Looking to a Better Future

As a lot of you guys/gals might remember, My wife recently had a serious illness, but thank fully has fully recovered, to the extent that she can - 90%. Not long after whilst in the waiting room waiting for her, she was with the doctor getting her check up, my phone rang - my D-I-L telling me my son had been rushed to hospital for urgent surgery. That night, I got a call from another hospital telling me my sister, she's 90 had been admitted with a serious heart problem. My stress period returned full on. 

On top of this,  my wife had to have minor surgery on her nose - sun spot, but something she didn't need after what she just went through, but she's okay, and my son came through and is now back on his feet. 

My sister has had to have a pacemaker fitted, which all looked good, until another emergency and she was rushed back to hospital, some complication with the original surgery, which caused fluid build up around her heart which has stopped it beating correctly. They have drains in to  remove it and we all have our fingers crossed.

I apologise for venting like this, but right now it's got a bit much, and this has helped me.

Oh, on top of all this, my rudders pedals broke:(

Don      

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
  • Upvote 1

That's what I like about this place - we're all friends here. And what better way to vent feelings, frustration, and stress than to unload on folks who'll listen and understand. I truly wish you and your's well Don. And if you need to "vent" again, we're here to listen. Please keep us updated.....Doug

• Like 8

Don, sorry to hear of you and your families troubles, and don't apologise for posting on hear, it's good sometimes just to get it out there and just to know someone is listening...you all take care and we're all thinking of you....

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Guys, thanks a million for your best wishes, sometimes when things like this happen, I'm not too sure where to turn, my family having their own problems, I just don't want to give them any more stress than they  already have. It's great to have you guys to lend an ear. As an update, my sister came out of ICU late today, and is holding her own - slight improvement. At 90 years it's a very slow process, but any improvement is a win. 

Again, thank you all.

Don

• Like 8

And we are just sitting at home complaining about Corona. That is a number of unfortunate serious hits you had to take. All the best for you and yours, Don.

On 5/17/2021 at 7:54 AM, VH-KDK said:

don't forget there is always someone here to listen.

Couldn´t say it better.

• Like 5

Don, sorry to hear about all the problems, that's a lot to digest at one time my friend! Stay positive, I'm sure everything will turn out for the better. Like everyone said, we are here for you 24/7 if need be. :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Obligations 

Ours 

To listen with respect , regardless  and without judgement

To be willing in each of our own way to help Don carry his load at the moment

To recognize that we are all part of this wonderful journey called life and when the going gets hard, it is your friends that are there

for you to help you on your journey. It's what friends are  - it's what we do.

Don

To us - none.

To a friend in the future,   to pay it forward in whatever way is of help when someone else need helps and understanding on their journey

All the best to you and your wife Don

Pete

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Pete, it's times like this that you find out how many true friends you have here, and I have a LOT, and when things go wrong, it warms my heart to have all this support. I often feel bad that I don't get to post on the forum as much as I would like to, but unfortunately that also is a health issue. I would hate to think that any  of friends here think I have abandoned them due to my absence, that would never happen, it's just life taking it's toll.

Don

• Like 2

On 5/18/2021 at 11:52 PM, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks Pete, it's times like this that you find out how many true friends you have here, and I have a LOT, and when things go wrong, it warms my heart to have all this support. I often feel bad that I don't get to post on the forum as much as I would like to, but unfortunately that also is a health issue. I would hate to think that any  of friends here think I have abandoned them due to my absence, that would never happen, it's just life taking it's toll.

Don

Hi Don

You do and all of us are thinking about you and hoping for the very best outcome.

We all understand and when you are able to post is a gift and an enjoyable moment from you to us to be savored and enjoyed.:)

Abandonment - never entered my mind Sir.  Life getting in the way of things . Yes. happens to all of us and we all understand.

Take care and all the best to you and for your wife

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2