just wish Germany looked this way - there some areas without trees, although the satellite image shows thick forests. 

Kind regards. 

• Like 1

Will Sydney City Landmarks and other Australia city sceneries be coming to Xbox? I assume soon after the compatibility with world update 7? Would love to take advantage of the world update sale at the moment in marketplace, thank you

Edited by isaiahsnyc

So if I now wanted to buy Sydney landscape while you have it on sale, for all the reasons you mention regarding all the extra coverage that the Landscape title gives, will it work with WU7 out of the box or do I have to hold off placing it in my community folder until Orbx advises it has been updated and is now compatible with WU7? 

Just found this forum and wanted to say - congratulations to Orbx! Amazing update, and very pleased to see information being posted so quickly on how the existing scenery/airport packs will be integrated. That and knowing what is and is not in WU7 is inspring me to take the plunge on taking advantage of the sales and grabbibg Bankstown, Ayers Rock and Hobart.

Not sure where best to post this but I woudl really love to see Gold Coast (YBCG) and Canberra Airports (YSCB). I'd been hanging out for WU7 in the hope these would be included, and now somewhat puzzled how there's still no good options available.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, beyounotthem said:

Just found this forum and wanted to say - congratulations to Orbx! Amazing update, and very pleased to see information being posted so quickly on how the existing scenery/airport packs will be integrated. That and knowing what is and is not in WU7 is inspring me to take the plunge on taking advantage of the sales and grabbibg Bankstown, Ayers Rock and Hobart.

Not sure where best to post this but I woudl really love to see Gold Coast (YBCG) and Canberra Airports (YSCB). I'd been hanging out for WU7 in the hope these would be included, and now somewhat puzzled how there's still no good options available.

Absolutely agree re YSCB and YBCG. The default Canberra is a disgrace re multistory airport buildings and orphaned jetways -even more so now we have passable photogrammetry for the city. There are some reasonable YBCG freeware offerings available. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

So if I now wanted to buy Sydney landscape while you have it on sale, for all the reasons you mention regarding all the extra coverage that the Landscape title gives, will it work with WU7 out of the box or do I have to hold off placing it in my community folder until Orbx advises it has been updated and is now compatible with WU7? 

You can have it installed and see if it shows any noticeable problems. Some users report they haven't seen anything major as they flew around. If you see conflicts or duplicate buildings you can uninstall it until a fix is released, the sceneries still look good in the WU 7 versions. 

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

You can have it installed and see if it shows any noticeable problems. Some users report they haven't seen anything major as they flew around. If you see conflicts or duplicate buildings you can uninstall it until a fix is released, the sceneries still look good in the WU 7 versions. 

Thanks John. I have purchased and downloaded. Will check it out tomorrow night. Thanks again. 

Cheers

Terry

4 hours ago, Steve1408 said:

Absolutely agree re YSCB and YBCG. The default Canberra is a disgrace re multistory airport buildings and orphaned jetways -even more so now we have passable photogrammetry for the city. There are some reasonable YBCG freeware offerings available. 

Yes, shame about Canberra - we should start a petition!

Unfortunately of the two freeware YBCG's one is awful google earth imports and the other causes my autogen buildings to disappear (I have told the author). So definitely happy to pay for quality versions of both these airports.

Hello! I'm looking into picking up some new aussie airports, however I'm wondering if they will have issues with the enhanced mesh, especially in mountainous regions like Lorde Howe Island airport. Before I buy I wanted to confirm if there were any issues, and if so, I'll hold off on buying until it's updated. 

Thanks for any info!

YLHI Lord Howe Island Airport - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

14 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

Hello! I'm looking into picking up some new aussie airports, however I'm wondering if they will have issues with the enhanced mesh, especially in mountainous regions like Lorde Howe Island airport. Before I buy I wanted to confirm if there were any issues, and if so, I'll hold off on buying until it's updated. 

Thanks for any info!

YLHI Lord Howe Island Airport - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

I have recently purchased YLHI Lord Howe Island Airport and have conducted several flights into and out of there since. To date, I have not noticed any issues at all with mesh or anything else for that matter. It all looks good on my system :) 

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

I have recently purchased YLHI Lord Howe Island Airport and have conducted several flights into and out of there since. To date, I have not noticed any issues at all with mesh or anything else for that matter. It all looks good on my system :) 

Landon

cool, thanks. ill give is a solid consider then!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

I have Orbx/Fly Tampa's YSSY (airport) - but not Orbx Cityscape.

6 hours ago, EastCoastCanadian said:

I removed it and it seemed fine. I think you may get duplicate buildings if it’s installed. 

An update to YSSY has been released. Launch Orbx Central to download it.

Edited by skysthelimit707

Thanks - I've already installed the update - but I'm still not sure whether it's recommended to remove the Asobo YSSY content. Would an Orbx dev care to advise?

Also - what's the easiest/safest way to disable it? Just *delete it* from Content Manager? I've done that in the past for LOWI - and it just goes into the "Not Installed" section.

4 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Also - what's the easiest/safest way to disable it?

Same method as NZQN if you have payware Adam. Just remove it from your content manager in the sim and mark it as false in the content xml. Martin at FlyTampa told me to disable it to prevent issues. WU7 FT YSSY is fine without the default installed. Great FPS as well.

Edited by rick66

2 minutes ago, ChrisB72 said:

If Adelaide and Sydney are not compatible with MSFS latest update, why are they still on sale?

They are. There might be small issues, which are being looked at, but from my experience a normal flight over the scenery won't show any major problems. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rick66 said:

Same method as NZQN if you have payware Adam. Just remove it from your content manager in the sim and mark it as false in the content xml.

One would have thought that deleting it from Conernt Manager would automatically set the flag in content.xml to false - but not true!! Thanks for the tip!

I'm not so sure about "Adelaide is completed and ready for testing..."

The Grand Hotel at glenelg and a whole bunch of the nearby buildings are gone. The overall scenery is much better without the addon.

Am I doing something wrong? I've just tried it with and without the scenery addon a couple of times so I don;t think it's me.

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

They are. There might be small issues, which are being looked at, but from my experience a normal flight over the scenery won't show any major problems. 

Dunno if CTD's is small issues, but I cant have a "normal flight over the scenery" without having one. Had too uninstall Sydeney and Brisbane City sceneries to be able to fly....

1 hour ago, kaboki said:

Dunno if CTD's is small issues, but I cant have a "normal flight over the scenery" without having one. Had too uninstall Sydeney and Brisbane City sceneries to be able to fly....

I just loaded flights at YSSY and YBAF in the DHC6 and flew over the CBDs.  My observations:

Sydney.  No CTD, the flight was normal but frame rates were down, and there were some duplicated scenery items, such as the Sydney Tower , Anzac Bridge, and no doubt several others that locals would be able to identify.  However, if you want to fly around Sydney away from the CBD, the City Pack is worth retaining if you want the extra or more accurate buildings in the other business centres.  But overall I'll be disabling the Sydney Cityscape until a compatibility fix is released.

Brisbane.  No CTD, but awful frame rates over the CBD.  Definitely recommend disabling this city pack until a compatibility fix is released.  The MSFS version is quite acceptable for normal flight operations in the Brisbane area, where 1500' agl would be expected.

3 hours ago, KnToad said:

I'm not so sure about "Adelaide is completed and ready for testing..."

The Grand Hotel at glenelg and a whole bunch of the nearby buildings are gone. The overall scenery is much better without the addon.

Am I doing something wrong? I've just tried it with and without the scenery addon a couple of times so I don;t think it's me.

Completed and ready for testing means for the beta testers I think... :)

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

Ok I'll check and see. I don't recall any ctd but I will double check 

Though I just got a new computer and is pushing everything to max settings so maybe the duplicated scenery objects cause to much load on MSFS. I also switched between VR and 2D, anyway looking forward to the update:).

Edited by kaboki

On 2/6/2022 at 8:20 PM, kaboki said:

I am also getting CTD when I load the Orbx Adelaide Airport... I have disable YPAD and cityscape to stop CTD... 

On 2/6/2022 at 4:29 PM, ChrisB72 said:

If Adelaide and Sydney are not compatible with MSFS latest update, why are they still on sale?

I am was wondering the same thing... Adelaide Airport is definitely causing CTD issues.  I have tested a couple of time.

8 hours ago, Macbrowndog said:

I am was wondering the same thing... Adelaide Airport is definitely causing CTD issues.  I have tested a couple of time.

I bought Ayer’s Rock on sale haven’t had and trouble with that so far. Is the CTD freezing up the sim and you got to restart your computer? Or is it it just crashing with no error 

Edited by EastCoastCanadian

On 2/6/2022 at 9:30 PM, John Dow said:

Brisbane.  No CTD, but awful frame rates over the CBD.  Definitely recommend disabling this city pack until a compatibility fix is released.  The MSFS version is quite acceptable for normal flight operations in the Brisbane area, where 1500' agl would be expected.

I have disabled the city pack and the frame rates with YBBN v2 are still horrendous. Honestly this airport needs optimising. Disable YBBN Orbx and use default i get 80 fps. With Orbx i get stutters when panning and less than 20 fps. Load up a flight at any gate and prove me wrong!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Any news on this? Or do we have to try and error ourselves as a customer to see if the product we payed for is actually working or not?

Adelaide patch was released yesterday and work continues on Brisbane and Sydney. Keep an eye on the release announcements for news on the patches. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2