Compatibility news regarding World Update VII - Australia

Orbx

On 2/11/2022 at 7:31 PM, Ed Correia said:

Adelaide patch was released yesterday and work continues on Brisbane and Sydney. Keep an eye on the release announcements for news on the patches. 

Any movement on Brizzi and Sydney - I needed Brisbane for a project - so I have just reloaded it - hope I dont CTD

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 6:35 PM, John Heaton said:

Any movement on Brizzi and Sydney - I needed Brisbane for a project - so I have just reloaded it - hope I dont CTD

On 2/18/2022 at 7:08 AM, Ed Correia said:

Still being worked on as it’s quite an extensive list of fixes. Comments like this are not particularly helpful or necessary. 

2 hours ago, Paul Ozzman said:

Any ETA on the Sydney and Brisbane fixes?

logic states that Orbx were waiting for yesterday's update  -  to ensure they wouldn't need to withdraw again;)

meanwhile - my Brisbane project - (see above) - of flying a C17 in and out of the Brisbane scenery - crashed and burned

and it wasn't Orbx fault:rolleyes:

Whoops - just noticed  - for some reason - someone asked the same Q's on another unrelated thread - and answered by Holger !!

Thanks Holger !!

Edited by John Heaton
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

Whoops - just noticed  - for some reason - someone asked the same Q's on another unrelated thread - and answered by Holger !!

Thanks Holger !!

What we are working on - 2022

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

working on it as quickly as we can. Adjusting hundreds of objects and polygons to match the new photogrammetry content is a major undertaking. Landmarks Adelaide was rather straightforward by comparison :blink:

Cheers, Holger

WU AU - Landmarks Brisbane compatibility work.jpg

^ Photo is Brisbane cityscape

• 4 weeks later...

Landmarks Brisbane City Pack for MSFS 1.2.0 update

Landmarks Brisbane City Pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator has been updated for compatibility with the recent World Update and is now available on Orbx Central.

Primarily, building positions, terraforming, and exclusions have been adjusted to match the photogrammetry, piers and vessels repositioned, and vegetation distribution fine-tuned. In addition, we've added custom helipad models to the two hospitals and the Sofitel Brisbane Central tower, and the cruise ship in port has a helipad as well. Also, a couple of additional custom vessels were added along the river.

Please note that we have no control over the odd appearance of the Brisbane River's surface. If you prefer, you can fly with photogrammetry deactivated, which will restore our orthoimage and thus the cleaner river surface, though you'll obviously lose the photogrammetry depiction of the city itself.

1 hour ago, yanlaoge said:

Any hint of progress?

Of what? - If you mean Brisbane -it has been released and it is great!! - and await Sydney with patience - if the quality 

of Brisbane is a yardstick

Edited by John Heaton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

First things first! World Update VII is amazing! Thanks for this, Orbx!

I already owned the cityscape Sydney before, and it was also a big deal, offering so many beautiful details.

Unfortunately, there is disappointment on the other hand. An update on cityscape Sydney was announced, and I'm still looking forward to its launching.

So, when will it happen?

I would like to ask about the latest Adelaide update.

Despite the update I am not seeing two buildings that were modelled before.

Is this the case for everybody or is it just an issue in my computer?

If it is a common issue, would it be fixed?

AOVID75.jpg

qkWdhCa.jpg

5slaoWS.jpg

Thanks

Carlos

On 3/31/2022 at 6:19 PM, John Heaton said:

Of what? - If you mean Brisbane -it has been released and it is great!! - and await Sydney with patience - if the quality 

of Brisbane is a yardstick

Of course I mean Sydney. Some progress report would be comforting.

Well here we are many weeks after the updates and still waiting for Sydney to be done....

But be careful asking or making similar comments as it seems the fine people at Orbx are a little sensitive when it comes to stating the obvious

1 hour ago, KnToad said:

Well here we are many weeks after the updates and still waiting for Sydney to be done....

But be careful asking or making similar comments as it seems the fine people at Orbx are a little sensitive when it comes to stating the obvious

:D  :banghead:

Edited by mattius

3 Months & we are still waiting. Are Orbx still going to release the update for sydney? I'm starting to have my doubts. It would be nice if they could give us an update being as it has been so long. It's a bit like AH's DC-3 which seems to have been promised forever!! If it's not coming soon, can someone advice how I can get  credited for the Sydney City Scenery as it is pointless having it in my sim ever since the Australia update!! Normally Orbx are pretty good with updates. Bit sad really. :(

Edited by mattius
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Sydney update is entering testing now, so not too long now, thanks. 

Great news Ed - we know it will be worth waiting for if the new Brisbane is an example:)

As a request from a fellow Aussie - and as a  senior in an Aussie company - is there anything that you and Orbx can do

to influence MS/Asobo to do something about the state of the age of the Australian Scenery 

To non -Australians  - the recent so called update for Australia was a great con  - with a few adjustments to minor airports

and the confused cityscapes that Orbx have needed to re-do - after having had to do it once before  - after the first release!

The Australia you have been flying over since day one is at least 9 years old  - and as some know my favourite beef -  after

all the initial hype - is in my home city of the Gold coast - a tourist Mecca here in the State of Queensland - MY HOUSE is only

a building site in the sim and I've lived in it for 8 years - and the views of the GC - the ones shown to advertise the NEW upgrade  were 

also 9 years out of date. :banghead:

Ed - We need another upgrade - to upgrade the upgrade - ---- Australia V2 for P3D was more accurate than MS2020 - and

My house is clearly shown on The P3D gold Coast City Scape !!!      ;)      

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 4/19/2022 at 3:07 PM, Ed Correia said:

Sydney update is entering testing now, so not too long now, thanks. 

Thank you Ed

Would you happen to know about the issue in Adelaide explained above?

Is there something Orbx can do?

Thanks

Carlos

18 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Great news Ed - we know it will be worth waiting for if the new Brisbane is an example:)

As a request from a fellow Aussie - and as a  senior in an Aussie company - is there anything that you and Orbx can do

to influence MS/Asobo to do something about the state of the age of the Australian Scenery 

To non -Australians  - the recent so called update for Australia was a great con  - with a few adjustments to minor airports

and the confused cityscapes that Orbx have needed to re-do - after having had to do it once before  - after the first release!

The Australia you have been flying over since day one is at least 9 years old  - and as some know my favourite beef -  after

all the initial hype - is in my home city of the Gold coast - a tourist Mecca here in the State of Queensland - MY HOUSE is only

a building site in the sim and I've lived in it for 8 years - and the views of the GC - the ones shown to advertise the NEW upgrade  were 

also 9 years out of date. :banghead:

Ed - We need another upgrade - to upgrade the upgrade - ---- Australia V2 for P3D was more accurate than MS2020 - and

My house is clearly shown on The P3D gold Coast City Scape !!!      ;)      

I wish I could pull those strings. MS does use what is available and I guess the data for the Gold Coast is dated as you say.

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you Ed

Would you happen to know about the issue in Adelaide explained above?

Is there something Orbx can do?

Thanks

Carlos

That building we couldn't get to sit correctly amongst all the photogrammetry and had to be left out unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

Hi Ed - is the Sydney Harbour Bridge inlcuded in the fixes? I have a few issues with it at either end of it (roads not joining up etc.). I could post some screenshots here - unless you want me to file a bug report somewhere else ;)

1 hour ago, Adam Banks said:

Hi Ed - is the Sydney Harbour Bridge inlcuded in the fixes? I have a few issues with it at either end of it (roads not joining up etc.). I could post some screenshots here - unless you want me to file a bug report somewhere else ;)

The road alignments with the bridge are troublesome so best efforts are being made with the SHB.

18 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

I wish I could pull those strings. MS does use what is available and I guess the data for the Gold Coast is dated as you say.

That building we couldn't get to sit correctly amongst all the photogrammetry and had to be left out unfortunately.

Noted

Thanks a lot for replying

Just now, John Heaton said:
17 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

For the record ... here we go!!! :)

Sydney-Harbour-Bug-01-1024.jpg?dl=1

Sydney-Harbour-Bug-02-1024.jpg?dl=1

Sydney-Harbour-Bug-03-1024.jpg?dl=1

The road has obviously been down for a fair while, as trees have grown around it! LOL.

Expand  

adam - were these pics pre or post the so called Australian up date - which could show that Asobo stuffed up the Sydney City scape

as they did with Brisbane, and might explain why Orbx are having so many probs with mis-alignment

2 hours ago, John Heaton said:

adam - were these pics pre or post the so called Australian up date - which could show that Asobo stuffed up the Sydney City scape

as they did with Brisbane, and might explain why Orbx are having so many probs with mis-alignment

I keep MSFS updated (fairly promptly). These are definitely post AU update - but I seem to remember the problem being there before (but I didn't flag it here as a bug at the time).

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, Adam Banks said:

I keep MSFS updated (fairly promptly). These are definitely post AU update - but I seem to remember the problem being there before (but I didn't flag it here as a bug at the time).

I concur.  I noted this shortly after purchasing Sydney Cityscape (immediately prior to the WU coming out) and kind of hoped that the World Update would sort it. Sadly it did not.  Like you Adam, I didn't raise the issue since the Sydney Cityscape is an awesome product and I had read somewhere that joining bridges is an issue for MSFS anyway,  so I guess I gave Orbx a pass on that LOL.  But it would be nice if they could fix it. 

Cheers

Terry

Hi guys, a bit late to the party with this one but am looking at purchasing the FlyTampa YSSY and Orbx Cityscape combo for MSFS. 

What is the current status of both products post World Update 7? Cheers!

4 hours ago, zkdos said:

Hi guys, a bit late to the party with this one but am looking at purchasing the FlyTampa YSSY and Orbx Cityscape combo for MSFS. 

What is the current status of both products post World Update 7? Cheers!

I haven't seen any problems with Fly Tampa YSSY, and Sydney Cityscape update is in testing at the moment.  Depending on the time taken to resolve some mesh and elevation issues between photogrammetry on and off, it shouldn't be too much longer.

• Like 1

The update for Cityscape Sydney is now available in Orbx Central:

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/213175-cityscape-sydney-120-world-update-vii-compatibility-msfs/

image.thumb.jpeg.c23cd41682b380b679cff8aff369131d.jpeg

Hi all,

The World Update VII compatibility fixes for Cityscape Sydney is now available on Orbx Central. The update is being submitted to Microsoft as well as an XBox version for testing and acceptance.

This update works best with the photogrammetry data as being enabled. If the PG is disabled you will see issues with the Sydney Harbour Bridge off-ramps. Note that with photogrammetry enabled, we have used best efforts in ensuring POIs work well within the photogrammetry area in the CBD.

We have elected to retain the original Cityscape Sydney Harbour Bridge and One Barangaroo POIs in lieu of those shipped with WU:VII in update as well.

Anyone else here have pylons which are duplicated on the Sydney Harbour Bridge after the latest 1.2 update? One too many flags on the top aswell. Doesn't look right.Was tested with both photogrammetry on and off.

I just noticed that

There is a double bridge

bQw4e1S.jpg

pe2LkJ4.jpg

A8XoFxQ.jpg

I wonder how we can removed the default one

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

I just noticed that

There is a double bridge

bQw4e1S.jpg

pe2LkJ4.jpg

A8XoFxQ.jpg

I wonder how we can removed the default one

Cheers

Carlos

Glad I’m not the only one here.Hopefully Orbx can fix the issue seeing as the Harbour Bridge is the centrepiece of the whole of the cityscape scenery.

Glad I’m not the only one here.Hopefully Orbx can fix the issue seeing as the Harbour Bridge is the centrepiece of the whole of the cityscape scenery.

I just loaded Sydney after deleting the content.xml file and I can report all is as it should be with PG on or off.

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

I just loaded Sydney after deleting the content.xml file and I can report all is as it should be with PG on or off.

Mine was fine here - though all I did was delete/remake the rolling cache file.

I'm pleased to see the bridge-road connections are much improved! Still not 100% perfect, but w-a-y better than they were :)

On 4/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, skysthelimit707 said:

The update for Cityscape Sydney is now available in Orbx Central:

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/213175-cityscape-sydney-120-world-update-vii-compatibility-msfs/

Updated with Orbx Central - When I try and spawn into YSSY airport now - instant MSFS crash to desktop; resolved by removing Cityscape.