What Would You Like to See for Throwback Thursday?

JohnnyJohnJohn

None of the above, because Throwback Thursday means low-effort freeware-quality releases. I learned the hard way that in spite of the great price, they are barely better than default in MSFS. Seeing any of the above properly made to Orbx usual MSFS standard would be great, but not as a Throwaway Thursday release.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Seanmo said:

None of the above, because Throwback Thursday means low-effort freeware-quality releases. I learned the hard way that in spite of the great price, they are barely better than default in MSFS. Seeing any of the above properly made to Orbx usual MSFS standard would be great, but not as a Throwaway Thursday release.

I don't think anything Orbx does is Low Effort - Its great to see these come back, and they are FAR ABOVE the MSFS Default standard.   IMHO, of course, and I respect yours as well too, we have the right to believe what we believe. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Seanmo said:

I agree with you, the reason I opted for NSTU to be ported over as a Throwback Thursday release is that I think it is the only way we'll ever see this kind of scenery at all in MSFS. I absolutely loved the package in P3D, but let's face it, there is not much demand for sceneries far out in the South Pacific, most people prefer US or Western European sceneries, maybe Australia and NZ too but that's about it. So Orbx will most likely not update the scenery to modern standards or invest a lot of money if they're not expecting high sales numbers. Heck, even freeware in this region is obviously not really successful, on flightsim.to there are only a handful of sceneries for Kiribati, Fiji and Tuvalu and my own two Tonga sceneries. None of them has accumulated more than a few hundred downloads, while US freeware airports regularly get a few thousands even if they were created with minimum effort. Long story short, I'd rather have a direct port of the NSTU pack even if it's not up to date but at least the buildings and overall feel are largely correct than stick with the awful default in this area. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, tigermothpilot said:

I'd like their Coffs Harbour.

You might  might just get your wish - as well as mine - and those who want our P3D Aussie airports back from Orbx in MS 2020

The recent adoption of AUSCENE by Orbx might just signify a blooming relationship for more work

The latest ------  Ballina Airport is an example - and 3 others to date

2 hours ago, tigermothpilot said:

John Heaton..I have Ballina, and I reckon it's a beauty! Also Aldinga. I don't know about you, but I feel I detect the presence of Anthony Lynch in AuScene, but I could be wrong.

I don't think they work together. Anthony regularly posts on fsdeveloper.com and I it seems he focuses on bringing his aircraft into the new sim. Auscene is also a regular contributor to the discussions there and they never mentioned a cooperation. I still don't know if the Auscene developer is the same who developed Adelaide for FSX years ago under the same brand name , if yes then he has significantly improved his skills since then. 

2 hours ago, tigermothpilot said:

John Heaton..I have Ballina, and I reckon it's a beauty! Also Aldinga. I don't know about you, but I feel I detect the presence of Anthony Lynch in AuScene, but I could be wrong.

I have them all except Ballina - but have no Knowledge of Anthony Lynch

What Orbx Airports has he done?

(I wish the bloke - people - who did Gold Coast airport and Cityscape would read this request 

and get rid of the old 8 year old Bing scenery )

Anthony Lynch is the guy behind the excellent freeware Ants Aussie Airports for FSX and P3D and also some very nice aircraft like the Tiger Noth, Tecnam P92 and others. 

17 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

I have them all except Ballina - but have no Knowledge of Anthony Lynch

What Orbx Airports has he done?

(I wish the bloke - people - who did Gold Coast airport and Cityscape would read this request 

and get rid of the old 8 year old Bing scenery )

22 hours ago, boetie said:

PNW Diamond.......Diamond something. Someone help me. Diamond Island?

Thanks in advance

Graeme :)

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Diamond Point Airstrip (2WA1].

I am sorry Graeme, I was wrong. Adam is of course right, the airport is called Diamond Point.

Maybe I had Bob Dylan's song "Black Diamond Bay" in my mind.

• Haha 2