Introducing EU Great Britain Central for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

Wow! It looks awesome!
Does it also include terraforming the terrain or improving the mesh?
I understand that it will be optimized with the updates of the simulator regions, so that duplicate POIs do not appear.
Will it be compatible with airports from other developers?

• Like 1

I'm starting to realize that I prefer products like this to actual airports as most of the default ones are fine for me since I'm not a real pilot. I bought the London pack on day one. Bought Paris on day one. Gonna buy this on day one.

And since Asobo increased performance dramatically in SU5 for me (I no longer am consider the jump from 16GB to 32GB of RAM!), which downloaded and installed flawlessly and works as expected for 99% of us, I now fly around London happier and snappier than I ever have. Can't wait to do the same in other parts of Britain!

Thanks Orbx!

Edited by Seanmo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Excited for this! Been looking forward to it since it was first mentioned on your roadmap. Looking on the Google POI map, I see that a couple of POIs that are included also appear in some airport sceneries, like Runcorn Bridge that is in Digital Design's EGGP. Will this new add on overwrite that, so only this new addon is shown? Otherwise, how to remove it from Digital Design's scenery while keeping the airport itself?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1 on the above post :) 

I literally came on here to ask the same question about the landmarks around EGGP and of course to say that I am really looking forward to this release and will be picking it up on Sunday. Great work and thank you for improving my home area even further! 

• Like 1

Looks fantastic, looking forward to it!:)

I have two questions:

1.  Will the south and north of Great Britain get also such treatment in the future?

2. Are there any future airports/airfields in GB planned by Orbx to complement this add on?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, A.Bloom said:

Looks fantastic, looking forward to it!:)

I have two questions:

1.  Will the south and north of Great Britain get also such treatment in the future?

2. Are there any future airports/airfields in GB planned by Orbx to complement this add on?

On the 2021 Roadmap, Scotland and North England (alongside Canary Islands) were both named as areas to be released as "Regions". Going by the naming convention of this announcement, I think it's safe to say that Scotland will be the "EU GB North" release sometime later this year. 

Edited by AT.Flight
  • Like 3

Prudhoe Castle and Currock Hill Glider Club would have been good additions. Glad to see Darlo Arena there - a key VRP for Teesside Airport.

Also I hope Raby Castle is in there because it's one of the best and most popular landmarks nearby for leisure flights. 

I've also never heard of Callaly Castle however the main castles on the Northumberland Coast are: Lindisfarne, Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh, Warkworth.. All amazing. And it's spelt Coquet Island, not Coguet

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Maurizio Rizzotto said:

Very interesting, i hope it will be published soon.

MSFS 2020 does not correctly reproduce the old WWII hangar of the RAF still present in many airports, including civil ones. Will your product correct this deficiency?

Many thanks

Maurizio  Rizzotto

Hi Maurizio,

No it won't.  It adds only landmarks or points of interest around Central Great Britain, and will not change any buildings at airports.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, makapala said:

Prudhoe Castle and Currock Hill Glider Club would have been good additions. Glad to see Darlo Arena there - a key VRP for Teesside Airport.

Also I hope Raby Castle is in there because it's one of the best and most popular landmarks nearby for leisure flights. 

I've also never heard of Callaly Castle however the main castles on the Northumberland Coast are: Lindisfarne, Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh, Warkworth.. All amazing. And it's spelt Coquet Island, not Coguet

I 100% concur.  The Northumberland coastal route won't be the same without all major landmarks along it.  The Flight from Newcastle to Edinburgh wont be the same without those mentioned.  Please give consideration as Makapala rightly calls out, as these are extremely famous landmarks, and when the new Indiana Jones film eventually comes out, all will understand why ;-)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

We've been working with DigitalDesign on this... If you have their airport installed, their bridges will override ours, which is the correct way things should be ordered

That's great to hear! Thanks for confirming. Looks like I chose a good week to take some annual leave then 

Was so excited to read this announcement , but have to say I'm disappointed that it doesn't include improved photoscenery for the UK. I appreciate that's costly to make and you have your reasons, but was hoping for a MSFS version of my x-plane true earth sceneries. The MSFS photo scenery is so poor in many places with the bing mapping, and of course there is still no real water masking for the coastline or inland, islands are flat and the autogen is woefully wrong across so much of the UK. 

Will sit this one out, but hoping you are able to justify the work on integrating it into a 'true earth' package at a later date.

Edited by hdsharks
  • Sad 1

My only complaint is the modelling of the towers in Manchester.. Look at Beetham Tower and the one behind in that screenshot.  Overall, I think this will be a well received product.

Edited by dcarter85

25 minutes ago, oklegtso said:

EU...?

Take it as a geographical designation, not a political one. Or did Brexit also move the whole islands physically out of the European continent? ;-) 

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Take it as a geographical designation, not a political one. Or did Brexit also move the whole islands physically out of the European continent? ;-) 

But EU (European Union) is a political designation, it just is.... "Europe" is a geographical designation.

It doesn't matter, but it is funny :)

EDIT: p.s. LOL, you see that you are Swiss :) 

Edited by oklegtso

True, but Orbx always used shortcuts for geographical designations, like EU for Europe, AUS for Australia, PNW for Pacific Northwest and so on. I am pretty sure they were not using EU as the shortcut for European Union. Anyway, funny it is for sure ;-) 

1 hour ago, Drazkul said:

Just watched the trailer, looks great (hoping the Midlands gets done as well) 

Hi I’ve seen sceenshots but didn’t know there was a trailer. Struggling surfing on my phone do you have a link to the trailer please?