Compatibility news regarding World Update VII - Australia

Orbx

8 hours ago, OmniAtlas said:

Updated with Orbx Central - When I try and spawn into YSSY airport now - instant MSFS crash to desktop; resolved by removing Cityscape. 

Do you use the scenery cache? If so, try deleting it and re-making it - then reinstall Cityscape and re-run.

Hello,

please try this first.

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

48 minutes ago, Andreasmb said:

Hello,

Steps 1 and 2 mentioned in Nicks mail above did the trick in my case, i.e. having only one harbor bridge depicted (instead of prviously two) after having performed those two steps.

Andreas

All good for me aswell now.

21 hours ago, OmniAtlas said:

Updated with Orbx Central - When I try and spawn into YSSY airport now - instant MSFS crash to desktop; resolved by removing Cityscape. 

Try reinstalling Cityscape Sydney and updating YSSY as there is an update (v1.7.0) in Orbx Central.

Don’t forget to delete the Rolling Cache File:

Click on Options
Click on General Options
Click on Data
Scroll down
Click on the Delete button next to Delete Rolling Cache File.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please try this first.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

Great, 1 and 2 worked!

15 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

This has been part of my S.O.P. (Standard Operating Procedure) for MSFS for a fair while now. Make a text file and put it on your desktop as a reminder!

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please try this first.

i delete rolling cache and follow the step 1and 2 but still nothing change, i post a topic in forum, can someone help me ?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, burge said:

sydney harbour bridge  on both end looks awful cityscape

The scenery has been developed to work with photogrammetry ON.  With the PG off, the bridge ends are above the roads, but also, most of the roads in the area are distorted , and look terrible.  The developer tried to get both options for PG available but it was impossible, and the decision was made to make the bridge compatible with PG ON.